Windows 10: how modify Kyhi's PE disk

Discus and support how modify Kyhi's PE disk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; @Kyhi Thank you for the Emergency DVD. I'd like to add a few tools to my version. Can you please explain how to do this? Also, I'd like to place... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Nisko Win User

how modify Kyhi's PE disk

@Kyhi Thank you for the Emergency DVD.

I'd like to add a few tools to my version. Can you please explain how to do this?

Also, I'd like to place an icon for every tool on the desktop. How do I do that?

I would think that I would have to use the ISO to write on a re-writable DVD and make the changes - then create a new ISO and write it to a read-only DVD.

In any case please explain how to modify your creation.

:)

Nisko, Nov 29, 2017

2. windows 10 PE boot disk

what are the steps to creating a Windows 10 PE boot disk

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum topic.***

YvesMorency, Nov 29, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    disk full, please rescue me!

My preference would Bart PE, but it does not matter as long as the boot disk gives you access to your Files and is FREE.

There is no point in paying for this type of boot disk, as there are lost of free ones available . . .

DaveM121, Nov 29, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Nov 29, 2017
  5. Nisko Win User
    Thanks for responding. How do I extract the contents of the ISO image? Never done that before.

Oh, just read the instructions. But it's not just files I want to add - I want to add some free tools I use frequently. So, how do I install those tools after extracting the contents of the ISO? Thanks............

Nisko, Nov 29, 2017
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    ISO images are easy to extract in Windows 10 File Explorer - mount the ISO by either double clicking, or with the right click menu, select Mount from the menu - a new virtual DVD drive with the files from the ISO appears.

Then copy all these files and folders to a folder, add any standalone utilities you wish to. You may need help with this:

Nisko, why not first read the thread from which you obtained Kyhi's tool, where reasonably enough, this type of question has been asked before, and then if you still have specific questions relating to a particular utility that you wish to include on the ISO, make a post there?

Then it may be of interest to the enthusiasts of Win10PESE who also may want to do what you are attempting.

Fafhrd, Nov 29, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    OP, the above posts are wrong I am afraid. The iso uses a boot.wim file and you have to mount that using dism, then copy across files (only portable apps), save to boot.wim, and overwrite that in the sources folder on bootable usb flash created from iso.

It will take a while to find it but there are details how to do it in that long thread. See post #308.

cereberus, Nov 29, 2017
  8. Nisko Win User

Where can I find post #308?

Nisko, Nov 29, 2017
  9. Nisko Win User
    I certainly owe a response to this forum - will do!!

Nisko, Nov 29, 2017
  10. Nisko Win User
    Who is right and who is wrong?

Nisko, Nov 29, 2017
  11. Word Man Win User
    Word Man, Nov 29, 2017
  12. xips Win User
    It depends on your perspective *Wink. I added a \Utilities directory to my PE USB flash and put a ton of portable utilities which all start and run fine via explorer while running. This method won't put desktop shortcuts up for you as your original posts ask. The thread is long and takes some time to digest but will answer most of your questions.

13. Nisko Win User

Sure would be interested in the list of utilities you put on your PE flash drive. Also, how large is that flash drive? Thanks.....

Nisko, Nov 29, 2017
  14. xips Win User
    My USB drive is 16GB and holds a ton of various utilities:

15. Fafhrd Win User
    When I first wrote post #4, I wrote this:

I got distracted and later reread this and felt it sounded abrupt and a bit rude so I rearranged it, and without rereading the whole thread posted it.
    Yes and, it's wrong with regard to adding tools to the boot.wim that the WINPESE depends on. Apologies for that.

The part about rereading Kyhi's thread, and asking questions there is correct.
    Here:

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

you will find a download called Modify WINPESE, and you will likely have to ask in that thread how to use it to achieve your aims.

Fafhrd, Nov 30, 2017
Thema:

1. how modify Kyhi's PE disk - Similar Threads - modify Kyhi's disk

2. WINDOWS PE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS PE: tengo instalado Windows PE, realice un upgrade la pasada semana y el sistema operativo no carga y no puedo usar el pc deseo salir de ese windows y volver a la normalidad, baje el windows 10 via internet no tengo disco para reparar la instalación. ¿Alguna solución?...
  3. [guide] Modifying disk UniqueId +BootLoader to point at it

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    [guide] Modifying disk UniqueId +BootLoader to point at it: Hello, im now happily re-writing my post since while intending to ask how to do it after breaking my head on it, while writing this thread it forced me to check all things and it made me realize what and how to do it, so this is now a guide. First is the guide how to repair...
  4. Is Kyhi's rescue disk the same as Win-PE SE?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Kyhi's rescue disk the same as Win-PE SE?: As the title says. Sorry for the noob question here but I am at the bottom of the learning curve here. If they are different, what is the use case for each? 169788
  5. Minecraft PE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft PE: A month or two ago, I bought the Minecraft Pocket Edition from the Android Playstore. I can join my friend's world but he can't and since we don't play on Realms, that's the way we can explore each other's world. Upon checking my Minecraft account on their official website, I...
  6. How to make a Windows PE Rescue Disk

in Windows 10 News
    How to make a Windows PE Rescue Disk: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A Windows PE based Rescue Disk extends Windows OS recovery functionality, adding free and open-source tools you can use to recover, restore, and analyze your ailing Windows 10 installation. In this post, we will show you how to make a [...] This post How to...
  7. Recovering partitions using Kyhi's Rescue Disk Power Data Recovery too

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering partitions using Kyhi's Rescue Disk Power Data Recovery too: Two days ago my laptop would not boot up and I got an 0xC000 0098 error code. Using bootrec /buildBCD did not work, and bootrec reported that it found 0 windows partitions on the laptop, even though I multiboot that system between a "production" install and a "scratch-test"...
  8. MRI PE

in Windows 10 Customization
    MRI PE: My new laptop was recently repaired at a big box store as I had dropped it shortly after purchase and it failed the drop test. After I boot up I receive this message and unsure what it means. My laptop is a HP Envy and running Windows 10 Home / 64 bit. Thank you. Would...
  9. How to run DISM in Windows PE?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to run DISM in Windows PE?: Last Thursday Windows 10 downloaded an update, after the update it closed down to restart. It failed to restart and will not boot up. Going online I managed to get to the recovery screen which had several options including system restore. System Restore does nothing but tell...
  10. Win PE Boot disk query - Bios/Efi and Bitness

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win PE Boot disk query - Bios/Efi and Bitness: I want to create Win PE boot disks for restoring Macrium Reflect images, but have never used Win PE ADK I have an X64 EFI system, and need to recover ANY of the variations (using other peoples' systems)x64 EFI x64 BIOS x86 BIOS AND, maybe, x86 EFISee my post Foolproof...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kyhis boot disk

2. Kyhis recovery drive

3. kyhis recovery tools

4. kyhi recovery tools