Windows 10: How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7?

Discus and support How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How much to install Microsoft 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jeff Feldbaum, May 29, 2023.

1. How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7?

How much to install Microsoft 10?

:)

Jeff Feldbaum, May 29, 2023

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 29, 2023
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7? [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, May 29, 2023
  4. topgundcp Win User

How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7?

How do I install windows 10 without harming my windows 7?

Here's what I suggest you to do:
    1. From Windows 7, download & Install Macrium Reflect Free. Connect one of your new 500GB HD and clone your current Windows 7 to it. Follow step 1,2,3 from the screen shot:

How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7? 29012d1485953838t-how-do-i-install-windows-10-without-harming-my-windows-7-a-.png

1. Disconnect your current Windows 7 then boot up with the new cloned copy of Windows 7
    2. Upgrade it to Windows 10 so it will be fully activated.
    3. If you decide to keep Windows 10 then do a fresh install of Windows 10. If not, disconnect the 500GB HD containing Windows 10 then re-connect your Windows 7
    4. You are back to where it was before.

topgundcp, May 29, 2023
Thema:

How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7?

1. How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7? - Similar Threads - much does Microsoft

2. How much does Windows 11 cost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much does Windows 11 cost?: How much does Windows 11 cost, and will I know if it is compatible with my computer before I pay for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-does-windows-11-cost/88470a4c-57a4-42da-989f-506cf6776fe3
  3. How much does Windows 11 cost?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How much does Windows 11 cost?: How much does Windows 11 cost, and will I know if it is compatible with my computer before I pay for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-does-windows-11-cost/88470a4c-57a4-42da-989f-506cf6776fe3
  4. How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7?: How much to install Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-does-microsoft-10-cost-to-install-if-you/1c7b116e-8592-457d-b550-b35caf705c1b
  5. How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How much does Microsoft 10 cost to install if you have 7?: How much to install Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-does-microsoft-10-cost-to-install-if-you/1c7b116e-8592-457d-b550-b35caf705c1b
  6. How much does it cost to upgrade to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much does it cost to upgrade to Windows 11?: Does it cost to update to Microsoft 11?[Original Title: Microsoft 11] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-does-it-cost-to-upgrade-to-windows-11/10a62c57-6e5f-402b-95ec-0aa27a31cdd1
  7. How much does Windows 10 actually cost?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How much does Windows 10 actually cost?: I'm a Linux user who needs to migrate to Windows for several reasons. I'm confused because the official Microsoft website offers a certain (quite expensive) price to obtain Windows 10, while other non-official websites offer access keys for much, much less. Do these actually...
  8. how much is the cost to update this.???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how much is the cost to update this.???: what is the cost to update windows10... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-is-the-cost-to-update-this/1d1bbd9c-9023-4876-b3dc-f449cb474e4a
  9. How much does Windows 10 cost?

in Windows 10 News
    How much does Windows 10 cost?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Are you planning to buy Windows 10? We have prepared this guide to help you figure out how much does Windows 10 cost? What is Windows 10 Pro Upgrade price? And if you are looking to buy for business for [...] This post How much does Windows 10 cost? is from...
  10. How Much Windows 10 Will Cost?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Much Windows 10 Will Cost?: Yes this is the others title that I took to remove my ambiguous, Hope I want to know abjectly how much price do I need for windows 10? 3471