Windows 10: How many machines can I use my Windows 10 install USB on?

Discus and support How many machines can I use my Windows 10 install USB on? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few years ago I bought an instance on windows 10 for a PC I was building and I was wondering if I can use that same usb install key to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JonatanKarlsson, Aug 1, 2021.

1. How many machines can I use my Windows 10 install USB on?

A few years ago I bought an instance on windows 10 for a PC I was building and I was wondering if I can use that same usb install key to reinstall windows 10 on windows 10 on another PC? The other PC is a laptop that came with windows 10 installed and I wanted to know if the install key I have will work on it. The reason for wanting the reinstall is issues with updating and some trouble with the machines internet connection.

:)

JonatanKarlsson, Aug 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 1, 2021
  4. thraxed Win User

How many machines can I use my Windows 10 install USB on?

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

How many machines can I use my Windows 10 install USB on?

1. How many machines can I use my Windows 10 install USB on? - Similar Threads - many machines install

2. How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?: Hey everyone!I have a Win 10 Home product key which I bought a pretty long time ago and wanted to ask how many times I can use it. I am about to buy a new machine and I am not quite sure if I'll be able to install Windows with the same key. Are there any requirements which I...
  3. How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?: Hey everyone!I have a Win 10 Home product key which I bought a pretty long time ago and wanted to ask how many times I can use it. I am about to buy a new machine and I am not quite sure if I'll be able to install Windows with the same key. Are there any requirements which I...
  4. How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How many times can I use the Clean Install Windows 10 on USB Flash Drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How many times can I use the Clean Install Windows 10 on USB Flash Drive.: How many times can I use the Clean Install Windows 10 on USB Flash Drive. I have 3 computers 1 laptop, 2 computers that need correct 64 bit Windows 10 installed. Would the one USB Flash Drive I have be able to be used on all 3?...
  6. How many times can I use a key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How many times can I use a key?: I currently have Windows 10 on my PC. I plan on building a new one pretty soon, and I was wondering when I install Windows 10 can I use the same key? I’ve read that The same key cannot be activates on 2 different PCs. Is it possible to reactive Windows on my current PC so I...
  7. How many times can I use my Windows activation key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How many times can I use my Windows activation key.: Hello, I had a key with my school for Windows 10 Pro N. And I used it quite a lot for various PCs Because I'm in IT But today I couldn't because the "key is already used on another device". So I guess there's a maximum of device you can use a single key on. I suppose it's...
  8. how many users can i use on windows 10

how many users can i use on windows 10: I want to buy windows 10. i see on the internet you have a special for R600. I read up and see that i can use up to 5 users. Is this correct. Thank you...
  9. Minecraft for Windows 10 - how many devices can I install Minecraft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for Windows 10 - how many devices can I install Minecraft?: Hello, We purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 Master Collection. How many laptops can we have the Minecraft installed? We have dozens of laptops. Can we purchase 1 license and install on all of our laptops? Or do we have to purchase one license for each laptop? Thanks....
  10. How can i reinstall windows 10 using usb

How can i reinstall windows 10 using usb: Hello guys as i posted before my laptop wont work and im stuck on repair boot loop. I have tried everything like system restore, safemode, cmd bootrec/rebuild bcd. except reinstalling windows10. Can someone please tell me how to install windows 10 because when i bought the...