Windows 10: How make mouse pointer not dissappear when mouse is disconnected

Discus and support How make mouse pointer not dissappear when mouse is disconnected in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got a laptop with a non working touchpad so i use a mouse but because the laptot have only 1 usb port i need to dissconnect it when connecting an usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Haru H1, May 26, 2024.

1. Haru H1 Win User

How make mouse pointer not dissappear when mouse is disconnected

I got a laptop with a non working touchpad so i use a mouse but because the laptot have only 1 usb port i need to dissconnect it when connecting an usb memory, so i intend to move the mouse pointer with the keyboard numpad, but because the pointer dissappears when mouse is discconnected it cant moved so i need a way to make it stay in order to move it with my keyboard

:)

Haru H1, May 26, 2024

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, May 26, 2024
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    The Mouse Pointer (THE OLD ONE?)

Hi Amir,

Are you using an external mouse or the touch pad mouse? You can change the way how your mouse pointer looks by following these steps:

1. Press Windows key on your keyboard, type Change your mouse settings and select the search result.
    2. On the window that would appear, click Additional mouse options.
    3. On the Pointers tab, under Scheme, click
      Windows Default (system scheme)
      on the drop-down menu.

Let me know if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, May 26, 2024
  4. DrDuncan Win User

Mouse Pointer Randomly Disappears

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, 10.1.19044, and have been for some time. My mouse pointer randomly disappears, even though it can still function. I have used an Anker Vertical mouse at work and at home for a few years now. The one I use at work died recently. I looked through Amazon for choices for a vertical mouse. I chose a more equipped Anker one with buttons for going backwards and forwards. My employer paid for it. Within the first day of using it, my mouse pointer disappeared. I'm significantly visually impaired and therefore, have a large pointer that is purple. I don't see purple on anything I do at work, which makes this a good mouse pointer color. I restarted my computer. That didn't help. I can see where the pointer is supposed to be, e.g, if I try to move the pointer over some choices in a drop-down list, each one appears like it has focus, but I can't work this way. I went to Task Manager and was able, sort of, to find applications and stop them. Once, closing Firefox fixed it. Another time, closing the Windows magnifier made the pointer reappear. Before we send it back to Amazon, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I've never had this happen before, and I assume it's the new mouse that is at fault. Sometime last week when I began using the new Anker mouse, Windows 10 updated itself. I don't know if that is the problem, but I assume it's the mouse. Any suggestions for how to fix this? Thanks.

DrDuncan, May 26, 2024
Thema:

1. How make mouse pointer not dissappear when mouse is disconnected - Similar Threads - mouse pointer dissappear

2. How make mouse pointer not dissappear when mouse is disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How make mouse pointer not dissappear when mouse is disconnected: I got a laptop with a non working touchpad so i use a mouse but because the laptot have only 1 usb port i need to dissconnect it when connecting an usb memory, so i intend to move the mouse pointer with the keyboard numpad, but because the pointer dissappears when mouse is...
  3. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer: Hi there,My PC is fully up-to-date in regards to Windows 11 & mouse driver so it is not an issue related to things needing to be updated.I have never been able to change my pointer. When in mouse settings & selecting the pointer I am wanting it won't even change my actual...
  4. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Pointer: My mouse pointer is ok with all apps except one "poker stars". When I click on a poker stars table, the mouse pointer becomes extremely tiny.I tried everything in windows 10 home edition adjusted mouse size and color, size stays same except for poker stars.I contacted...
  5. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  6. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how can i get the mouse pointer to snap to e.g. [OK] in a choice situation? or to YES or to NO etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/f788a716-5532-47c4-aa43-2bc394a641b4
  7. Mouse pointer

Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  8. Mouse Pointer

Mouse Pointer: How can I change my pointer so that it faces to the right instead of the left (I am left handed and it looks funny to me that way). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/36228905-7b27-49a2-9c69-1822dc34bd0d
  9. Mouse cursor dissappears

Mouse cursor dissappears: Hello, I often connect my laptop to my TV via hdmi. After latest update of my windows 10 (64) my cursor disappears from my laptop screen but is still visible on the tv screen. When I unplug from the tv, the cursor is still gone/invisible on my laptop screen and I need a full...
  10. Mouse pointer: how to make it brighter

Mouse pointer: how to make it brighter: Mouse pointer: how to make it brighter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-how-to-make-it-brighter/8e9cc8e9-2567-4706-aa22-f670f909a8b6