Windows 10: How many time to move the windows key to another mainboard and How I can move Home to Pro...

Discus and support How many time to move the windows key to another mainboard and How I can move Home to Pro... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How many times to move the windows key to another mainboard? I got a problem with the mainboard and want to change it. But I have moved the key last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by iboommm, Aug 13, 2020.

1. iboommm Win User

How many time to move the windows key to another mainboard and How I can move Home to Pro...

How many times to move the windows key to another mainboard?

I got a problem with the mainboard and want to change it.

But I have moved the key last year from the old mainboard. can I move it for a new one?

How I can move Home to Pro version?

I got a problem with docker on Windows and want to upgrade it to Pro.

but I trying to find the link but can't found it.

Could you please help?

Move from Thai Forum

:)

iboommm, Aug 13, 2020

2. What kind of quad.

I suspect you are at "the edge" of the power rating for the mainboard. Perhaps Q6600 wasnt listed due to TWO versions, C3 stepping at 105W and G0 stepping at 95W. Furthermore, if you OC the G0 Q6600 then it will use more than 95W. Since Q9300 is on a 1333 buss, then perhaps the BIOS doesnt give you scope to OC it, keeping it well withing the 95W envelope.

My suggestion is, if the mainboard is important to you and you dont want to blow the power regulators or caps, to NOT OC the Q6600. Take the thing out of design spec (by OC'ing it) and you may very well rapidly reduce the half-life of your board.

Also, as erocker suggests, there are 65W quads out now. I think those are better suited to this mainboard.

Good luck.

lemonadesoda, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 13, 2020
  4. FX-GMC Win User

How many time to move the windows key to another mainboard and How I can move Home to Pro...

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. How many time to move the windows key to another mainboard and How I can move Home to Pro... - Similar Threads - many move key

2. How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?: Hey everyone!I have a Win 10 Home product key which I bought a pretty long time ago and wanted to ask how many times I can use it. I am about to buy a new machine and I am not quite sure if I'll be able to install Windows with the same key. Are there any requirements which I...
  3. How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?: Hey everyone!I have a Win 10 Home product key which I bought a pretty long time ago and wanted to ask how many times I can use it. I am about to buy a new machine and I am not quite sure if I'll be able to install Windows with the same key. Are there any requirements which I...
  4. How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How can i move my active partition to another disk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i move my active partition to another disk?: Here is my situation and hoping i can get some help: 1) After checking the PC health checker for win11 upgrade, I found that my computer can't run Win11 because i don't have secure boot. After trying to turn it on in my BIOS to no avail, it seems it's due to me having...
  6. How can i move my active partition to another disk?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i move my active partition to another disk?: Here is my situation and hoping i can get some help: 1) After checking the PC health checker for win11 upgrade, I found that my computer can't run Win11 because i don't have secure boot. After trying to turn it on in my BIOS to no avail, it seems it's due to me having...
  7. How to move an application on to another monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move an application on to another monitor: Hello, recently I have been having problems moving an application from monitor to monitor. Whenever I try to move an application to my other monitor using the alt enter and drag method it is fine, however when I then go to full screen application it automatically defaults the...
  8. How can I move a Windows Pro product key from one computer to another?

How can I move a Windows Pro product key from one computer to another?: I recently bought the Windows Pro product key so I could upgrade Windows Home to Windows Pro. I activated that key on computer A. But, that computer is having problems so I bought computer B, which has Windows Homes. Because the product key is only good on one computer, how...
  9. How many times can I use a key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How many times can I use a key?: I currently have Windows 10 on my PC. I plan on building a new one pretty soon, and I was wondering when I install Windows 10 can I use the same key? I’ve read that The same key cannot be activates on 2 different PCs. Is it possible to reactive Windows on my current PC so I...
  10. How to move Windows from on PC to another.

How to move Windows from on PC to another.: I am going to be building a new PC and I have an older laptop with a legit copy of Windows 10 pro installed. I don't use this laptop anymore so I'd like to take advantage of it and move the product key from the laptop to my new PC. Is there anyway to do this?...