Windows 10: How many media do you need to make Gr. Father - Father, son backup?

Discus and support How many media do you need to make Gr. Father - Father, son backup? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have 2 ext hdd. I wonder if I could do a Gr. Father -Father, son strategy? G. Father 1 would be full (I believe a clone, or image I am not sure)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by CapFlam128, Jul 23, 2017.

1. How many media do you need to make Gr. Father - Father, son backup?

I have 2 ext hdd. I wonder if I could do a Gr. Father -Father, son strategy?

G. Father 1 would be full (I believe a clone, or image I am not sure)

Father differential and S a incremental. Could I put these 2 on he same drive?

Thanks

:)

CapFlam128, Jul 23, 2017

2. name of sms thread changed

Hi. My 3 year old son secretly used my phone (Nokia Lumia 920) when I didn't see... So the sms thread I had with my husband stayed all the same but now its named by my father in law. That means,if I send sms on that thread,it wouldn't go to my husband,as
    it used to,but to his father. How can I change it back? Thanks.

JustinaKind, Jul 23, 2017
  3. Product Key for Windows

My father is sending me his laptop as a gift. This laptop has a Product Key for Window 7. He subsequently upgraded to Windows 10. In preparation for sending the laptop, he has wiped the hard drive.

My father thinks I can use the laptop's Product Key for Window 7 to get Windows 10.

While the laptop is in transit, I'd like to get going on Windows 10 media creation. Attempting to do so from a Vista desktop computer results in

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

"You’ve been routed to this page because the operating system you’re using won’t support the Windows 10 media creation tool..."

Understand that it is not this desktop computer that I seek to upgrade.

I may ask a friend for assistance creating with media creation but I have some questions:

• What prevents everyone in the world from reusing the Product Key?
    • Do I have to tell Microsoft that I'm my father, and prove it?
    • I assume that my father used the key once already to upgrade to Windows 10 How many time can he (or I) reuse it?
    • Or is the key somehow affiliated with that particular laptop, making the key useless elsewhere?

AlanFeldstein, Jul 23, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

How many media do you need to make Gr. Father - Father, son backup?

As long as you have room on the hard drives, you can put as many backup images on them as you want.

NavyLCDR, Jul 23, 2017
  5. Clive K Win User
    I keep my system images on 3 internal and 1 external drives. One of the images on an internal drive (fast SSD) is a close relative being made immediately before the 2nd. The 2nd image is copied to a different internal drive and to the external drive. So far, I've always restored from the fast SSD. FreeFileSynch is used to mirror all my data.
    The key to efficient imaging is hard drive organization. The average home user who images is imaging way too much data.
    I would consider a 30gb verging on excessive. My images are about 15gb now, with a fairly large suite of applications.
    Of course some users won't fit my application pattern, but most are close. I much prefer doing images that take a 2 minutes to run over some of the horror stories of 30-90 minute image runs. Makes it much more likely that I take the time to do them.

Clive K, Jul 24, 2017
  6. RolandJS Win User
    "...he average home user who images is imaging way too much data..." I probably fit this description because my backup routine includes making a full image of my data partition, which is 278GB at present, which doesn't really change that much on the average, onto external media. For me, making full images, that have been proven to be easily restorable, is much easier than incremental or differential backups and the resultant restoring layer after layer.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How many media do you need to make Gr. Father - Father, son backup?

1. How many media do you need to make Gr. Father - Father, son backup? - Similar Threads - many media need

2. How do you make the screen BRIGHTER.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you make the screen BRIGHTER.: I’m getting extremely pissed off. I have a windows 10 laptop I just got today and the screen seems WAY TOO DIM. I put the screen brightness all the way up but it won’t work, it’s like the colors are too dark !it’s pissing me off submitted by /u/Invaderofparis [link]...
  3. close account of my deseased father

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    close account of my deseased father: Hello, My father passed away last april and I asked to close his account through email in the beginning of july. I also stornated the subscription fee on july 11th. Only today I saw the amount was once more paid through the apparently still present incasso. So once mmore I...
  4. Family Settings / How to remove child from divorced father's account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Family Settings / How to remove child from divorced father's account?: Help please. I need to put my 12 year old son into MY Family Account. When I try, it says that he is still under his father's account, of which I do not have password. I cannot find a live assistant or person to speak to. Thanks!...
  5. Need help changing my Win 10 registration from my fathers email to me

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help changing my Win 10 registration from my fathers email to me: Hello all, For my first and question/thread I need help in learning how to change the registration of the copy of Windows 10 on this laptop I just got. It was sent to my parent home because I was traveling there for the weekend and my dad got the laptop sent to them but he...
  6. I need help changing my Win 10 registation from my fathers email to me

in Windows 10 Support
    I need help changing my Win 10 registation from my fathers email to me: Hello all, For my first and question/thread I need help in learning how to change the registration of the copy of Windows 10 on this laptop I just got. It was sent to my parent home because I was traveling there for the weekend and my dad got the laptop sent to them but he...
  7. How many NIC cards do you need to setup a DNS server?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How many NIC cards do you need to setup a DNS server?: Can a DNS server work on single NIC card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-nic-cards-do-you-need-to-setup-a-dns/2ad576eb-b068-43ea-85e7-33486cde9b38
  8. How Many Email Accounts Do You Have?

in Browsers and Email
    How Many Email Accounts Do You Have?: I just thought that since we were talking about which email format we use, how about "How many email" accounts do we have? I have 6 local email accounts through my ISP. I then have 5 more through Gmail, Outlook, Live and Hotmail. If I include my work that is another 2....
  9. How do you name a Macrium backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do you name a Macrium backup: How do you name a Macrium backup? So it's not all letters and numbers I named my second backup with a couple of different words. But I can only tell it apart by the date even finding that would be useful. Thank you in advance. 82420
  10. How do you make program folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you make program folders?: In previous versions of windows, you could make program folders and nest the programs you wanted inside of them; I have no clue as to how to do that in windows 10; I had them organzied that way in Win 7, and after upgrading to 10, some of them do show up on the start menu,...