Windows 10: How much Standby Memory is considered to be abnormal?

Discus and support How much Standby Memory is considered to be abnormal? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short, my laptop has been stuttering in-game ever since I updated it to the KB4535996 update. I have rerolled to older version, repasted the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tonyshark116, Mar 16, 2020.

1. How much Standby Memory is considered to be abnormal?

Long story short, my laptop has been stuttering in-game ever since I updated it to the KB4535996 update. I have rerolled to older version, repasted the CPU and the GPU and updated all drivers, yet nothing prevails. But then I found out that an usually large standby cache can cause stuttering in games too.

My laptop only has 8GB, but standby cache can sometimes take up to ~2GB. So is that abnormal? I need to know whether to clean the cache or not.

submitted by /u/tonyshark116
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tonyshark116, Mar 16, 2020
  2. EdKiefer Win User

Releasing Standby memory

This is the first I have heard of any issues with Standby list memory causing issues outside of games.
    I know there were a lot of reports around 1809 of games having issues where the standby list didn't release memory and games would stutter. There are a few programs that can clear up this issue. I have used both and they do work but I only used it for games, never noticed any issues in windows applications.
    ISLC (Intelligent standby list cleaner) by Wagnarsoft and Processlasso by Bitsum can clear the standby list automatically.

EdKiefer, Mar 16, 2020
  3. paulco Win User
    Releasing Standby memory

RamMap is working for me, when you click empty standby list you then close it, and it does its thing.

paulco, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Wagnard Win User

How much Standby Memory is considered to be abnormal?

SuperFetch & Standby Memory Not Working Properly?

Yeah, with 1809 it is better, but in my case, I still have issues playing Battlefield 1 & 4 when the standby list is full.
    That is why I made this little app.
    I'm open to feedback and suggestions if you or anyone try it.*Wink

Wagnard, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

How much Standby Memory is considered to be abnormal?

1. How much Standby Memory is considered to be abnormal? - Similar Threads - much Standby Memory

2. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  3. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  4. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to disable memory caching and the standby memory in Win 10

How to disable memory caching and the standby memory in Win 10: Hi, I have been noticing that my laptop stutters and plain does the hour-glass thing on many occasions. I have been too busy to investigate until now. What I found is that practically all my memory appears to be permanently utilized and when I try to trace what process is...
  6. Releasing Standby memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Releasing Standby memory: Windows 10 Pro, 32GB memory, 970 GTX GPU. Ordinary boring, but previously very capable desktop. I'm running a couple Adobe tools. Needless to say, they are total pigs. And it appears they've gotten WORSE in the current version. When the Adobe products are up and running,...
  7. Memory Standby High

Memory Standby High: For some reason, my standby memory is really high, and when I empty it using RamMap it comes back like a 100 megabytes a second. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-standby-high/3a6a7a74-f99f-435d-a9da-59d139caf7ff
  8. standby memory not releasing

standby memory not releasing: Windows 10 ver 1903 standby memory not releasing, have to use Rammap all the time. All drivers are up to date, no malware or virus, any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standby-memory-not-releasing/e5341242-acc1-4a88-927d-bf7842fd3a54
  9. Standby memory and gaming dilemma

in Windows 10 Support
    Standby memory and gaming dilemma: After experiencing frequent crashing with The Sims 2, I applied the standby memory fix, setting the Task Scheduler to clear standby memory every 5 minutes. It solved my crashing, but it seems to come with the price of making the general Windows system hang and lag constantly...
  10. Memory How Much?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory How Much?: What is the common amount needed with today's systems? What is the point where your wasting money? I'm talking about Windows10 64 bit. See a lot of systems here are 16 Gig, but a few are 32 Gig. 39183