Windows 10: How Much CPU Cores I Have

Discus and support How Much CPU Cores I Have in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! Today I was browsing on youtube on how to optimize my pc for gaming and I stumbled on something called "how to use all of your cores" so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Moran Zhang, Apr 8, 2021.

1. How Much CPU Cores I Have

[COLOR=rgba135, 138, 140, 1][COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]
    Hello! Today I was browsing on youtube on how to optimize my pc for gaming and I stumbled on something called "how to use all of your cores" so I followed along. I went to the device manager and went to see how many cores I had. I saw that I had 4 cores So I followed along once again, I went into the search bar and typed MSConfig, and I clicked the boot tab and advanced options. I then checked "number of cores" or something like that and then I went to the dropdown menu to only see 1 core!!! task manager also thinks I only have 1 core Please help! Thanks. How Much CPU Cores I Have b071e930-abb8-41e4-9f2a-571af8529b21?upload=true.png
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

:)

Moran Zhang, Apr 8, 2021

2. Why is start menu not working on single core CPU and sometimes work on dual core?

• When did you first encounter the issue?
      • It has been like that forever for single core CPU. The dual core seems to have the problem now that the Windows Anniversary update.
    • Have you made changes on both devices prior to the incident?
      • No.
    • May we know the make and model of the affected devices?
      • It is a custom built from microcenter that has all the specs need to run windows 100.
    • Which Windows version and build the devices are running? Type winver in the search bar and press Enter to find out.
      • version 1703 OS built 15063.250
    • Did you encounter any error messages on both devices while trying to launch Cortana?
      • No error message. It does not start at all. Only option for single core was to use classic start menu.

Confused_buf, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 8, 2021
  4. How Much CPU Cores I Have

Is it possible for my Windows 10 to recognize GPU as CPU cores?

I am trying to run many processes on different cores. The application I am running uses on CPU and no GPU.

Is it possible to convert the graphics card to act like virtual CPU cores?

I just need the CPU cores. I have TITAN Xp which is almost 3000 to 4000 core.

Kindly, suggest me how my system can detect the GPU as CPU.

Jaffer Wilson, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

How Much CPU Cores I Have

1. How Much CPU Cores I Have - Similar Threads - Much CPU Cores

2. Cpu core problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cpu core problem: I have a ryzen5 12 core processor and was told to go into boot and enable all 12 I restarted and now my pc is really really slow and I tried to change it back but now it says I only have 1 core and I don't know what to do...
  3. Cpu core problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu core problem: I have a ryzen5 12 core processor and was told to go into boot and enable all 12 I restarted and now my pc is really really slow and I tried to change it back but now it says I only have 1 core and I don't know what to do...
  4. Cpu core problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CPU cores missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU cores missing: Hi my name is Daniel and i seem to have a problem with my laptop.You see, i have a laptop with a Quad Core CPU. But when i checked the numbers of processors i have on the system configuration it only showed a maximum of 2.if anyone has a reason of how and why this is...
  6. CPU cores missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU cores missing: Hi my name is Daniel and i seem to have a problem with my laptop.You see, i have a laptop with a Quad Core CPU. But when i checked the numbers of processors i have on the system configuration it only showed a maximum of 2.if anyone has a reason of how and why this is...
  7. What are CPU cores? How many CPU cores do I need?

in Windows 10 News
    What are CPU cores? How many CPU cores do I need?: CPU (Central Processing Unit) is the most important part of a computer. All the calculations needed to run a particular task or application on a computer are processed by the CPU. That’s why it is also called the brain of the computer. Basically, a CPU is of the following two...
  8. I have 4 cpu cores but it seems to show 1 core,I also can't enable the cores in boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have 4 cpu cores but it seems to show 1 core,I also can't enable the cores in boot.: I can't activate my processors although it shows me I have 4 cpu cores in my device manager,but only shows 1 in task manager,i tried enabling it at boot but it only shows that i only have 1 cpu core[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. CPU Core Updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPU Core Updating: Does Anyone Know how to update CPU Cores? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-core-updating/633dbf59-c831-460a-845e-e0114c4e448f
  10. CPU Logical cores

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Logical cores: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i3-7100U @ 2.4Ghz, but when I first checked at Task Manager, the number of Logical Processors were 4. But somehow I changed the number to 2, and I want to change it back to 4 but I can't remember where I changed it in. Can...