Windows 10: How much longer will Edge suck?

Discus and support How much longer will Edge suck? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; No previous history with the Back button. No Accelerators available. Very little functionality with PDF's...there are a lot of things wrong with this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by petrosil, Aug 24, 2015.

1. petrosil Win User

How much longer will Edge suck?

No previous history with the Back button. No Accelerators available. Very little functionality with PDF's...there are a lot of things wrong with this browser and I can't find any comment from Microsoft saying they're even aware of it. I'm beginning to think the lack of features is part of their "Spartan" concept.

It has the capability to be a great browser but how could they release it in such a crippled fashion. Unbelievably, they have pushed me into using Chrome and I'm finding I like it more and more.

I know a lot has been said about it being new, but it is not new--this is the 12th browser they've released, they should have the basics down by now.

Just very frustrated with it right now.

:)

petrosil, Aug 24, 2015
  2. lauicku Win User

how much longer

@guro99

Sure, and I´m getting so tired of mine N93, that I use my spare phone N70 (With new software)..

Still hope they open for software update on N93 soon??

lauicku, Aug 24, 2015
  3. tao980 Win User
    how much longer

Please add the N80 to the updater.

tao980, Aug 24, 2015
  4. Victek Win User

Well, it is reminiscent of where Chrome was when first released. Chrome 1.0 was primitive IMHO, but it has evolved into a very good browser. I think MS released Edge, front and center, because it's the future and Internet Explorer has to go. Note that they started from scratch with Edge so a lot of the Internet Explorer development didn't apply.

I also find Edge insufficient to use as a primary browser, but hopefully it will improve quickly. Extension support will make a big difference. Just give it some time.

Victek, Aug 24, 2015
  5. rfruth Win User
    I like Edge but it won't sync with my other devices .

rfruth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How much longer will Edge suck? - Similar Threads - much longer Edge

2. Microsoft Edge no longer working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge no longer working: [ATTACH] After installing the 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 (KB4517211), Microsoft Edge no longer works. It is missing its icon and name, and upon opening the app it just crashes immediately....
  3. This update sucks!

in Windows 10 Customization
    This update sucks!: I can't change the colors to what I want them to be. The search button now opens a window filling up about a quarter of my screen. And I literally just turned this thing on. I'm wondering what other awful changes I'll run into this morning. On top of all that, it took nearly...
  4. Edge no longer supports HTML5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge no longer supports HTML5: I have been putting my updates off for a little bit until I had time to waste on them. Yesterday July 18th I finally had the feature update: Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-07B be applied. Since then Microsoft Edge has stopped supporting HTML5. It doesn't matter what site I...
  5. How much longer until we can schedule update downloads?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How much longer until we can schedule update downloads?: It's been asked again and again, and every time the discussion gets locked with no proper response. So many of us are still on slow connections, capped data, or have other data limitations, yet we still have no option to schedule a time for update downloads to take place...
  6. Windows 10 sucks about as much **** as Satya Nadella

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 sucks about as much **** as Satya Nadella: YOU WILL FEEL THE NEED TO TELL ME TO MIND MY LANGUAGE WELL I TELL YOU TO MIND YOUR **** SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT... Fair enough? This **** sucks... I unplugged my internet cable restarted the PC and well windows is being a **** turd again, it prompts me to enter my password......
  7. System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data: Hello. I was just wondering if there are ways to reduce how my PC system's using data. I'm on a tight data plan so help is very much appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-data-usage-sucks-too-much-data/4ae12313-6c5b-4361-8294-c1e4c8ae37b9
  8. why Windows sucks so much? 2000 to 2018 still i guess... (audio complications)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why Windows sucks so much? 2000 to 2018 still i guess... (audio complications): guys i just want you to tell me how in the world you guys can use windows??? apps programs that involves audio working. everything.... specially that windows 10 i swear .... since day 1 I've been trying to get my hand around this thing...... to like... ok i don't even know...
  9. Memory How Much?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory How Much?: What is the common amount needed with today's systems? What is the point where your wasting money? I'm talking about Windows10 64 bit. See a lot of systems here are 16 Gig, but a few are 32 Gig. 39183
  10. How much longer for the free upgraded?

in Windows 10 Support
    How much longer for the free upgraded?: How much longer is the free update available? I would be upgrading from Windows 7 Pro BTW. -Thanks! 42925