Windows 10: How many recovery partitions does this need

Discus and support How many recovery partitions does this need in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im low on diskstorage. Opened disk manager to find the expected recovery1 or2 but 3 recovery parts. each different size and none the standard 500mb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinRelaxTech, Jun 19, 2020.

1. How many recovery partitions does this need

Im low on diskstorage. Opened disk manager to find the expected recovery1 or2 but 3 recovery parts. each different size and none the standard 500mb that mircosoft claims. one is 900mb / partion2 1.34GB / and lastly a 12.47GB. which one safe to remove. can anyone indicate what part is likely authentic

bonus points to tell me where the rest spawn from.

:)

KevinRelaxTech, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jun 19, 2020
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! How many recovery partitions does this need :)

RyoTakagi, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Mario Tum Win User

How many recovery partitions does this need

Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

How many recovery partitions does this need

1. How many recovery partitions does this need - Similar Threads - many recovery partitions

2. How to create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create a recovery partition?: Let's say I was able to download the Win10 iso from herehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10I am fully aware that recovery Image and recovery drive is completely different from recovery partition - I want to have my system to gain ability of oem pc to...
  3. Too many recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too many recovery partitions: I purchased an ASUS computer running Win7, upgraded to WIn8 and then later to Win10. I configured a D: data drive on the spare space on disk 0 and used all of disk 1 as E: for more data space. Now I would like to consolidate space on disk 0 and make disk 1 a mirror of disk 0....
  4. Too many recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many recovery partitions: I purchased an ASUS computer running Win7, upgraded to WIn8 and then later to Win10. I configured a D: data drive on the spare space on disk 0 and used all of disk 1 as E: for more data space. Now I would like to consolidate space on disk 0 and make disk 1 a mirror of disk 0....
  5. Too many recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Repair Disc / Recovery Drive (how many needed?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Repair Disc / Recovery Drive (how many needed?): Hi, Maybe this thread should be under "Backup & Restore" instead of "General Support". Since it isn't a specific problem but rather a general question, I have posted it here, OK. I have found that the best way to get my computer back to working correctly when Win.10 goes...
  7. Recovery partition needs optimization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recovery partition needs optimization: When I upgraded to the Creators Update, I have noticed that the Recovery partition of my hard drive reads 13% fragmented. I have tried defragmenting it, but nothing happens. Having mild OCD, how do I remedy this? 81972
  8. Windows does not find the recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows does not find the recovery partition: Hi, My Vaio laptop came with a built-in recovery partition (it's 'bout 32GB and hidden). Sometimes I use it to reset my PC back to factory conditions due to unexpected errors. But yesterday I was shocked 'cuz Windows Disk Management showed that my recovery partition was...
  9. HP Recovery Partition - Software needed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Recovery Partition - Software needed?: Hi, I have the Pavilion 15 with a SSD + HDD. The HP Recovery Partition is on the HDD. For my own comfort I deleted the SSD Partition and did a clean Windows 10 install, from an image grabbed on microsoft.com. I left the Recovery Partition AS IS. My questions...
  10. Too many Recovery Partitions???

in Windows 10 Support
    Too many Recovery Partitions???: Does this look odd to anyone? Should I have this many partitions? Especially 3 Recovery Partitions......can I get rid of them and how do I know which one and do it safely? *Sleepy 78988