Windows 10: how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu

Discus and support how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New to this forum so may not get this process right. I have Open Shell (v4.4.131) installed. Works fine but I have to click the start menu button a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RoyDen, Jan 3, 2020.

1. RoyDen Win User

how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu

New to this forum so may not get this process right.

I have Open Shell (v4.4.131) installed. Works fine but I have to click the start menu button a few time to get the classic two columns menu on the screen. The W10 start menu is not hidden and comes up first.

The classic shell use to overwrite the w7 Start menu icon.

How do I just see the open shell menu icon?

Plus I have two screens connected to my lap top vis a Toshiba docking station. Plus I run Actual Multi Monitors (v8.14.1).
    It gives me a task bar on each monitor. But the second monitor only show the W10 start menu icon.

The classic shell use to overwrite the w7 Start menu icon on both task bars.

How do I just see the open shell menu icon on the second monitor?

I have the W10 Home edition v1903.

It has been like this since I installed open shell.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

RoyDen, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

I have these set - you need to log out and in for the changes to apply.

how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu [​IMG]

how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu [​IMG]

Steve C, Jan 3, 2020
  3. RoyDen Win User

Lance1
    I installed Open Shell 4.4.142. No change.

Any other suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Steve C

Mouse Hover (under Control Tab) does nothing. I hover over the W10 Start menu icon and nothings happens.

Then I changed all options to Open-Shell Menu. Nothing changes.

I want the W10 start menu icon replaced by the Open Shell menu like it worked for classic shell in W7.
    I do not even want to see the W10 start menu.

Any other suggestions?

RoyDen, Jan 3, 2020
  4. RoyDen Win User

New to this forum so may not get this process right.

I have Open Shell (v4.4.131) installed. Works fine but I have to click the start menu button a few time to get the classic two columns menu on the screen. The W10 start menu is not hidden and comes up first.

The classic shell use to overwrite the w7 Start menu icon.

How do I just see the open shell menu icon?

Plus I have two screens connected to my lap top vis a Toshiba docking station. Plus I run Actual Multi Monitors (v8.14.1).
    It gives me a task bar on each monitor. But the second monitor only show the W10 start menu icon.

The classic shell use to overwrite the w7 Start menu icon on both task bars.

How do I just see the open shell menu icon on the second monitor?

I have the W10 Home edition v1903.

It has been like this since I installed open shell.

Any help would be appreciated.

RoyDen, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

1. how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu - Similar Threads - open shell start

2. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  3. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  4. Insert Separator into Open Shell Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insert Separator into Open Shell Start Menu?: Windows 10 20H2 I'm not sure how to check the version number of Open Shell that's running on my system. In the help file it says "Version 4.3.1 general release." I'd like to insert a separator line into the Open Shell Start Menu. I was warned against posting in the Open Shell...
  5. No icons or Start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons or Start menu: Split from this thread. Powered on PC today and no icons or start up menu appear, I can't do anything and it is running incredibly slow, it is Windows 10. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience if this is not the proper way to ask this question. Thanks for any help....
  6. Open Shell: Change Start Menu Colors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Shell: Change Start Menu Colors?: Hi, I'm new to Windows 10 and haven't been able to make sense of the its Start menu, so I just installed Open Shell. The default Start menu has white letters on a black background, which is hard on my aging eyeballs. I'd like to change it to black letters on a light gray...
  7. Start Menu icons

Start Menu icons: Why would about half of the icons in my Start Menu turn orange? System is three years old and has had no recent changes or disruptions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons/f64106f6-89fd-4529-aade-0ce2b2c443dd
  8. how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu: New to this forum so may not get this process right. I have Open Shell (v4.4.131) installed. Works fine but I have to click the start menu button a few time to get the classic two columns menu on the screen. The W10 start menu is not hidden and comes up first. The classic...
  9. Start menu icons

Start menu icons: Im having this weird issue when i make icons small on start screen, Has anyone encountered or resolved this issue. They seem to be cut in half. [img] 12116
  10. Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons: Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601