Windows 10: How Much to Store in the Cloud?

Discus and support How Much to Store in the Cloud? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [Windows 10 Pro, v.20H2, build 19042.746] As computing moves increasingly to the cloud, I'm finding myself storing more and more personal data in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bulldog, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Bulldog Win User

How Much to Store in the Cloud?

[Windows 10 Pro, v.20H2, build 19042.746]

As computing moves increasingly to the cloud, I'm finding myself storing more and more personal data in OneDrive (and Google Drive.) While this is really convenient - and just what Microsoft and Google want - it does make me nervous for two reasons:

First - I have no backup for cloud storage. Granted, Microsoft and Google surely have industrial strength backup capability, but I have no backup that I can easily restore on my own.

Second - A well-executed hack can separate me from my data, perhaps permanently. At home I have several ways to defend myself against attack and, if everything fails, I've got my backups.

So here's my question: How much data does it make sense to store in the cloud, and how can that be (efficiently) backed up, or does it need to be backed up? Thanks for your advice.

:)

Bulldog, Feb 12, 2021

2. store

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community!

I would suggest you to clear the cache memory of the Windows Store app.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window

• Type wsreset.exe and hit enter.

Now try to open Windows store and see if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Asphalt 8 Airborne cloud data not sync in Windows 10 PC App

Hi Thimira,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What do you mean by “it was not synced with cloud data. Every time it does not connected”?

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you reset the Windows Sockets and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:
    netsh winsock reset

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you reset the Windows firewall and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:
    netsh firewall reset

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 3:

I suggest you to disable proxy and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck mark the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
    Hope this information is helpful. Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 12, 2021
  4. How Much to Store in the Cloud?

windows store

Hi Botlhe,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you run the Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

If the issue persist, I suggest you to reset Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key+ R.
    • Type wsreset.exe and hit
      Enter

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

How Much to Store in the Cloud?

1. How Much to Store in the Cloud? - Similar Threads - Much Store Cloud

2. My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?: My tax document with important info is stored in Cloud automatically. How protected is Cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tax-document-is-stored-in-cloud-automatically/055269e5-b0e4-409e-8b28-723f30d04072
  3. My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?: My tax document with important info is stored in Cloud automatically. How protected is Cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tax-document-is-stored-in-cloud-automatically/055269e5-b0e4-409e-8b28-723f30d04072
  4. My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Transfer Files Cloud to cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Transfer Files Cloud to cloud: IDK how to transfer files from Baidu NetDisk to OneDrive for business, I try to use multcloud, but 5 GB limited, I try mover, but it doesn't support baidu netdisk, is there's some way to transfer baidu net disk to onedrive for business ? I need unlimited, bc i need transfer...
  6. How to Transfer Files Cloud to cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Transfer Files Cloud to cloud: IDK how to transfer files from Baidu NetDisk to OneDrive for business, I try to use multcloud, but 5 GB limited, I try mover, but it doesn't support baidu netdisk, is there's some way to transfer baidu net disk to onedrive for business ? I need unlimited, bc i need transfer...
  7. How to Transfer Files Cloud to cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Where and how does Microsoft stores credentials for login into the cloud

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where and how does Microsoft stores credentials for login into the cloud: If users are login to two separate tenants with different login credentials.Where all of this information stored or cached? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-and-how-does-microsoft-stores-credentials/e9f980e2-deb9-40a7-a877-a413c7a8d668
  9. How do I store photos on my COMPUTER, not a cloud.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I store photos on my COMPUTER, not a cloud.: My new computer is telling me I don't have enought storage in my cloud and I have to purchase a plan. NOT HAPPENING. Help! I may be returning the computer if this is so......
  10. How much would it coast for a computer repair store it fix this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How much would it coast for a computer repair store it fix this: Ok so my computer is running off of a broken windows 10 and I am done trying to fix it, I am just going to a computer repair to fix it. So I need to reinstall windows Stop the blue screens (I think it's because of windows) Remove any viruses now I am curious if microsoft...