Windows 10: How many computers can install windows with the same serial?

Discus and support How many computers can install windows with the same serial? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I have Windows 10 installed on my computer with a serial number which I bought 4 years ago. I also have Dell Inspiron with Windows 10 and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TsahiBarshevsky, Aug 18, 2019.

1. How many computers can install windows with the same serial?

Hello.

I have Windows 10 installed on my computer with a serial number which I bought 4 years ago.

I also have Dell Inspiron with Windows 10 and I want to reinstall it in order to reset him (he's very slow and I can't work like that).

So, my question is: it is possible to use the same serial number on 2 different computers? If not, how can I reinstall windows 10 and format my laptop?

Thanks, Tsahi.

:)

TsahiBarshevsky, Aug 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Aug 18, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 18, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

How many computers can install windows with the same serial?

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

How many computers can install windows with the same serial?

1. How many computers can install windows with the same serial? - Similar Threads - many computers install

2. Can I use the serial which is in control panel for installing Windows in the SAME computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the serial which is in control panel for installing Windows in the SAME computer...: I have 2 SSDs, one is SATA, the older one, and the other one is PCIe. I want to move Windows to the PCIe one because it's faster.Can I do what's on the question? Use the serial in System to activate the newly installed one in the newer SSD? Or I'll have to buy Windows...
  3. Can I use the serial which is in control panel for installing Windows in the SAME computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use the serial which is in control panel for installing Windows in the SAME computer...: I have 2 SSDs, one is SATA, the older one, and the other one is PCIe. I want to move Windows to the PCIe one because it's faster.Can I do what's on the question? Use the serial in System to activate the newly installed one in the newer SSD? Or I'll have to buy Windows...
  4. how many computers can be on a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how many computers can be on a Microsoft account: How many computers can be on a Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-computers-can-be-on-a-microsoft-account/bcf358a1-e319-46bd-b424-040ade155a4b
  5. how many computers can be on a Microsoft account

how many computers can be on a Microsoft account: How many computers can be on a Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-computers-can-be-on-a-microsoft-account/bcf358a1-e319-46bd-b424-040ade155a4b
  6. How many computers can you run on a Windows license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many computers can you run on a Windows license?: How many computers can I operate on a Windows 10 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-computers-can-you-run-on-a-windows/38dff4a5-a68d-4885-b87c-ed899971ce78
  7. How many computers can you run on a Windows license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How many computers can you run on a Windows license?: How many computers can I operate on a Windows 10 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-computers-can-you-run-on-a-windows/38dff4a5-a68d-4885-b87c-ed899971ce78
  8. Microsoft 365 - how many total computers it can be installed on?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft 365 - how many total computers it can be installed on?: So firstly, I don't care about mobile devices, only actual computers. I understand I can install it on up to five computers. I have one windows desktop, one windows laptop, one macbook, and one mac mini, so that leaves 1 computer left. I want to share my subscription with one...
  9. too many same apps installed.

too many same apps installed.: hello I have upgraded to Windows 10 and when i have checked my programmes, I found these too many apps installed from micro. are they necessary? which one should I delete? what are these for? Thanks see the screenshot https://i.imgur.com/IFoBIqf.jpg?1 [img]...
  10. Same ISO many installs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Same ISO many installs: If I understand the premise, the ISO on a USB is for the purpose of preparing for the actual installation. The installation follows, with a download. I will be upgrading between 20 and 40 units for a Seniors Center, where I work as a volunteer. Can I use ONE ISO on the...