Windows 10: How much % is required of space for restore points?

Discus and support How much % is required of space for restore points? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; as the title says, how many gbs are needed. my OS is running on a 256gb nvme so space left aint much, so how much space should i reserve? like 5% right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thorwoofie, Jun 3, 2020.

1. How much % is required of space for restore points?

as the title says, how many gbs are needed. my OS is running on a 256gb nvme so space left aint much, so how much space should i reserve? like 5% right now tells its 11,89% of space.

submitted by /u/Thorwoofie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thorwoofie, Jun 3, 2020
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CHow much % is required of space for restore points? :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CHow much % is required of space for restore points? :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Why only one restore point showing for recovery?

We appreciate the prompt response. At the moment, the created restore points are being managed by the system and doesn't provide an option to relocate to another location. However, you an set the amount of space that system will use for the restore point.
    To do this, follow the steps below:

• Search for Create a restore point from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.
    • On the System Protection tab, select
      Configure
    • Under Disk Space Usage, move the slider depending on your preferred memory allotment for the restore points
    • Click OK.
    Let us know should you have other concerns.

Darwin Dim, Jun 3, 2020
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

How much % is required of space for restore points?

Restore Points removed

That should be enough space. See once how many restore points you have. The command is

vssadmin list shadows

That will list restore points in all partitions. Make sure you count only the ones for the partition in question.

Thema:

How much % is required of space for restore points?

1. How much % is required of space for restore points? - Similar Threads - much required space

2. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  3. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  4. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to restore system if there is no restore point?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore system if there is no restore point?: I had to use ProctorU for my college to take a test, and when I got in my headphones wouldn't let them hear me and they kept acting like there was nothing to fix it and they were being impatient. I did not know what the problem was because I am not tech savvy. Anyways, the...
  6. How to restore system if there is no restore point?

How to restore system if there is no restore point?: I had to use ProctorU for my college to take a test, and when I got in my headphones wouldn't let them hear me and they kept acting like there was nothing to fix it and they were being impatient. I did not know what the problem was because I am not tech savvy. Anyways, the...
  7. RESTORE POINTS TAKING BIG AMOUNT OF SPACE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESTORE POINTS TAKING BIG AMOUNT OF SPACE: The list of restore points is not being shown when I type VSSAdmin /list shadowscommand in command prompt as well as powershell.I want to know this because I think that these restore points are taking a hell lot of space on my pc....One more question that are these system...
  8. RESTORE POINTS TAKING BIG AMOUNT OF SPACE

RESTORE POINTS TAKING BIG AMOUNT OF SPACE: The list of restore points is not being shown when I type VSSAdmin /list shadowscommand in command prompt as well as powershell.I want to know this because I think that these restore points are taking a hell lot of space on my pc....One more question that are these system...
  9. RESTORE POINTS TAKING BIG AMOUNT OF SPACE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Impact of Restore Points on disk space

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Impact of Restore Points on disk space: I fitted a 'Crucial' MX500 250GB SSD and installed Windows 10 64-bit, v1903 on it. It is now build 18362.295. I also installed the recommended 'Crucial Storage Executive' (CSE) software. Everything works fine but I noticed that the amount of 'Used' space varies without me...