Windows 10: How much a video/audio filter can affect the file’s quality?

Discus and support How much a video/audio filter can affect the file’s quality? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don’t even know what filters are exactly tbh. But It seems like LAV filters are popular. I switched from PMC HC to BE and found out it’s not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Omish, May 25, 2019.

1. Omish Win User

How much a video/audio filter can affect the file’s quality?

I don’t even know what filters are exactly tbh. But It seems like LAV filters are popular. I switched from PMC HC to BE and found out it’s not automatically integrated with LAV filters and should be added manually.
    Now my question is:
    Is it really that much different with various filters?! Or you can barely distinguish the difference and there’s no need for separate download and installation

:)

Omish, May 25, 2019

2. Audio And Videos files are not playing, not even youtube or any **** videos.

Hi Tista,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your audio and video files can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, driver issues, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • What's the make and model of your computer?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps that you've taken besides running the audio troubleshooter? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, May 25, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows Movie Maker Sound Quality

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Do you face this issue particularly with this video or all the video?
    Playback issues for movies are often related to codecs installed on your machine. Codecs are likely the cause of most sound input issues since MM
    may use different codecs for playback when the audio files are in your collections as supposed to when the audio file is now part of your soundtrack.

In Windows Movie Maker, try going to “Tools > Options > Compatibility” and unchecking all the filters ending in .ax. It is possible these .ax filters are causing low audio quality in the movie preview and saving. This solution is common if you
    have installed a bunch of new codecs and filters. Also, if audio quality was fine before and now is low, it may be due to installation of new filters.

And also try creating another video and save it from Windows movie maker and check if the issue persist.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, May 25, 2019
  4. How much a video/audio filter can affect the file’s quality?

My PC Will Not Play Any Video or Audio Files

Hi Adam,

The issues with accessing audio and video might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your computer.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you tried to access videos on different browser (Internet Explorer) and check?
    • Were you able to access any other audio from your computer?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to update the audio drivers and check if it helps.

• Open Start, enter
      Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Under Sound, video, and game controllers,
      select your sound card, open it, select the Driver
      tab, and select Update Driver.

Method 4: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing audio and video on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 25, 2019
Thema:

How much a video/audio filter can affect the file’s quality?

1. How much a video/audio filter can affect the file’s quality? - Similar Threads - much video audio

2. Unable to play video and audio files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to play video and audio files: For the past few days I have been unable to play any video or audio files on my windows 10 PC. When I attempt to open an audio or video file, the application hangs, or does not load at all, I can still open images and documents fine though. Also when in file explorer, and...
  3. bad quality audio in videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    bad quality audio in videos: I use a mic built in the headphones. The issue appeared when I recorded a video on Minecraft, at first I didn’t hear anything. I fixed it but faced another problem. I was able to hear the audio for my microphone clearly, but the game audio is choppy. Moreover I can hear my...
  4. Audio problem, and video and audio files problem

Audio problem, and video and audio files problem: Hi, I need help. The issue I'm encountering now is that my laptop doesn't produce sounds when playing videos or musics, and have problems playing video and audio files using Groove music and Windows Media Player. I have no problem playing videos and musics using VLC, but then...
  5. bad video quality

bad video quality: Some days ago.. I had a problem of blue screen error showing error code video memory management internal. I had posted & a gentle man( DaveM121)had advised me to roll back driver & I did so.. but though after that my problem was solved but now my you tube videos quality is...
  6. audio won't play from audio or video files

audio won't play from audio or video files: This was working. I could play any video or audio file using VLC, Windows Media Player, whatever. Audio plays from the web on Chrome or Firefox then the files stopped playing audio. MP3 files or any video file-MP4 AVI MOV, etc. I updated my video card from a GTX 560 to a GTX...
  7. Videos are zoomed in wayyyy to much

in Windows 10 Customization
    Videos are zoomed in wayyyy to much: I have a Toshiba Satellite, with Win 10 64bit. Suddenly all my videos zoomed in wayyyyyyyy too much, and when i fixed the online videos, now even the ones i have on my Laptop, so i saw a thread about if i use VLC i shouldn`t encounter this issue. So i did and it worked....
  8. bluetooth audio lost quality

bluetooth audio lost quality: I have been ripping my hair out and cursing at windows 10 for the past 2 days. recently i was using my bose qc 35 headphone as normal on my pc though bluetooth and noticed that there is a slight loss in quality and generally lower volume i could now contol my pc volume with...
  9. how to provide best audio quality when share screen(play music/video)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to provide best audio quality when share screen(play music/video): I share my laptop's screen with a friend using skype. When I play a video, the sound my friend hear is horrible because my laptop's mic picks up the sound from my laptop's speaker and send it to my friend. Is there a better way to do this? 102876
  10. How DVD filters can hang your PC

How DVD filters can hang your PC: Hello! As I describe in this eightforums thread, in summer 2012 I upgraded my old Pentium 4 PC with an Asus P8H61 motherboard (socket 1155, chipset H61), a Core-i3 CPU and 8GB RAM. In my old system I had two IDE DVD-RW drives that I wanted to use but there was no IDE port...