Windows 10: How many copies of Microsoft Edge should be opened when using it as your browser?

Discus and support How many copies of Microsoft Edge should be opened when using it as your browser? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Starting to use MS Edge more but I am really confused. I have one copy of Microsoft Edge open. But I have 18 copies of MS Edge turned on and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by daveeeeeeeeeeee, Aug 22, 2018.

1. How many copies of Microsoft Edge should be opened when using it as your browser?

Starting to use MS Edge more but I am really confused.

I have one copy of Microsoft Edge open.

But I have 18 copies of MS Edge turned on and running.

Is this normal or how should I be thinking about this?

Why did 18 editions show upand how do I prevent them from reopening.

Remember-I only have one on but 18 copies I never opened.

Thanks for your help

Dave

:)

daveeeeeeeeeeee, Aug 22, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 22, 2018
  4. How many copies of Microsoft Edge should be opened when using it as your browser?

microsoft edge will not open on windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

For better understanding of the issue, please reply to the following questions.

• Does the same issue occur when you connect to the internet through Internet Explorer?

• Did you make any changes to the system prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Delete the Browser history

Follow the steps in below article to clear browser history in Microsoft Edge:

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Method 2: Reset Microsoft Edge

Follow the below steps to reset Microsoft Edge and check if the issue persist.

• Navigate to the below location and delete everything in this folder.
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}

• Check if the issue is resolved, if not restart the system.
    Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

How many copies of Microsoft Edge should be opened when using it as your browser?

1. How many copies of Microsoft Edge should be opened when using it as your browser? - Similar Threads - many copies Microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge browser is not opening: I can't seem to open the Microsoft edge browser, it works welll with Chrome and Firefox browser, the Edge runs in the background but it wont display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser-is-not-opening/5f4f6d33-2a2a-49c6-911d-eab74da57e74
  3. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge browser is not opening: I can't seem to open the Microsoft edge browser, it works welll with Chrome and Firefox browser, the Edge runs in the background but it wont display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser-is-not-opening/5f4f6d33-2a2a-49c6-911d-eab74da57e74
  4. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Cortana
  5. How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]If you want to use Microsoft Edge from anywhere, you must enable and use the Edge bar feature. It helps you get a compact Microsoft Edge browser that you can use from almost any screen. Here is how you turn on the Edge bar and use it on Windows 11/10. What is Edge...
  6. Your browser is managed by your organization says Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Your browser is managed by your organization says Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge may display a Managed by your organization message when you open the 3-dot More menu in the top-right corner. Clicking on this link will take you to the following page in your Edge browser: edge://management This page will display: Microsoft Edge is...
  7. How to open News and Interests links in your default browser; Not Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to open News and Interests links in your default browser; Not Edge: A couple of days back, Microsoft announced that it will be rolling out its new feature, News and Interests for Windows 10. Although the announcement of the feature was made in January earlier this year, it is only now that people would be able to get their hands on it....
  8. How to use Kids Mode in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Kids Mode in Microsoft Edge browser: Sometimes, Internet browsing by children can unknowingly land them on pages that aren’t kid-friendly or have inappropriate content. As such, their online experience should be monitored or done under some sort of supervision. Browsers that are equipped with Family Safety...
  9. How to use Smart Copy in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Smart Copy in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Copy and paste are very useful commands in a computer that is highly used […] This article How to use Smart Copy in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. BSOD when opening many tabs in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when opening many tabs in Microsoft Edge: So I was able to recreate this issue three times already. I open many tabs in Edge that it brings my RAM usage to about 95% and naturally will get notified by Win10 that my memory consumption is high and I should close some applications to free up memory. BUT it should never...