Windows 10: How much virtual memory should i set?

Discus and support How much virtual memory should i set? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have installed ram 4 gb on my lenovo yoga laptop i want to increase it to 6gbfor a game,but dont know how much should the virtual memory be set?pls... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NakoolKhakharia, May 16, 2021.

1. How much virtual memory should i set?

I have installed ram 4 gb on my lenovo yoga laptop i want to increase it to 6gbfor a game,but dont know how much should the virtual memory be set?pls answer.

:)

NakoolKhakharia, May 16, 2021
  2. Carsomyr Win User

Low Memory Warning - Virtual Memory Settings?

The only reason I mentioned this is SLI is currently a disaster on windows 10, crazy huge memory leaks, and using a single card setup there are still some minor memory issues as well.

Carsomyr, May 16, 2021
  3. BuzWeaver Win User
    Low Memory Warning - Virtual Memory Settings?

Ironically during rendering I got a Driver Error and upon checking, I didn't have the Win10 Nvidia Drivers installed. A bit of an oversight. Do you have any suggestions on the optimal settings in Virtual Memory or should I set it back to default?

BuzWeaver, May 16, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

How much virtual memory should i set?

Re locate Virtual Memory

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps: for
    Re-locate the location of Virtual Memory.

• Press Windows +X, select System
    • Click on Advanced system settings,
    • On the Advanced tab, under
      Performance, click Settings.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then, under
      Virtual memory, click Change.
    • Clear the automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
    • Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
    • Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the
      Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click
      Set, and then click OK.

Additional information applies to 10 as well.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 16, 2021
Thema:

How much virtual memory should i set?

1. How much virtual memory should i set? - Similar Threads - much virtual memory

2. How much virtual memory should I get for 16GB of RAM in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much virtual memory should I get for 16GB of RAM in Windows 11?: Hello,How much virtual memory should I get for 16GB of RAM in Windows 11?My system:Windows 11SSD WD 850 Black - 1tb G.Skill Neo - 16Gb RAMProcessor AMD 3700X - 8 cores :16 threadsHDD Seagate 3tb Video card- Nitro+ AMD RADEON RX6700XT...
  3. How much virtual memory should I get for 16GB of RAM in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How much virtual memory should I get for 16GB of RAM in Windows 11?: Hello,How much virtual memory should I get for 16GB of RAM in Windows 11?My system:Windows 11SSD WD 850 Black - 1tb G.Skill Neo - 16Gb RAMProcessor AMD 3700X - 8 cores :16 threadsHDD Seagate 3tb Video card- Nitro+ AMD RADEON RX6700XT...
  4. setting virtual memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting virtual memory: i am using a 8gb laptop and i have found a lot of issues with out of memory and low virtual memory errors. upon searching in google, it said this:To calculate the "general rule" recommended size of virtual memory in Windows 10 per the 8 GB your system has, here's the equation...
  5. setting virtual memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting virtual memory: i am using a 8gb laptop and i have found a lot of issues with out of memory and low virtual memory errors. upon searching in google, it said this:To calculate the "general rule" recommended size of virtual memory in Windows 10 per the 8 GB your system has, here's the equation...
  6. Out of Memory - Programs using Virtual Memory but not that much on RAM...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Out of Memory - Programs using Virtual Memory but not that much on RAM...: Recently (less than two weeks ago - suspiciously after the update to Windows 2004), my 16gb Windows 10 machine is throwing "Out of Memory" errors, specially in games - even if they are something like a 2D platformer: after a while I get the events 2004 and 26 (both regarding...
  7. Should I modify my Virtual Memory?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Should I modify my Virtual Memory?: Like the title says, should I do some changes to my virtual memory? The numbers seem rather low and I was wondering what should be the correct values. I have 8GB of RAM and I don't know what numbers to add to improve my performance in games. I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit,...
  8. Should I modify my Virtual Memory?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I modify my Virtual Memory?: Like the title says, should I do some changes to my virtual memory? The numbers seem rather low and I was wondering what should be the correct values. I have 8GB of RAM and I don't know what numbers to add to improve my performance in games. I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit,...
  9. Virtual memory 2000 too much or no?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual memory 2000 too much or no?: Im new to this , i want to play MW warzone but it crashes so i saw in a tutorial how to fix it by putting virtual memory on 2000 on both , i have an ssd and 16GB of RAM. Am i doing something wrong? is it safe?. submitted by /u/pepinopocho [link] [comments]...
  10. How much RAM should I have to smoothly run a virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How much RAM should I have to smoothly run a virtual machine?: I want to maybe run a virtual machine with Linux or a different WIndows version. I currently have 4 GB ram & i5-4200 cpu. Since I can't change CPU, do you think adding more RAM will make the VM run more smoothly? Or with these specs a VM won't run quite as fast....