Windows 10: How many times can I reset my computer until the virtual license becomes invalid?

Discus and support How many times can I reset my computer until the virtual license becomes invalid? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I reset my computer every year or so to keep my computer fresh. My question is, how many times I can reset my Windows 10 Home computer tower with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jonas R.V, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Jonas R.V Win User

How many times can I reset my computer until the virtual license becomes invalid?

I reset my computer every year or so to keep my computer fresh. My question is, how many times I can reset my Windows 10 Home computer tower with a virtual license until it doesn't work?

Thanks!

:)

Jonas R.V, Mar 5, 2019

2. Licensing for a virtual machine

Nope. A virtual machine is similar to a new computer. New computer=new license.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Mar 5, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

How many times can I reset my computer until the virtual license becomes invalid?

Clean install of W10 not possible in Virtual Machine.

Please get a cup of coffee, lean back and think an answer for these two questions. Take your time, then check the answers below the questions:

Questions:
    1. If you do a clean install of let's say Windows 10 Insider Build 10525 on a totally new computer which has never had an activated Windows 10 on it, does it activate?
    2. If you do a clean install of Windows 10 Insider Build on a computer where the underlying Windows 10, upgraded from a qualifying old operating system has already been activated, does it activate?

Answers:
    1. No, of course not.
    2. Yes, of course.

Why do you think that a virtual machine would make any difference? You have tried to install Windows 10 on a totally new machine which has never had an activated Windows 10 installed, therefore the Microsoft activation servers block the activation due invalid machine ID. In the highlighted part in below quote you admit your mistake yourself, plain and simple, yet you when doing this wrong draw conclusion that even if done correctly it would not work:

What you have tried is essentially the same as if you took a brand new real physical PC without any operating system, which has never had any operating system, and then installed Windows 10 Insider Preview wondering why it does not activate! Virtual Machines behave exactly the same way; if you want to clean install Windows 10 Insider Preview and get it activated you must do it on an existing virtual machine, one which has already had an upgraded Windows 10 activated. This "computer", the virtual machine, its machine ID is marked on activation servers as valid and activated and it will of course activate.

Be it a virtual machine or a physical computer, you cannot activate a clean installed Windows 10 Insider Preview on a totally new machine. How difficult can this be to understand?

When clean installing Windows 10 Insider Preview on a computer which has already had a previous Windows 10 Insider activated, you do not use the product key! It will be asked twice, once before the installation starts and once after the last reboot to OOBE phase. In both cases you skip the product key and your Windows will be automatically activated.

Kari, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. How many times can I reset my computer until the virtual license becomes invalid? - Similar Threads - many times reset

2. How many computers can you run on a Windows license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many computers can you run on a Windows license?: How many computers can I operate on a Windows 10 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-computers-can-you-run-on-a-windows/38dff4a5-a68d-4885-b87c-ed899971ce78
  3. How many computers can you run on a Windows license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How many computers can you run on a Windows license?: How many computers can I operate on a Windows 10 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-computers-can-you-run-on-a-windows/38dff4a5-a68d-4885-b87c-ed899971ce78
  4. How many computers can you run on a Windows license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?: Hello,I have a Windows 10 PC Which is activated using Digital License but, My question is that, How many time can I activate Windows using that Digital license I am asking this because when I open CMD.exe and type "slmgr /dlv", It says that I have 1001 Rearm Count.Thanks!...
  6. How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?: Hello,I have a Windows 10 PC Which is activated using Digital License but, My question is that, How many time can I activate Windows using that Digital license I am asking this because when I open CMD.exe and type "slmgr /dlv", It says that I have 1001 Rearm Count.Thanks!...
  7. How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How many times can I use a key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How many times can I use a key?: I currently have Windows 10 on my PC. I plan on building a new one pretty soon, and I was wondering when I install Windows 10 can I use the same key? I’ve read that The same key cannot be activates on 2 different PCs. Is it possible to reactive Windows on my current PC so I...
  9. How can I reset my computer.

How can I reset my computer.: Each time I try to reset my dell computer, which has windows 10 installed from an 8.1 op, it fails. The computer is not operating well and really needs a fresh start. I have tried everything in recovery, but nothing seems to work. Would really appreciate help. Thanks...
  10. How many times can one reset windows for windows 10?

How many times can one reset windows for windows 10?: I know for other operating systems if you reformat a certain amount of times your cd key no longer is valid and you need to buy a new key, well so i hear. I am wondering with windows 10 reset your pc feature is the same as reformatting with other OP? Is there a limit on how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how many times can i use a windows key until it becomes invalid

2. how many timescan computer be reset