Windows 10: how many license required for a windows 2012 r2 host 50 linux VMs

Discus and support how many license required for a windows 2012 r2 host 50 linux VMs in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hi referring to page 8 of https://www.microsoftvolumelicensing.com/Downloader.aspx?documenttype=SPUR&lang=English 1. Standard edition ·... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RamyShaker, Nov 30, 2019.

1. how many license required for a windows 2012 r2 host 50 linux VMs

hi

referring to page 8 of https://www.microsoftvolumelicensing.com/Downloader.aspx?documenttype=SPUR&lang=English

1. Standard edition

· Standard edition permits use of the server software in one OSE on the Licensed Server.

· Standard edition permits use of one Running Instance of the server software in the Physical OSE on the Licensed Server (in addition to one Virtual OSE), if the Physical OSE is used solely to host and Manage the Virtual OSE.

Customer may assign additional Standard edition Licenses to the Licensed Server equal to the number specified in 2 above and run the server software in one additional OSE on the Licensed Server

is it applied for windows OS or all operating system linux and windows ?

so in my case phyical server host 50 linux VM

standard edition license for the physical host is enough ? or i have to assign additional standard license for Linux VMs ?

:)

RamyShaker, Nov 30, 2019
  2. KMRL84 Win User

Hyper-V VM server licensing

Hello,

We have a VM running a 2012 R2 OS and are having an issue applying the license we have purchased.

I was advised that a 2019 standard license would work for licensing a 2012 server and this is not working when typing in the key to the VM.

Can anyone point out what could be the issue, maybe I'm supposed to type the key into the Hyper-V host?

KMRL84, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Windows 2012 R2 Server (VM) Utilizing 100%

Hi Team,

Few of my windows 2012 R2 servers are running with 100% CPU utilization, in the task manager found that Service DCOM: and Service Local host are consuming most of the CPU (around 60 to 70%.

Could you please provide the next steps in fix this issue.

SureshGodaba, Nov 30, 2019
  4. how many license required for a windows 2012 r2 host 50 linux VMs

Licensing scenario

Ok, here's one licensing scenario I am trying to find out if it is legal or not, so far even our authorized rep can't tell me if it is or is not. On the current host, which runs 2012 R2, there are 2 2012 R2 guests and one fully licensed 2016 guest. We
    need to upgrade one of the 2012 R2 VMs to 2016. So is is that legal? In the end we'd have the host at 2012 R2, one guest at 2012 R2, and two 2016 VMs. Or, would I be facing having to upgrade the host to 2016 (getting raked for another full license in the
    process)? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jon Schulteis, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

how many license required for a windows 2012 r2 host 50 linux VMs

1. how many license required for a windows 2012 r2 host 50 linux VMs - Similar Threads - many license required

2. Can VMs licensed by SPLA be moved to non-hosted on premise with retial licensing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can VMs licensed by SPLA be moved to non-hosted on premise with retial licensing?: I am working with a client who is trying to move resources from a Managed Service Provider to their on premise infrastructure.The current MSP is currently providing the client with a single physical server running two Windows Server unknown version VMs. We asked for copies...
  3. Can VMs licensed by SPLA be moved to non-hosted on premise with retial licensing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can VMs licensed by SPLA be moved to non-hosted on premise with retial licensing?: I am working with a client who is trying to move resources from a Managed Service Provider to their on premise infrastructure.The current MSP is currently providing the client with a single physical server running two Windows Server unknown version VMs. We asked for copies...
  4. Windows 2012 r2 server is failing to connect with api hosted in docker ee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2012 r2 server is failing to connect with api hosted in docker ee: recently we upgraded our api from open shift to docker ee,We have a website using .net framework 4.6.1, iis 8.5 and windows server 2012 r2The connection to docker EE api is failing after the upgrade, the same works fine in windows server 2016,We are getting below error, when...
  5. Windows 2012 r2 server is failing to connect with api hosted in docker ee

Windows 2012 r2 server is failing to connect with api hosted in docker ee: recently we upgraded our api from open shift to docker ee,We have a website using .net framework 4.6.1, iis 8.5 and windows server 2012 r2The connection to docker EE api is failing after the upgrade, the same works fine in windows server 2016,We are getting below error, when...
  6. Windows Server 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2012 R2: Why am I asked for a license when installing a free ISO file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2012-r2/9f12f386-9e24-4845-a49f-1a1bcd30a18b
  7. Windows Server 2012 R2

Windows Server 2012 R2: Why am I asked for a license when installing a free ISO file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2012-r2/9f12f386-9e24-4845-a49f-1a1bcd30a18b
  8. server 2012 R2 hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    server 2012 R2 hang: what can i do with that?i can't open anything on the server Is there any way to solve ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/server-2012-r2-hang/209d268a-aedd-49ad-978e-587be89c4dd5
  9. Win10 Pro - Hyper-V hosting a Server 2012 R2 Server + Gaming on Host?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win10 Pro - Hyper-V hosting a Server 2012 R2 Server + Gaming on Host?: Hi, I run a home server for Hosting file shares, a Plex server, an LMS Squeezebox server, and Ubiquiti management server. The hardware is about 8 years old and I`m looking to upgrade. One thing I would like to do is some VR gaming (Elite Dangerous specifically) and I`m...
  10. Win10 Pro - Hyper-V hosting a Server 2012 R2 Server + Gaming on Host?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Pro - Hyper-V hosting a Server 2012 R2 Server + Gaming on Host?: Hi, I run a home server for Hosting file shares, a Plex server, an LMS Squeezebox server, and Ubiquiti management server. The hardware is about 8 years old and I`m looking to upgrade. One thing I would like to do is some VR gaming (Elite Dangerous specifically) and I`m...