Windows 10: How many versions of C++ does a pc need anyway?

Discus and support How many versions of C++ does a pc need anyway? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; While looking for programs I could delete and free up some space on my drive I noticed that there a LOT of Microsoft Visual C++ versions installed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pelagicide, Mar 15, 2019.

1. How many versions of C++ does a pc need anyway?

While looking for programs I could delete and free up some space on my drive I noticed that there a LOT of Microsoft Visual C++ versions installed and since I didn't install them I assume they were needed by the OS and automatically downloaded and installed. There are 4 different C++ 2005's, 4 C++ 2008's and 4 2010 C++ separately listed versions of C++ - do I really need ALL of these and can any be safely uninstalled to free up space on my hard drive? If it's a case of Windows update installing newer versions why weren't the others deleted ?

:)

Pelagicide, Mar 15, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 15, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Stuck in Automatic Repair = inadvertently changed C: drive path?

@zbook- what I'm suggesting should resurrect the PC, provided what's left on the "C:" is at all viable - the clean install is just a step to that. Saves a lot of technical bits and time on our part.

dalchina, Mar 15, 2019
  4. natr0n Win User

How many versions of C++ does a pc need anyway?

Rumor: GTAV - PC Version

A couple of German retail websites have put up a listing regarding the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V, raising hopes that a PC version of the game is in development.

Amazon Germany and GamesOnly have both listed the unannounced PC version of the game.

Moreover, a listing of a special edition for the game was briefly put up by GamesOnly before they promptly took it down. The special edition was said to contain the following in addition to a copy of the game.

SteelBook with exclusive artwork
    World map
    Stunt-planes challenges
    Online-store concessions
    Bonus outfits
    Bonus tattoos
    Special abilities booster
    Exclusive weapons

Although the listing’s been removed, a rep from GamesOnly apparently confirmed the existence of such a edition to a member of a GTA fan site known as GTA-extreme.de.

“We can confirm that the content, as it is stated in the item description is correct” read the statement.

Grand Theft Auto V is going to release on September 17 worldwide for PS3 and Xbox 360.

PC version of GTA 5 listed by german retailers - rumour - VG247

natr0n, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

How many versions of C++ does a pc need anyway?

1. How many versions of C++ does a pc need anyway? - Similar Threads - many versions C++

2. how many times does sfc need to run to actually fix a file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how many times does sfc need to run to actually fix a file?: I have run sfc 3 times so far, it claims to have fixed a file. I reboot like it directs me to, I run it again and it claims to fix a file again. Looking at the log file it seems to be repairing the same file over and over. Is there anything I can do so it'll actually fix this...
  3. how many times does sfc need to run to actually fix a file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how many times does sfc need to run to actually fix a file?: I have run sfc 3 times so far, it claims to have fixed a file. I reboot like it directs me to, I run it again and it claims to fix a file again. Looking at the log file it seems to be repairing the same file over and over. Is there anything I can do so it'll actually fix this...
  4. how many times does sfc need to run to actually fix a file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I need to press "Ctrl + C" many times to copy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to press "Ctrl + C" many times to copy.: Hello,After updating to Windows 11, I have found when I press "Ctrl + C" one time, it copy nothing, so every time I need to press several times. May you tell me how to solve this problem?...
  6. I need to press "Ctrl + C" many times to copy.

I need to press "Ctrl + C" many times to copy.: Hello,After updating to Windows 11, I have found when I press "Ctrl + C" one time, it copy nothing, so every time I need to press several times. May you tell me how to solve this problem?...
  7. How many recovery partitions does this need

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How many recovery partitions does this need: Im low on diskstorage. Opened disk manager to find the expected recovery1 or2 but 3 recovery parts. each different size and none the standard 500mb that mircosoft claims. one is 900mb / partion2 1.34GB / and lastly a 12.47GB. which one safe to remove. can anyone indicate...
  8. There are toooooo many versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable!!! Is there any...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There are toooooo many versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable!!! Is there any...: [ATTACH] As the pic shows, I have versions from 2005 to 2017... Can I unstall those old versions? Will it cause the hiden trouble to my softwares (like crash) ?...
  9. Why do i need so many visual C++ and net framework versions?

Why do i need so many visual C++ and net framework versions?: I have 4 different visual c++ programs installed on my computer, as well as two version of net framework enabled in windows features. My question is, why do i need 6 different programs for gaming and browsing? I found that if i uninstall these programs, they come back again...
  10. DrUpdate.dll How many does it take

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DrUpdate.dll How many does it take: I've got six of these in the Windows folder, and one in Windows.old. It's the only file in Windows.old. All have different sizes, sigs, dates, etc. Can't delete it (Trusted Installer). When I did, system would not boot. Clue? My worry is that they are all different, maybe...