Windows 10: How many time CHKDSK command is executed after boot?

Discus and support How many time CHKDSK command is executed after boot? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 5400RPM HDDs, 1 7200 HDD, and an SSD. I checked my disks with CrystalDiskMark and have found out that one of my drive is in "Caution" state.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ade Surya Ananda, Oct 16, 2021.

1. How many time CHKDSK command is executed after boot?

I have 2 5400RPM HDDs, 1 7200 HDD, and an SSD. I checked my disks with CrystalDiskMark and have found out that one of my drive is in "Caution" state. Then I decided to start CHKDSK command on all of my drives on startup. Due to me having a little bit of doubt that I did that correctly, I ran CHKDSK not only once via CMD. I left my PC overnight. After it is completed, my PC rebooted and started another CHKDSK after rebooting. I thought that CHKDSK after reboot runs only once. Or is it because I did CHKDSK more than one in CMD? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

:)

Ade Surya Ananda, Oct 16, 2021

2. "chkdsk" command on "cmd" showing lots of errors

You can run chkdsk /f at the Command Prompt while in Repair Mode. It works like so:

1. Tap F8 at boot time to get into Repair Mode.
    2. Open a Command Prompt.
    3. Find the System partition like so:

dir C:\Win* {Enter}

dir D:\Win* {Enter}

dir E:\Win* {Enter}

dir F:\Win* {Enter}

until you get a positive response. I shall call this letter Q:.
    4. Run chkdsk Q: /F

Frederik Long, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, Oct 16, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

How many time CHKDSK command is executed after boot?

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

How many time CHKDSK command is executed after boot?

1. How many time CHKDSK command is executed after boot? - Similar Threads - many CHKDSK command

2. How many time CHKDSK command is executed after boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many time CHKDSK command is executed after boot?: I have 2 5400RPM HDDs, 1 7200 HDD, and an SSD. I checked my disks with CrystalDiskMark and found out that one of my drive is in "Caution" state. Then I decided to start CHKDSK command via CMD on all of my drives on startup. Due to me having a doubt that I did that correctly,...
  3. How many time CHKDSK command is executed after boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How many time CHKDSK command is executed after boot?: I have 2 5400RPM HDDs, 1 7200 HDD, and an SSD. I checked my disks with CrystalDiskMark and found out that one of my drive is in "Caution" state. Then I decided to start CHKDSK command via CMD on all of my drives on startup. Due to me having a doubt that I did that correctly,...
  4. chkdsk/f command

in Windows 10 Customization
    chkdsk/f command: Hello Microsoft. In 1976 I started writing computer software programs at Shasta College. That was prior to Microsoft or Apple. I was required to write an operating system for a desktop personal computer. That was before the contest that Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs, and...
  5. Settings commands chkdsk at command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings commands chkdsk at command prompt: Hello, I appealed to the Microsoft community and please send me ascript containing all the settings commands chkdsk to fix the bad ssd ect… Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  6. Is there a program that executes commands at certain times (in a batch file)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a program that executes commands at certain times (in a batch file)?: Hello, everyone, I have programmed a Minecraft server and have now set the computer to go on and off to certain pages. When it is on, the start file Per Autostart opens. But to close it I need the command /stop so the server saves. But because I want everything to be...
  7. Why is chkdsk failing to run properly the first time I execute it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is chkdsk failing to run properly the first time I execute it?: After running system file checker on all the classroom computers in a private school I provide tech support for, I am also running chckdsk /f /r. There are about 25 computers involved, all with Windows 10 installed and with all latest updates from Microsoft. These are older...
  8. Chkdsk in command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk in command prompt: Why does running chkdsk in command prompt as administrator in windows 10 take so long? It looks like it will take weeks. Incidentally, after around 9,000 clusters checked...
  9. Chkdsk in command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chkdsk in command prompt: Why does running chkdsk in command prompt as administrator in windows 10 take so long? It looks like it will take weeks. Incidentally, after around 6,000 clusters checked out of 835,248 clusters that hard drives Properties - Tools became accessible enabling chkdisk without...
  10. Laptop not starting after chkdsk command

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not starting after chkdsk command: My laptop is not getting started after running chkdsk command. My laptop had inbuilt windows and I don’t have any CD. What should I do?...