Windows 10: how many times windows 10 pro retail can be transfered when changing hardware

Discus and support how many times windows 10 pro retail can be transfered when changing hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I want to know how many times that windows 10 pro retail license can be transferred when changing hardware? Namely: mother board. PS: the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by OliverToha, Aug 16, 2019.

1. how many times windows 10 pro retail can be transfered when changing hardware

Hello.

I want to know how many times that windows 10 pro retail license can be transferred when changing hardware?

Namely: mother board.

PS: the owner still myself. Not changing ownership to someone else.

After searching this forum, on some threads mentioned that only 1 time, others from 1 to 5 times, and the other maximum 5 times.

Which one is true?

And do i need to deactivated and reactivated manually win10pro every time i changed my hardware?

Deactivate in order not to make conflict when entering my product key on my new mother board.

Thanks.

:)

OliverToha, Aug 16, 2019
  2. alucasa Win User

Windows 10 Hardware change

My main rig has or had a retail Win 7 pro key. It's now Win 10 pro key. As a retail key, I am well within my right to transfer it as many times as I want.

But my all other rigs run off OEM keys and, in the past at least with Win 7 & 8, I've been able to transfer them more than five times. My media rig for an example, has had about six major hardware changes since 2009. The Win 7 OEM key has always transferred via the automated phone system.

I am not sure about Win 10 now. But the media rig is due an upgrade sometime in 2016 and, if the key transfer fails, this time, I will probably switch to Fedora for the media rig.

alucasa, Aug 16, 2019
  3. _rwhite_ Win User
    Windows 8 Pro Retail => Windows 10 Pro (Free upgrade) Fails Activation after hardware change

Hi,

I bought 2 retail licenses (one for my desktop and one for my laptop) for Windows 8 several years ago and upgraded to Windows 10 (via the free upgrade). Recently I had to change some hardware (motherboard) and I get the following error code when trying to
    activate Windows: 0xC004C003.

I have tried the following, all of which have failed.

1. Troubeshoot -> I recently changed hardware on this device (I can only see my Laptop License and not my desktop)
    2. Provided the Installation ID (via phone helpdesk) on two occasions.
    First help desk technician suggested I buy a new Windows License and the second suggested I reinstall and use Windows 8. Both suggestions from help desk are ridiculous.

How do I proceed without having to:

1. Pay for a license I should technically already have
    2. Downgrade back to Windows 8 (loose time / data)

_rwhite_, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Cand3r Win User

how many times windows 10 pro retail can be transfered when changing hardware

Restoring Windows 10 Image on Original hardware with Retail licensing

I bought a 'mini-PC' with Windows 10 Pro(which I can link if necessary) and I want to be able to do 'clean reinstalls' if something gets mucked up. I pulled the licenses for Windows and Office for safe keeping and created a system image. I was going to test the Image restore but remembered the product listing it as a 'retail' license that 'would not work if it was removed and reinstalled on the computer.'

Will I be able to reimage this computer an unlimited number of times on the same set of hardware, not transferring to another box or changing hardware?

Cand3r, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

how many times windows 10 pro retail can be transfered when changing hardware

1. how many times windows 10 pro retail can be transfered when changing hardware - Similar Threads - many times pro

2. Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware: I started a hardware upgrade project recently with the intention of upgrading the motherboard and CPU. During a partial disassembly I realized I would need to buy a new case and also that I can't get the hard drive fully out of the plastic tray it was mounted in. The original...
  3. Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware: I started a hardware upgrade project recently with the intention of upgrading the motherboard and CPU. During a partial disassembly I realized I would need to buy a new case and also that I can't get the hard drive fully out of the plastic tray it was mounted in. The original...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to transfer retail license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one my my microsft accounts which I'm not using it any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  6. How to transfer retail license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one my my microsft accounts which I'm not using it any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  7. Cannot transfer retail windows 10 pro license to new hardware

Cannot transfer retail windows 10 pro license to new hardware: Hi, I upgraded the my PC hardware motherboard/cpu/ram/harddrive I installed Windows 10 Pro and now cannot active. The troubleshooter does nothing and the 'I changed hardware on this device' also fails to find my license. I am logged in with the same account as the previous...
  8. Windows 10 Retail Transfer

Windows 10 Retail Transfer: Hello, I have purchased a retail copy of Windows 10 Home which I have been using for about 2 years on the bootcamped partition of my Macbook Pro. I now have built a PC and would like to transfer the license to the new PC as I will no longer be using it on the Macbook. I...
  9. How many times can you upgrade hardware and transfer your windows license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How many times can you upgrade hardware and transfer your windows license?: I have an original license key for Windows 7 Ultimate, but have upgraded my hardware a couple of times now. I was wondering if there was a limit to the number of times you can transfer a license key to a new set of hardware, as I've upgraded my machine a couple of times...
  10. Upgraded hardware, windows 10 Pro RETAIL not activiating

Upgraded hardware, windows 10 Pro RETAIL not activiating: Hello forum, I've read through many of the posts regarding activation after hardware changes. I replaced everything except hard drives and DVD writer. Despite having a retail channel version upgrade from Windows 7 Pro, activation throws 0xC004C003., which seems to be a key...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how many times can i transfer a retaill wnidows 10 license