Windows 10: How many GBs should I keep FREE on read-only SSD?

Discus and support How many GBs should I keep FREE on read-only SSD? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an SSD that is only used for reading. I stream music sample libraries from it. It is getting full and I'm not sure if it's advisable to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by orlando1974, Jul 31, 2020.

1. How many GBs should I keep FREE on read-only SSD?

I have an SSD that is only used for reading. I stream music sample libraries from it. It is getting full and I'm not sure if it's advisable to keep some of this precious high-speed real estate FREE or if I can fill it up?

Can someone advise on the rules of keeping "free space" on SSDs used as read-only? (if that makes any difference)

:)

orlando1974, Jul 31, 2020
  2. annie Win User

How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Bht11 Win User
    How many GB can I use in one drive for free?

Bht11, Jul 31, 2020
  4. How many GBs should I keep FREE on read-only SSD?

How Many GB is Windows 10

Please can someone please suggest to me how many gb is the
    windows 10
    October latest release, i want to download it but i don't know if my data is high enough to download it complete file

Davies Wales, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

How many GBs should I keep FREE on read-only SSD?

1. How many GBs should I keep FREE on read-only SSD? - Similar Threads - many GBs should

2. New SSD, folders keep reverting to read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New SSD, folders keep reverting to read only: Hello,I have bought a new SSD and formatted it. All files within are automatically set to 'read only' and keep reverting whenever unticked.The SSD is NOT set to read only. It's shown as 'healthy' in Windows and in the diskpart cmd, it is also not shown as readonly.All users...
  3. New SSD, folders keep reverting to read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD, folders keep reverting to read only: Hello,I have bought a new SSD and formatted it. All files within are automatically set to 'read only' and keep reverting whenever unticked.The SSD is NOT set to read only. It's shown as 'healthy' in Windows and in the diskpart cmd, it is also not shown as readonly.All users...
  4. New SSD, folders keep reverting to read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder reverts to Read Only Tried MANY Fixes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder reverts to Read Only Tried MANY Fixes...: Hello,On one of our Windows 10 systems, a particular folder keeps reverting to Read Only...I have read carefully, and tried, the many suggestions I have found. All have failed.Might there be a "This always works for me" approach out there? This is driving me nuts.Sincere...
  6. Folder reverts to Read Only Tried MANY Fixes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder reverts to Read Only Tried MANY Fixes...: Hello,On one of our Windows 10 systems, a particular folder keeps reverting to Read Only...I have read carefully, and tried, the many suggestions I have found. All have failed.Might there be a "This always works for me" approach out there? This is driving me nuts.Sincere...
  7. SSD stuck in read only and offline

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD stuck in read only and offline: My pc kept blue-screening, boot loops, recovery loops. then it stopped then bios came up, I reinstalled windows 10 on my HDD, and when I open disk partitions "Disk 1" SSD has 2 partitions [1 hidden]. it says "read-only" . when I go into command prompt and do " attribute disk...
  8. SSD stuck in read only and offline

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SSD stuck in read only and offline: My pc kept blue-screening, boot loops, recovery loops. then it stopped then bios came up, I reinstalled windows 10 on my HDD, and when I open disk partitions "Disk 1" SSD has 2 partitions [1 hidden]. it says "read-only" . when I go into command prompt and do " attribute disk...
  9. "Read-only" keeps reverting

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Read-only" keeps reverting: Let me start by saying that I have visited countless posts and read many articles on the topic. I have tried almost everything that I came across. its pointless to say, but hitting "apply" instead of "ok" didn't help I changed my account to administrator, used cmd attrib -r...
  10. Hosts file. Should it be set to read only?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file. Should it be set to read only?: Since using XP and then Windows 7 have always set the Hosts file to read only as a security measure. Is it still advisable to do this on Windows 10? 38639