Windows 10: How often are W10 ISO's updated?

Discus and support How often are W10 ISO's updated? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; One of my pc's has turned it's toes up with the latest update. This also happened at the beginning of October and I downloaded an ISO from Microsoft on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tinmar49, Oct 24, 2016.

1. tinmar49 Win User

How often are W10 ISO's updated?

One of my pc's has turned it's toes up with the latest update. This also happened at the beginning of October and I downloaded an ISO from Microsoft on the third of the month and performed an install from within Windows keeping files, etc.
    Today, I downloaded another ISO which has, upon checking, proved to be identical (2876276736 bytes, W10 hp 32 bit).
    I had hoped for an updated version, but it looks like I will have to disable the updates until the next one is available and keep my fingers crossed. Keeping the files may be a problem as Windows is not working at all.

:)

tinmar49, Oct 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 and PC reset.

How did you burn W10 iso to USB? I mean, what were the steps you did? How much space is needed on the USB or DVD?

Mel Cavicchi, Oct 24, 2016
  3. Is there a possibility to upgrade from Windows 7 professional 64 bit to Windows 10 32 bit version?

Thanks Andre,

in case using a 32 bit w10.ISO will I be able to activate it? i.e. if it is not a totally automated upgrade how does the old w7 eligibility connected to the new w10?

JuditMolnar, Oct 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

This question has been asked periodically. E.g.
    Solved Windows 10 ISO, How Often Upgraded? - Windows 10 Forums

The basic pattern seems to be a new iso for each major build. Installing that then means applying the current cumulative update.

We strongly advise the routine use of disk imaging. E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) so you can relatively easily and quickly restore a PC to a previously working state.

After a failed update there is no defined procedure, nor, the administrator here has told me, will there be a tutorial to help in such circumstances.

You do have some slight hope of using a bootable Win 10 medium to let you access your disk from a command prompt, and - possibly
    - boot to Safe Mode
    - uninstall the update using an offline uninstall command
    - use system restore
    - go back to the previous build (if it was an upgrade that failed)

Maybe.

dalchina, Oct 24, 2016
  5. tinmar49 Win User
    The files which need to be kept are still on the hdd, I have decided to replace the pc with another which always runs updates with no problems and put W7 back on it as I still have the disc and product key.

tinmar49, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How often are W10 ISO's updated? - Similar Threads - often are W10

2. How often should Registry.Pol be updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How often should Registry.Pol be updating?: Can someone please explain why and how often Registry.Pol should be updating? From other forums I've seen, that file should have current modified dates every day. In my environment, every Registry.Pol file is at least 6 months old and in the file, it starts with "PReg" which...
  3. How often should Registry.Pol be updating?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How often should Registry.Pol be updating?: Can someone please explain why and how often Registry.Pol should be updating? From other forums I've seen, that file should have current modified dates every day. In my environment, every Registry.Pol file is at least 6 months old and in the file, it starts with "PReg" which...
  4. How often should Registry.Pol be updating?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How often Sync Servers are updated

in Windows 10 Customization
    How often Sync Servers are updated: Hi, I have a question... Anyone knows how often do Microsoft refresh the Sync Servers? Like, when I have 5 computers running windows 10 last built on my Microsoft Account with all the Sync options active and if I change the wallpaper on one of them, how long will it take...
  6. How often do new Windows insider ISO builds come out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How often do new Windows insider ISO builds come out?: I want the 20161 build ISO and I'm wondering if they're released on a schedule or at random. submitted by /u/OneTailor7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hs0edg/how_often_do_new_windows_insider_iso_builds_come/
  7. How often does W10 update by default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How often does W10 update by default?: Hi am on a new W10 pc. I am wondering how often does W10 update by default? Or rather install updates? Does it tell me when it needs to install and reboot by itself? I have had the pc for about 24 hours and it havent asked anything update related yet. Prebuilt so some...
  8. How to run W10 ISO with built in activation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to run W10 ISO with built in activation key: Hi I received a Windows 10 ISO file from our IT Dept at my work and was told that it has a built in key (volume licensing version). His exact words were "you can put this on a USB stick and use this to install (the key is built in)" So I made a bootable W10 USB installer on...
  9. create iso for w10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    create iso for w10: Hi, upgraded W7 (clean install) to W10. on root C: have a folder C:\ESD\Windows that contains files and folders of DVD content (probably iso content, created during a setup) and related to reset if needed. See pic... The question: I want to create the iso containing...
  10. Windows 10 ISO, How Often Upgraded?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ISO, How Often Upgraded?: The thread title says it all. When was the last time that the downloadable Windows 10 ISO upgraded? 47683