Windows 10: How not to sync taskbar position ?

Discus and support How not to sync taskbar position ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Good morning all, I use my same Microsoft account on my Laptop and SurfaceGo and am also using the sync feature. On the laptop I prefer the taskbar... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by GeneralLee01, Aug 3, 2019.

1. How not to sync taskbar position ?

Good morning all,

I use my same Microsoft account on my Laptop and SurfaceGo and am also using the sync feature.

On the laptop I prefer the taskbar at the bottom (am using a mouse on this device) but on the SurfaceGo I prefer to have it on the right side (I hold the touch pen in my right hand). But they sync feature messes this up.

Is there a way around this without disabling tons of other sync features ?

Thanks

:)

GeneralLee01, Aug 3, 2019

2. How to prevent windows 10 from syncing taskbar position?

What I find even more frustrating is:

• Taskbar position syncing is super fast (almost instant), yet IE settings (bookmarks sorting, favorites bar items, etc.) is slow or doesn't sync at all.
    • Common Start Menu apps between machines aren't sync'd. I spent a great deal of time organizing the Start Menu on my Surface Pro 4 and ****-U-MEd those settings would be synced to my laptop. MS may need to rethink the philosophy behind removing it in Win10,
      because it is a tedious time investment to organize the start menu and not have it "at least" sync common apps.

willosophy, Aug 3, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Taskbar on top layer (not position) in full screen mode

Hello,

Looks like you are having issue with your taskbar.

We recommend that you unpin all items from your taskbar and see if the issue persists.

Refer to the steps below to unpin apss from the taskbar:

How not to sync taskbar position ? 2568d4cb-eebf-4eaf-9f7d-494e6fd40266.png

• Right-click on the icon you want to unpin.
    • Select Unpin from taskbar.
    • Repeat process until all apps are removed.

If the suggestion above doesn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Aug 3, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

How not to sync taskbar position ?

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 3, 2019
Thema:

How not to sync taskbar position ?

1. How not to sync taskbar position ? - Similar Threads - sync taskbar position

2. Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away?: Reading this TechRadar article, I was startled to see this: As for the features which are no longer under active development, these include the roaming of Taskbar settings (where it’s positioned, whether it auto-hides, and so forth), and Microsoft advises that this...
  3. Taskbar position resetting

Taskbar position resetting: So, I recently got a new PC and I've just set everything up. Now, I always like to have my taskbar along the top of my screen, and that was of course one of the first things I did. But whenever I get automatically logged out after being away for too long, the taskbar resets...
  4. Foto position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Foto position: used on Lumia 950, the photos don't contain the position anymore, even though the camera is enabled to excess position data and it is also activated in the camera settings. It used to work until ?? and I want it to work again! Each update seems to have more bugs than the...
  5. How to Sync Yahoo

How to Sync Yahoo: Ever since Microsoft Technician did a reset on my Dell Laptop I can no longer sync my Yahoo Mail account. I have spent hours, days,weeks and they say they do not know why it does not sync. I am not happy, this is not the reason I called them but now have more issues. This is...
  6. How can I get ride of in this position?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I get ride of in this position?: Due to some problem, I went to give windows set up on my PC. at first I went to safe mode to (restart+F7) then advance option then go to boot option and shown the pendrive. before the trying the advance option was there, but later when i was show the pendrive and save, there...
  7. How to change toast notifications position?

How to change toast notifications position?: For some reason after the last Windows update the toast notification is popping up right in the middle of my screen as I am working. I didn't mind it popping up on the bottom right and disappearing but now for some reason it is popping up dead center of my screen. I have to...
  8. How to lock/freeze window size/position?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to lock/freeze window size/position?: Hi, Does anyone know of any software or way that allows me to lock/freeze any application/window on my screen i.e. disable any change in position and size / make it completely immune to the cursor or clicking? I'm running an application called LiveSplit, which is a...
  9. Icon Positions

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon Positions: I know this has been asked before, but I've never found a suitable answer, so forgive me for asking again. I'm so frustrated though by this problem. I've got a lot of icons on my Windows 10 Pro desktop, all carefully positioned. Every time I play certain games, or connect...
  10. Wrong Position of Windows Taskbar For Both Display(Sometimes)

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Position of Windows Taskbar For Both Display(Sometimes): Good day, everyone. I had been use Win10 for few months and here is something confusing me. My windows taskbars have a weird position but they are not happening every-time. I had searched the web for solution but no results. (Seem like only I met this problem.*sarc) Here...