Windows 10: How many back ups does Microsoft have

Discus and support How many back ups does Microsoft have in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wonder now with this new Windows 10 free offer how secure MS servers will be ? Since all computers that upgrade will have their hardware register... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sn00ker, Aug 15, 2015.

1. sn00ker Win User

How many back ups does Microsoft have

I wonder now with this new Windows 10 free offer how secure MS servers will be ? Since all computers that upgrade will have their hardware register with MS servers you know hackers are going to try to break in and disorder their system . Can you imagine a few years from now and MS has lets say a ball park number 3 hundred millions users register and their system gets hacked or even gets damages some how, can you imagine the outcome how it would play out

:)

sn00ker, Aug 15, 2015

2. I have pop ups blocked on Edge but still many many pop up adds to a point difficult to read anything

Hello, I did all that and still have pop ups.

sharns4verobeach, Aug 15, 2015
  3. I have pop ups blocked on Edge but still many many pop up adds to a point difficult to read anything

Popups still on any page any time anywhere. Popup blocker is checked on. Have kept current with deleting any temporary sites or cookies.

Really is irritating.

sharns4verobeach, Aug 15, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

One word: Disaster !

CountMike, Aug 15, 2015
  5. That is why they have backups and redundant systems. The system in Windows 10 is not new it was introduced with Windows 8.

logicearth, Aug 15, 2015
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Not really a concern... they use NSA as their off-site storage...

f14tomcat, Aug 15, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

I doubt if the activation servers are really of major interest to serious hackers other than just "nuisance players". The REAL prize is personal data / service contract info / bank account stuff etc - which we all know organised crime is getting increasingly adept at obtaining.

I suspect that Ms knows it won't be too long before serious "Activation Hacks" will appear (actually have started appearing) all over the Internet. By concentrating their revenue streams AWAY from the OS they then become fairly immune to loss of income from large scale Piracy.

Once they go into subscription models then their income stream is much more robust as pirating these is of an order of magnitude much more difficult. Also a lot of the subscription details can be stored on the customers own Bank machines so it's unlikely that even a major server outage would be a really serious disaster especially since they are equipped to switch sites (as are most large companies) in a matter of at the most a couple of hours. It's not like the Stock Exchange where MILLIONS if not BILLIONS or even TRILLIONS of dollars are traded in very short time frames.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How many back ups does Microsoft have - Similar Threads - many ups does

2. Does Microsoft Family have a limit on how many websites you can approve?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does Microsoft Family have a limit on how many websites you can approve?: I keep trying to approve website but the app keeps saying error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-family-have-a-limit-on-how-many/14f4ec8a-9478-44eb-81de-4a9c1c565754
  3. Does Microsoft Family have a limit on how many websites you can approve?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft Family have a limit on how many websites you can approve?: I keep trying to approve website but the app keeps saying error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-family-have-a-limit-on-how-many/14f4ec8a-9478-44eb-81de-4a9c1c565754
  4. Does Microsoft Family have a limit on how many websites you can approve?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does Microsoft have too many customers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft have too many customers?: I'm asking because this windows 11 update you keep trying to shove down our throats is ridiculous. You've snuck that onto me three times now and I had to roll back to Windows 10 which I absolutely hated when you forced that on me, but I know at one time you could tell it to...
  6. Does Microsoft have too many customers?

Does Microsoft have too many customers?: I'm asking because this windows 11 update you keep trying to shove down our throats is ridiculous. You've snuck that onto me three times now and I had to roll back to Windows 10 which I absolutely hated when you forced that on me, but I know at one time you could tell it to...
  7. How does Microsoft's Store keep-backed up?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How does Microsoft's Store keep-backed up?: How does Microsoft's get any messages?-You see there is problem that my store needed a update or something and KEEP asking, sending feedback, and left number to call still nothing....So my question is this "If the Microsoft store can't update my installed application or...
  8. How does Microsoft's Store keep-backed up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does Microsoft's Store keep-backed up?: How does Microsoft's get any messages?-You see there is problem that my store needed a update or something and KEEP asking, sending feedback, and left number to call still nothing....So my question is this "If the Microsoft store can't update my installed application or...
  9. How does Microsoft's Store keep-backed up?

10. How Many "Teams" Does Microsoft Have & How Can They Possibly Keep Up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Many "Teams" Does Microsoft Have & How Can They Possibly Keep Up?: I come here often and mostly just browse the various forums. Sometimes I'll get some useful information (thank you) and other times I end up just learning something new (again, thank you). But ever since the March CU train wreck I've been paying particular attention to the...