Windows 10: How many GBs should I keep FREE on read-only SSD?

Discus and support How many GBs should I keep FREE on read-only SSD? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an SSD that is only used for reading. I stream music sample libraries from it. It is getting full and I'm not sure if it's advisable to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by orlando1974, Jul 31, 2020 at 9:47 AM.

1. How many GBs should I keep FREE on read-only SSD?

I have an SSD that is only used for reading. I stream music sample libraries from it. It is getting full and I'm not sure if it's advisable to keep some of this precious high-speed real estate FREE or if I can fill it up?

Can someone advise on the rules of keeping "free space" on SSDs used as read-only? (if that makes any difference)

:)

2. annie Win User

How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

3. Bht11 Win User
    How many GB can I use in one drive for free?

4. How many GBs should I keep FREE on read-only SSD?

How Many GB is Windows 10

Please can someone please suggest to me how many gb is the
    windows 10
    October latest release, i want to download it but i don't know if my data is high enough to download it complete file

Thema:

How many GBs should I keep FREE on read-only SSD?

1. How many GBs should I keep FREE on read-only SSD? - Similar Threads - many GBs should

2. Folders keep reverting to read-only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders keep reverting to read-only: Hi all, Not sure if this is the place to get help, but couldn't think where else to go. As the title says, every time I change a folder's settings to read-write, it reverts to read-only. My account is an admin account and I've changed all my disks to read write with the...
  3. How many Backgroundtaskhost.exe files should there be?

How many Backgroundtaskhost.exe files should there be?: For a bit of context, my computer and i heard leaving my computer on for BTH to run, but it makes no difference. Because of this I decided to check the C:\Windows to see file itself and I found 4 different backgroundTaskHost.exe files (2 of them are 17.3 KB, the other 2 are...
  4. "Read-only" keeps reverting

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Read-only" keeps reverting: Let me start by saying that I have visited countless posts and read many articles on the topic. I have tried almost everything that I came across. its pointless to say, but hitting "apply" instead of "ok" didn't help I changed my account to administrator, used cmd attrib -r...
  5. "read only" keeps reverting back

"read only" keeps reverting back: Hello, it seems like I can't turn off "read only" for a specific folder, it keeps reverting back, I tried many solutions on the internet to grant authorisations but everything I tried failed It's not like I never had that problem, in windows vista, win 7, win 8, win 10, and...
  6. How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable?

How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable?: Recently, my friends on discord have been hearing themselves and my PC audio during calls. When I open up sound devices in control panel, it lists my headset as speakers and believe that this is why the problem is happening (Not sure though please help). I went to device...
  7. How do I make Metadata read-only?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make Metadata read-only?: After reading about how the creation and modification dates on files can be changed by something as insignificant as a copy operation (a rather major flaw which seems like not only horrible but easily fixable programming to me, especially considering Mac doesn't seem to have...
  8. How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10

How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10: Hi, I am unable to change "Read Only" in any of my folders in any drives of the 2 Hard Disc in my computer. I tried changing "Full Control" for permission in the "Security"; but still it revert back to "Read Only". Please help to solve this problem. Thanks VKSBK...
  9. Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only

Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only: My Music folder and the files within keep reverting to Read-only. I'm the owner (and administrator) of the file so that shouldn't be the issue. When I uncheck Read-only and Apply it nearly finishes but then gives me the message: Error Applying Attributes An error...
  10. Hosts file. Should it be set to read only?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file. Should it be set to read only?: Since using XP and then Windows 7 have always set the Hosts file to read only as a security measure. Is it still advisable to do this on Windows 10? 38639