Windows 10: How many times can I use a key?

Discus and support How many times can I use a key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I currently have Windows 10 on my PC. I plan on building a new one pretty soon, and I was wondering when I install Windows 10 can I use the same key?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Supablue24, Apr 28, 2020.

1. How many times can I use a key?

I currently have Windows 10 on my PC. I plan on building a new one pretty soon, and I was wondering when I install Windows 10 can I use the same key? I’ve read that The same key cannot be activates on 2 different PCs.

Is it possible to reactive Windows on my current PC so I can activate the key on my new soon to be PC?

If not, what is the cheapest legal way of getting a key?

submitted by /u/Supablue24
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Supablue24, Apr 28, 2020

2. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 28, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How many times can I use a key? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 28, 2020
  4. How many times can I use a key?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

How many times can I use a key?

1. How many times can I use a key? - Similar Threads - many times key

2. How many time the activation key of a license purchased over csp can be used ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many time the activation key of a license purchased over csp can be used ?: How many time the activation key of a license purchased over csp windows server can be used ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-time-the-activation-key-of-a-license/6da6b76c-2329-42bb-ade6-9128889519b2
  3. How many time the activation key of a license purchased over csp can be used ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How many time the activation key of a license purchased over csp can be used ?: How many time the activation key of a license purchased over csp windows server can be used ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-time-the-activation-key-of-a-license/6da6b76c-2329-42bb-ade6-9128889519b2
  4. How many times can you fat finger Bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many times can you fat finger Bitlocker recovery key?: We are rolling out bitlocker to our enterprise and was asked this question: "How many times can a person mistype the recovery key?" I was not able to find a definite answer and was hoping someone from Microsoft could clear this up. Not to be confused with PIN, I am asking...
  5. How many times can you fat finger Bitlocker recovery key?

How many times can you fat finger Bitlocker recovery key?: We are rolling out bitlocker to our enterprise and was asked this question: "How many times can a person mistype the recovery key?" I was not able to find a definite answer and was hoping someone from Microsoft could clear this up. Not to be confused with PIN, I am asking...
  6. How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?: Hey everyone!I have a Win 10 Home product key which I bought a pretty long time ago and wanted to ask how many times I can use it. I am about to buy a new machine and I am not quite sure if I'll be able to install Windows with the same key. Are there any requirements which I...
  7. How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?

How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?: Hey everyone!I have a Win 10 Home product key which I bought a pretty long time ago and wanted to ask how many times I can use it. I am about to buy a new machine and I am not quite sure if I'll be able to install Windows with the same key. Are there any requirements which I...
  8. How many times can I use my Windows 10 Home product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. How many times can I use my Windows activation key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How many times can I use my Windows activation key.: Hello, I had a key with my school for Windows 10 Pro N. And I used it quite a lot for various PCs Because I'm in IT But today I couldn't because the "key is already used on another device". So I guess there's a maximum of device you can use a single key on. I suppose it's...
  10. How many times I can use the same bit-locker key?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How many times I can use the same bit-locker key?: Hello I already used once my bit-locker recovery key to recover my windows, is that possible to use the same recovery key for second time? Thank You Pouya Sepanta IT Technician...