Windows 10: How many times can you upgrade hardware and transfer your windows license?

Discus and support How many times can you upgrade hardware and transfer your windows license? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an original license key for Windows 7 Ultimate, but have upgraded my hardware a couple of times now. I was wondering if there was a limit to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkCramer2, Apr 14, 2019.

1. How many times can you upgrade hardware and transfer your windows license?

I have an original license key for Windows 7 Ultimate, but have upgraded my hardware a couple of times now.

I was wondering if there was a limit to the number of times you can transfer a license key to a new set of hardware, as I've upgraded my machine a couple of times already.

:)

MarkCramer2, Apr 14, 2019
  2. trparky Win User

Potential upgrade to AMD Ryzen

There are two types of Windows licenses...
    • Retail
    • OEM
    Retail licenses of Windows can be legally transferred between hardware because it's a retail license. Upgrade licenses if it was an upgrade from a retail license maintains the same license freedoms that the original license held, Windows 10 upgrade licenses are the only exception to that rule. OEM licenses however cannot be transferred from hardware to hardware. Upgrades from OEM licenses of course have the same restrictions that the original OEM license had.

However, right now Microsoft is still accepting old licenses of Windows as an upgrade to Windows 10. All you have to do is type in your old key and it will accept it. Why Microsoft is still allowing this I have no idea but my thoughts are is that Windows 10 adoption numbers are so damn low that they need all the help they can get. *Laugh :laugh:

trparky, Apr 14, 2019
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Apr 14, 2019
  4. How many times can you upgrade hardware and transfer your windows license?

Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

How many times can you upgrade hardware and transfer your windows license?

1. How many times can you upgrade hardware and transfer your windows license? - Similar Threads - many times upgrade

2. How many computers can you run on a Windows license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many computers can you run on a Windows license?: How many computers can I operate on a Windows 10 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-computers-can-you-run-on-a-windows/38dff4a5-a68d-4885-b87c-ed899971ce78
  3. How many computers can you run on a Windows license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How many computers can you run on a Windows license?: How many computers can I operate on a Windows 10 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-computers-can-you-run-on-a-windows/38dff4a5-a68d-4885-b87c-ed899971ce78
  4. How many computers can you run on a Windows license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?: Hello,I have a Windows 10 PC Which is activated using Digital License but, My question is that, How many time can I activate Windows using that Digital license I am asking this because when I open CMD.exe and type "slmgr /dlv", It says that I have 1001 Rearm Count.Thanks!...
  6. How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?: Hello,I have a Windows 10 PC Which is activated using Digital License but, My question is that, How many time can I activate Windows using that Digital license I am asking this because when I open CMD.exe and type "slmgr /dlv", It says that I have 1001 Rearm Count.Thanks!...
  7. How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 BOX license transfer to another pc - how many times can i do that?

Windows 10 BOX license transfer to another pc - how many times can i do that?: I have a Windows 10 Home BOX license, and i wonder how many times can i transfer it to another PC. Ive heard something about 2 or 3 times, but does license agreement specify that? Is it really limited? I was always pretty sure that i can transfer BOX license as many times as...
  9. How to transfer an upgraded Windows 10 license

How to transfer an upgraded Windows 10 license: I built my current computer back in 2012, and had bought a Windows 7 Pro Home retail license. I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 when it was offered. I'm building a new computer now, and have read that I can transfer this license at least once. I've found websites that give...
  10. how many times windows 10 pro retail can be transfered when changing hardware

how many times windows 10 pro retail can be transfered when changing hardware: Hello. I want to know how many times that windows 10 pro retail license can be transferred when changing hardware? Namely: mother board. PS: the owner still myself. Not changing ownership to someone else. After searching this forum, on some threads mentioned that only 1...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how many time i can transfer my windows license

2. how many times can i transfer windows