Windows 10: How much helpful is Windows Update Assistant ?

Discus and support How much helpful is Windows Update Assistant ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Till what extent Windows Update Assistant can help upgrading to latest OS ? Can be the errors during download and installation bypassed using WU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShivamK, Jun 14, 2019.

1. ShivamK Win User

How much helpful is Windows Update Assistant ?

1. Till what extent Windows Update Assistant can help upgrading to latest OS ?
    2. Can be the errors during download and installation bypassed using WU assistant ?
    3. if yes, then what level of critical errors it can help in bypassing ?
    4. Is it an Advanced tool for upgrading to Latest OS ?
    5. if no, is WU Assistant just a Nominal tool to update PCs for those who don't want to go through Windows Update or a tedious process of upgradation using ISO file/Media creation tool, etc ?

:)

ShivamK, Jun 14, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 14, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 14, 2019
  4. How much helpful is Windows Update Assistant ?

Windows 10 Update Assistant restarts after downloading 82%

Hi,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system files. In order for us to assist you better, please answer the following questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are there any error messages?

In the mean time, we suggest you to performing the steps provided in this article:

Fix Windows update issues
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

How much helpful is Windows Update Assistant ?

1. How much helpful is Windows Update Assistant ? - Similar Threads - much helpful Update

2. Windows 11 Help assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Help assistant: whenever when the windows 11 help assistant is at stage 3 it gives me "something went wrong select try again, and if that doesn't work, contact microsoft support for help error code 0x004f015....
  3. Windows 11 Help assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Help assistant: whenever when the windows 11 help assistant is at stage 3 it gives me "something went wrong select try again, and if that doesn't work, contact microsoft support for help error code 0x004f015....
  4. Windows 11 Help assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to use update assistant?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use update assistant?: . submitted by /u/WatchingCrab94282 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kb3xh6/how_to_use_update_assistant/
  6. So much for the Virtual Assistant

So much for the Virtual Assistant: I have an HP Pavilion 23 that upgraded to Windows 10; however, it is interlaced with HP everything. I am having issues updating and am aware of the resolve pages that MS provides. My question is this- would it be better to purchase a USB home direct from Microsoft and install...
  7. how much is the cost to update this.???

how much is the cost to update this.???: what is the cost to update windows10... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-is-the-cost-to-update-this/1d1bbd9c-9023-4876-b3dc-f449cb474e4a
  8. windows update assistant

windows update assistant: 1)Is it safe to use windows update assistant to update my computer to the latest version? 2)Should I use this to update my computer to windows 1809 version from 1803 version even though I have not received the update automatically? 3)Will it affect my computer's working?...
  9. How to download Windows 10 Update Assistant?

How to download Windows 10 Update Assistant?: This is an update on https://tinyurl.com/y86636cz 1. Lenovo confirm that the laptop went out of protection in June 2018. It was preloaded with Redstone 2 Creators Update which was released in April 2017. Redstone 3, Fall Creators Update, was released in October 2017 after...
  10. Reinstall-not much helpful

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstall-not much helpful: Been having trouble since day one. Reinstalled win10 today (wiping harddrive and reinstall). Works ok as long as I don't touch the start-menu. If I do that the screen blacks out every few seconds constantly and the cursor freezes. HP Pavilion Notebook Win 10 Home I'm...