Windows 10: How much longer until we can schedule update downloads?

Discus and support How much longer until we can schedule update downloads? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It's been asked again and again, and every time the discussion gets locked with no proper response. So many of us are still on slow connections,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dolph452, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Dolph452 Win User

How much longer until we can schedule update downloads?

It's been asked again and again, and every time the discussion gets locked with no proper response.

So many of us are still on slow connections, capped data, or have other data limitations, yet we still have no option to schedule a time for update downloads to take place when it is suitable for us, without incurring excess data charges or reducing our networks to a trickle.

Recent updates have seen the ability to stop updates entirely for up to 7 days, and there has always been the ability to schedule when updates install, but the most important option seems to be getting overlooked! Is there a valid reason, because I can't think of one?

:)

Dolph452, Jun 15, 2019

2. How to schedule Windows Update Downloads.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

As per your query, I understand that you wish to set your Windows Update settings to such that you can download the updates as per your convenience.

In such a case, I would like to inform you that, it is not possible for you to schedule the download of updates. However, you can schedule the updates to install at a time which is of your convenience. To do so follow the steps below:

• Open the Start menu and type Windows update in the search bar.

• Click on Windows update.

• Click on Advanced options under Windows updates.

• Select the Notifies to scheduled restart form drop down menu under the Choose how update are installed.
    Note: You will be prompted to scheduled restart when to install the updates after the updates are downloaded.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 15, 2019
  4. How much longer until we can schedule update downloads?

Schedule windows store Downloads

Hi Sajad,

As per your query you would like to schedule a download of the game during time specified above.

You can not schedule a game download from Windows store during the time specified above.

As a work around you have to manually put the game on download during the night time you specified and stop the downloading within the time.

Also, please provide us a feedback with the above suggestion for better assistance.

Follow the below steps.

1.Type Feedback in search bar.

2. Select/double click the Feedback app from the listed option in search.

3. Follow online instruction.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

How much longer until we can schedule update downloads?

1. How much longer until we can schedule update downloads? - Similar Threads - much longer until

2. Scheduling time for update downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scheduling time for update downloads: I am on a metered satellite connection and wish to have all giant windows updates 1GByte size, etc. take place between 2AM and 8AM when my service offers me ten times more monthly download capacity than between 8AM and 2AM. I seem to remember that there was a download...
  3. How to schedule Windows Update download times

How to schedule Windows Update download times: Hi guys, Due to where I live I have a broadband satellite internet connection which still have a peak and off-peak download quota. My issue is MS Windows Update downloads keep blowing out my peak download quota as the peak time is 7am to 2am. I would like to know if I can...
  4. How to schedule windows update download time?

How to schedule windows update download time?: Windows updates are chewing my data, i want to schedule them to download at night during off-peak period Windows 7 could do this why did it get removed in Windows 10?...
  5. Can I schedule the time Windows downloads updates?

Can I schedule the time Windows downloads updates?: The title pretty much says it all. I want Windows to download updates between 2 and 8 am. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/can-i-schedule-the-time-windows-downloads-updates/62f0a5e2-5378-410f-8e87-cec6c5bef7db
  6. How much longer will Edge suck?

in Browsers and Email
    How much longer will Edge suck?: No previous history with the Back button. No Accelerators available. Very little functionality with PDF's...there are a lot of things wrong with this browser and I can't find any comment from Microsoft saying they're even aware of it. I'm beginning to think the lack of...
  7. Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates?: I'm trying to understand exactly how this works in 1709. Here is the Setting Quote: "LIMIT HOW MUCH BANDWIDTH IS USED FOR DOWNLOADING UPDATES IN THE BACKGROUND" The reason is, when I first did a clean install I wanted to make the downloads go as fast as possible, so I set...
  8. Schedule Update Downloads

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Schedule Update Downloads: Update Downloads are killing my streaming TV performance. I can't use the metered network option as it will slow my TV streaming. How can I control when Update Downloads take place? 39302
  9. How much longer for the free upgraded?

in Windows 10 Support
    How much longer for the free upgraded?: How much longer is the free update available? I would be upgrading from Windows 7 Pro BTW. -Thanks! 42925
  10. How much computer do we need?

in Windows 10 Support
    How much computer do we need?: My housemate wants to replace her XP computer with a Win 10 model. Her old Dell was always a slowpoke, so she wants a better machine, but inexpensive. She does e-mail, Web surfing, non-action games such as Freecell, and modest spreadsheets. What sort of specs should...