Windows 10: How many media do you need to make Gr. Father - Father, son backup?

Discus and support How many media do you need to make Gr. Father - Father, son backup? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have 2 ext hdd. I wonder if I could do a Gr. Father -Father, son strategy? G. Father 1 would be full (I believe a clone, or image I am not sure)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by CapFlam128, Jul 23, 2017.

1. How many media do you need to make Gr. Father - Father, son backup?

I have 2 ext hdd. I wonder if I could do a Gr. Father -Father, son strategy?

G. Father 1 would be full (I believe a clone, or image I am not sure)

Father differential and S a incremental. Could I put these 2 on he same drive?

Thanks

:)

CapFlam128, Jul 23, 2017

2. name of sms thread changed

Hi. My 3 year old son secretly used my phone (Nokia Lumia 920) when I didn't see... So the sms thread I had with my husband stayed all the same but now its named by my father in law. That means,if I send sms on that thread,it wouldn't go to my husband,as
    it used to,but to his father. How can I change it back? Thanks.

JustinaKind, Jul 23, 2017
  3. Product Key for Windows

My father is sending me his laptop as a gift. This laptop has a Product Key for Window 7. He subsequently upgraded to Windows 10. In preparation for sending the laptop, he has wiped the hard drive.

My father thinks I can use the laptop's Product Key for Window 7 to get Windows 10.

While the laptop is in transit, I'd like to get going on Windows 10 media creation. Attempting to do so from a Vista desktop computer results in

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

"You’ve been routed to this page because the operating system you’re using won’t support the Windows 10 media creation tool..."

Understand that it is not this desktop computer that I seek to upgrade.

I may ask a friend for assistance creating with media creation but I have some questions:

• What prevents everyone in the world from reusing the Product Key?
    • Do I have to tell Microsoft that I'm my father, and prove it?
    • I assume that my father used the key once already to upgrade to Windows 10 How many time can he (or I) reuse it?
    • Or is the key somehow affiliated with that particular laptop, making the key useless elsewhere?

AlanFeldstein, Jul 23, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

How many media do you need to make Gr. Father - Father, son backup?

As long as you have room on the hard drives, you can put as many backup images on them as you want.

NavyLCDR, Jul 23, 2017
  5. Clive K Win User
    I keep my system images on 3 internal and 1 external drives. One of the images on an internal drive (fast SSD) is a close relative being made immediately before the 2nd. The 2nd image is copied to a different internal drive and to the external drive. So far, I've always restored from the fast SSD. FreeFileSynch is used to mirror all my data.
    The key to efficient imaging is hard drive organization. The average home user who images is imaging way too much data.
    I would consider a 30gb verging on excessive. My images are about 15gb now, with a fairly large suite of applications.
    Of course some users won't fit my application pattern, but most are close. I much prefer doing images that take a 2 minutes to run over some of the horror stories of 30-90 minute image runs. Makes it much more likely that I take the time to do them.

Clive K, Jul 24, 2017
  6. RolandJS Win User
    "...he average home user who images is imaging way too much data..." I probably fit this description because my backup routine includes making a full image of my data partition, which is 278GB at present, which doesn't really change that much on the average, onto external media. For me, making full images, that have been proven to be easily restorable, is much easier than incremental or differential backups and the resultant restoring layer after layer.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How many media do you need to make Gr. Father - Father, son backup?

1. How many media do you need to make Gr. Father - Father, son backup? - Similar Threads - many media need

2. Father passed away and need access to his computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Father passed away and need access to his computer: As my title states, my father passed away 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, we can't locate any of his login info. His login is linked with his Microsoft account so there's no way for us to just reset his password. I have contacted the email "*** Email address is removed for...
  3. Father passed away and need access to his computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Father passed away and need access to his computer: As my title states, my father passed away 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, we can't locate any of his login info. His login is linked with his Microsoft account so there's no way for us to just reset his password. I have contacted the email "*** Email address is removed for...
  4. I need to delete my late fathers account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need to delete my late fathers account: My Father passed away in November and would like to close his Microsoft account - I don't need access, just need it closed please. I have his Microsoft account Login name he used for Skype, but I don't have access to his old email account, so cant recover a security code. I...
  5. I need to delete my late fathers account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to delete my late fathers account: My Father passed away in November and would like to close his Microsoft account - I don't need access, just need it closed please. I have his Microsoft account Login name he used for Skype, but I don't have access to his old email account, so cant recover a security code. I...
  6. I need to delete my late fathers account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My father's computer crashed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My father's computer crashed: My father computer crashed. Pls tell what caused to crash.Dump File https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-fathers-computer-crashed/5ceed555-9722-49c9-84c7-5a6e54975be1
  8. Father passed away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Father passed away: I have his login pin and of course can get in but I would like to change the owner/ admin any help would be appreciated..! TIA submitted by /u/Dregs11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8ms6h/father_passed_away/
  9. Deceased Father and needing computer access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deceased Father and needing computer access: Hello, My father passed away and he has 2 computers which I do not know the passwords to as he had changed them and forgot what they were. I need t get into these to get all the information off of them for bills and private information. I attempted the security questions...
  10. Desktop setup for 93yo father

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop setup for 93yo father: New user here, helping my 93 yo dad w a windows10 setup. DK much about it. He wants to minimize it w mainly web page shortcuts/icons (email, amazon, medical provider, free and simple word processor) on the desktop w/ large fonts. I can put them on the taskbar but not desktop....