Windows 10: How many different devices can i use my digital winodws 10 license on?

Discus and support How many different devices can i use my digital winodws 10 license on? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How many different devices can i use my digital widnows 10 license on? i upgraded to windows 10 from a retail version of windows 8 on my main pc, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VvCoopz, May 18, 2020.

1. VvCoopz Win User

How many different devices can i use my digital winodws 10 license on?

How many different devices can i use my digital widnows 10 license on? i upgraded to windows 10 from a retail version of windows 8 on my main pc, i also used my digital license to activate windows 10 on another laptop i had that is now out of commision. im thinking of purchacing a second hand laptop with with windows 8, am i still able to use my digital license to activate the new laptop?

:)

VvCoopz, May 18, 2020

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, May 18, 2020
  3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

How many different devices can i use my digital winodws 10 license on? [​IMG]

MCardona81, May 18, 2020
  4. How many different devices can i use my digital winodws 10 license on?

digital license requirement

Hello William,

Digital license or Digital entitlement can be obtained when a Windows device has been upgraded from an old version to the latest one. If you have an old Windows 7 device that was upgraded to Windows 10, the product key will be converted to a Digital license
    which is stored on our Activation servers. Digital license activation will not prompt for a product key during installation.

Here are some scenarios that will require a Digital license activation:

• Upgrading to Windows 10 for free from an eligible device running a genuine copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
    • Buying genuine Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store and successfully activated Windows 10.
    • Buying a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store and successfully activated Windows 10.
    • Being a Windows Insider and upgrading to the newest Windows 10 Insider Preview build on an eligible device that was running an activated earlier version of Windows and Windows 10 Preview.

For more information about Digital license, kindly refer to this support article.

Hope this information helps. Let us know if you any other concerns.

Devlin Sco, May 18, 2020
Thema:

How many different devices can i use my digital winodws 10 license on?

1. How many different devices can i use my digital winodws 10 license on? - Similar Threads - many different devices

2. How do I use a Windows 10 digital license on a different PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I use a Windows 10 digital license on a different PC?: I have bought 3 Windows 10 Professional licenses through the Microsoft store. I had them running on virtual machines on a vmware host. That host is having issues and I was trying to rebuild my Windows 10 images on VMWare Workstation instead. But, how do I move those licenses...
  3. How do I use a Windows 10 digital license on a different PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use a Windows 10 digital license on a different PC?: I have bought 3 Windows 10 Professional licenses through the Microsoft store. I had them running on virtual machines on a vmware host. That host is having issues and I was trying to rebuild my Windows 10 images on VMWare Workstation instead. But, how do I move those licenses...
  4. How do I use a Windows 10 digital license on a different PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?

How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?: Hello,I have a Windows 10 PC Which is activated using Digital License but, My question is that, How many time can I activate Windows using that Digital license I am asking this because when I open CMD.exe and type "slmgr /dlv", It says that I have 1001 Rearm Count.Thanks!...
  6. How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?: Hello,I have a Windows 10 PC Which is activated using Digital License but, My question is that, How many time can I activate Windows using that Digital license I am asking this because when I open CMD.exe and type "slmgr /dlv", It says that I have 1001 Rearm Count.Thanks!...
  7. How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How Many Digital License in My Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Many Digital License in My Account: I want to check how many digital license is attached to my Microsoft Account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-digital-license-in-my-account/0b99005d-871a-44a5-a808-845ff1357227
  9. Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC

Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC: Im currently building my new PC and couldnt find a definitive answer to my question: Can I use my current Harddrive in my new PC and still use Windows because of my Microsoft Account or do I have to purchase a new license for the new PC?...
  10. Windows 10 digital license; how many times ok to use

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 digital license; how many times ok to use: Recently, I upgraded two win7 PC's to Win10 and rolled both back to win7. Worked really good I might add. Need to know if there is any restrictions on how many times I can do this again with my digital entitlement form each win7 PC. I would like to go back in forth on...