Windows 10: How Not To 'Combine' Open Windows On The Taskbar?

Discus and support How Not To 'Combine' Open Windows On The Taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Doubtless a simple solution but not simple to me! Brand new Lenovo all-in-one pc with Windows 10 and my default browser is Firefox. Regardless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kev Lewis, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Kev Lewis Win User

How Not To 'Combine' Open Windows On The Taskbar?

Hi,

Doubtless a simple solution but not simple to me! Brand new Lenovo all-in-one pc with Windows 10 and my default browser is Firefox. Regardless of how many Firefox windows I open, they are all 'combined' on just one Taskbar icon. I want to see each open window on the Taskbar. Can anyone please advise?

Grateful thanks in advance.

Kev L

:)

Kev Lewis, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Thanks for answering.

What you suggested is not the problem I asked for a solution.

For more understandable I've attached a figures below.

I'd like to have it in the right figure(showing the window of program not just a title)

Im sorry for my bad English, thanks in advance How Not To 'Combine' Open Windows On The Taskbar? :) How Not To 'Combine' Open Windows On The Taskbar? :)

How Not To 'Combine' Open Windows On The Taskbar? 85c775b5-dc76-4dce-bb54-4b49ef906a51.png

Dark Illusionist, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Hero1318 Win User

Taskbar buttons combining

Win 10 Pro, v1903.

Related issues have been discussed before but I didn't find a solution to my specific issue:

Combine taskbar buttons is set to never on the Personalization screen.

• Each time I open a new app, a new button appears on the taskbar - Fine!
    • Each time I open a new folder, a new button appears on the taskbar - Fine!
    • Each time I open a new file (with any app) in that open folder, a new button appears on the taskbar - Fine!
    • BUT, if I open a sub-folder in an open folder, the sub-folder button
      REPLACES the button for the parent folder on taskbar- BAD!

How do I make a new button appear for each sub-folder opened without
    replacing the parent's button?

Thanks for the help...

Hero1318, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

1. How Not To 'Combine' Open Windows On The Taskbar? - Similar Threads - 'Combine' Open Taskbar

2. Combine taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Combine taskbar not working: I'm experiencing a problem with the taskbar combine buttons, it doesn't work with all my programs, even Microsoft Edge, as you can see in the images below: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Can you please provide me with an explanation please, I also having the same issue on my other...
  3. Key command to organize the order of combined taskbar windows?

Key command to organize the order of combined taskbar windows?: I am having trouble finding an answer for this unique question. I was wondering if there was a unique key command needed to manipulate the order of combined taskbar windows on the taskbar?...
  4. How do I combine Firefox into one icon on the Taskbar?

How do I combine Firefox into one icon on the Taskbar?: All icons are combined on the Taskbar --- except Firefox => there are two icons when it is running. How do I combine them into one icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-combine-firefox-into-one-icon-on-the/7f892fbc-5694-4f32-a63f-9650ab600fe3
  5. Taskbar buttons combining

Taskbar buttons combining: Win 10 Pro, v1903. Related issues have been discussed before but I didn't find a solution to my specific issue: Combine taskbar buttons is set to never on the Personalization screen. Each time I open a new app, a new button appears on the taskbar - Fine! Each time I...
  6. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined: After win 10 update, sticky notes now uses a separate taskbar tab for each note. Before update, all notes were in one tab. ***Title Modified Original: sticky notes***...
  7. Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working

Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working: I'm using 2 monitors, I have 2 task bars, I have it set so programs on the left monitor have a task bar with only those icons. The same for the right monitor.... I have it set to NOT group icons but win groups them anyway. settings are done correctly, registry shows '2'...
  8. How To Widen Open Program Windows in Taskbar

How To Widen Open Program Windows in Taskbar: Hey. Hope I can explain this correctly. I recently performed a clean installation of Windows 10. Previously when I used to open programs on my taskbar (say Firefox) the icon would stretch and the window would be open. Now when I click on the icon, the programs open but the...
  9. How to combine only specific process (software) on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to combine only specific process (software) on taskbar?: Hello, so the title explains it all i hope, is there anyway nad if yes how to combine only specific process (software) on taskbar - windows 10, i need all combined except windows explorer (explorer.exe)? Thank you! 36912
  10. Taskbar to show how many windows opened

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar to show how many windows opened: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Is it possible for the Windows 10 taskbar to give me some sort of indication as to how many windows I have opened for a particular application? For example, in Windows 7, if I have multiple browser windows (not tabs)...