Windows 10: How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable?

Discus and support How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently, my friends on discord have been hearing themselves and my PC audio during calls. When I open up sound devices in control panel, it lists my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The_Retronator, Feb 18, 2020.

1. How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable?

Recently, my friends on discord have been hearing themselves and my PC audio during calls. When I open up sound devices in control panel, it lists my headset as speakers and believe that this is why the problem is happening (Not sure though please help). I went to device manager to look at my sound drivers and i showed that I had these drivers:

NS-SPBTBRICK Hands-Free AG Audio

NS-SPBTBRICK Stereo

NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Nvidia Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Realtek High Definition Audio

Should I disable or uninstall any of these drivers, or do you know of any other solutions for fixing my discord problem? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

submitted by /u/The_Retronator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/The_Retronator, Feb 18, 2020

2. Disabled motherboard audio device disappears from sound configuration

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with enabling and disabling the sound drivers, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below steps to Update the driver
    and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Under Sound, video and game controller, right click on the driver and click on
      Update the driver software.

• Click on Browse my computer for driver software, click on
      Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

• Follow the Onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 18, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Feb 18, 2020
  4. How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable?

Unplugging USB disables sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re having issue with sound, I will make sure to help you with this issue.

This issue may occur due to damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound
    card.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the volume icon which is on bottom right corner.
    • Click on playback devices and highlight speakers.
    • Then below click on properties.
    • And then click on Advanced Tab and below click on
      Restore to default
    • And then Apply and click on OK
    If the issue still persist then I would suggest you to follow the steps from the below link:

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps are given for Windows 8.1 but same applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable?

1. How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable? - Similar Threads - many sound drivers

2. Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?: I am unable to backup a VM because some VSS Services are running. One the backup software console [Commvault], there is an error that states there is another backup software running. Commvault support states to reboot and/or contact Microsoft support if the case lingers. I...
  3. Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?: I am unable to backup a VM because some VSS Services are running. One the backup software console [Commvault], there is an error that states there is another backup software running. Commvault support states to reboot and/or contact Microsoft support if the case lingers. I...
  4. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION-Which driver should I put in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION-Which driver should I put in?: Hello everyone,Two days ago my MSI GS66 Stealth 11UE laptop has been crashing and giving me the blue screen of death with the error message "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION". This happened when I was playing games on steam, first black screen flashes, and then a critical crash...
  5. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION-Which driver should I put in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION-Which driver should I put in?: Hello everyone,Two days ago my MSI GS66 Stealth 11UE laptop has been crashing and giving me the blue screen of death with the error message "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION". This happened when I was playing games on steam, first black screen flashes, and then a critical crash...
  6. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION-Which driver should I put in?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Which Graphics driver should I install?

Which Graphics driver should I install?: I have a laptop from Dell and it has an Intel processor with integrated Intel graphics. I am confused to which driver should I install? I mean, on Intel's website the latest drivers were released recently, but on Dell's website, for specifically searching for my device, it...
  8. Which display driver should I download?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which display driver should I download?: My display driver failed and my background turned black so I googled some stuff and one forum said to delete the display driver so I did that and now I can't brighten the screen any higher than it is now the light is okay but it's not as bright as I usually like it....
  9. Which version SHOULD I have?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which version SHOULD I have?: I have Windows 10 Pro version 2004. As yet, I have not been offered the 20H2 update, but I have on my other PC which is version 1909. Firstly, should I manually update 2004 to 20H2, or wait to see if it appears in updates? Secondly, the update failed on my other PC so shall I...
  10. how to identify which driver should be installed

how to identify which driver should be installed: Previously I have taken backup of my all drivers by Code: dism /online /export-driver /destination:C:\drivers-backup They were working fine in Windows 10 Home Edition. and restored them as shown here. I now thought I should upgrade things to latest drivers.So I downloaded...