Windows 10: How much disc space needed Windows 10?

Discus and support How much disc space needed Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; C drive is 500gig SSD. I have not configured the restore point. Suggestions? Thank You [img] [img] 48263 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Georgz, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Georgz Win User

How much disc space needed Windows 10?

C drive is 500gig SSD. I have not configured the restore point. Suggestions? Thank You

How much disc space needed Windows 10? [​IMG]

:)

Georgz, Apr 23, 2016
  2. Locke0208 Win User

N8 doesn't update to Symbian Belle via Nokia Suite

how much disk space does it need? but apart from the disc space, nokia suite has to indicate that there's an update. but this time it doesn't

Locke0208, Apr 23, 2016
  3. LE3
    LE3 Win User
    How much disk space is REALLY needed for the updgrade?

I clearly have 10G of free space. After waiting for the entire install download, I eventually get a message during the install process saying to use disk cleanup to free up space and it provides an error code.

It seems like MS is hiding the truth about the actually amount of G space needed. I cannot find it anywhere! Too basic of an issue to have ZERO info. C'mon, MS, come clean. I already deleted loads of software that I will need to reinstall!

4. dalchina New Member

Hi, roughly 20Gb normally for Windows. Allow 20Gb for Windows.old.
    After that
    - if you install programs on C: then however much your programs require
    - + their working space in Documents, Videos etc and other folders
    - If you store your personal data on C: in Documents, Videos... (which is NOT recommended), then however much that requires.

These last 3 can potentially be >> Windows.

And you need to allow empty working space- say another 20Gb

Windows 10 also creates 2 other partitions - Recovery (450Mb) and EFI (100Mb)

Example: I add minimally to folders in C: - my programs and personal data are elsewhere.
    Win 10 is quite happy with 75Gb on my 256Gb SSD and System Restore is on.

Minimal compressed installations are possible.

dalchina, Apr 23, 2016
  5. Georgz Win User
    dalchina thanks for the information. I do not save any documents or files of any kind on the C drive. I need to look at installed programs to check I am not running unnecessary programs. I use Windows Defender and it uses a lot of space.

Georgz, Apr 23, 2016
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    Pretty much what the other poster said, so I'm not sure why yours is showing 133GB if you only have the OS installed on the C: drive.

Go to Settings > System > Storage > This PC (C: ) and it will give you a breakdown of Storage Usage, which may give you a better idea on how the 133GB is broken down.

You can also click each section individually, for example below is just the System & Reserved section on its own.

ARC1020, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How much disc space needed Windows 10? - Similar Threads - much disc space

2. How much storage space is needed to download ISO?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much storage space is needed to download ISO?: I was under the impression that at least 8GB was needed for installing windows 10 onto a bootable flash drive to repair my alienware desktop that’s stuck in a boot loop that is unable to load the windows OS. I’ve tried everything From my running all previous diagnostics, even...
  3. How much storage space is needed to download ISO?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How much storage space is needed to download ISO?: I was under the impression that at least 8GB was needed for installing windows 10 onto a bootable flash drive to repair my alienware desktop that’s stuck in a boot loop that is unable to load the windows OS. I’ve tried everything From my running all previous diagnostics, even...
  4. How much storage space is needed to download ISO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How much space is needed to install the Windows 10 21H2 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How much space is needed to install the Windows 10 21H2 update?: I’m trying to update my Acer laptop to this version of Windows 10, but it says it needs extra space to install. The problem is that it won’t tell me how much space it needs. It means that I basically have no idea how much stuff I’ll need to delete from my already low storage...
  6. How to make disc space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make disc space: How to make disc space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-disc-space/a0ccca37-89b3-4990-9349-97f9f2fe49c2
  7. How to make disc space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make disc space: How to make disc space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-disc-space/a0ccca37-89b3-4990-9349-97f9f2fe49c2
  8. Windows 10 repair disc - How much space does it consume?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 repair disc - How much space does it consume?: Hello, I only found answers online for windows system image space requirements & not windows repair disk. Now, how much space does windows 10 repair disc consume? (do not be confused by system image backup) Why is this feature only available on disc? - seriously...
  9. How much space does Windows 10 take

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How much space does Windows 10 take: If you have a desktop & laptop and you want to know what is the exact size of windows 10 I mean How much space does windows 10 take. Before we are going to tell the size of windows 10 I will explain everything about windows 10. So let’s start Reading What is Windows 10?...
  10. Windows 10 takes too much disc space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 takes too much disc space: I have installed Windows 10 64 bit just two days ago. When it was first installed it took only around 20 GB of disc space and then I have updated the windows. After updated now the windows is taking almost 50 GB of disc space. (99 GB disc space in c drive, now it has 32 GB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how much disc space needed for windows 10