Windows 10: How often do you suggest reinstalling windows to prevent "software rot"? And point me to a...

Discus and support How often do you suggest reinstalling windows to prevent "software rot"? And point me to a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been reading online that you do this to prevent slower performances and crashes due to code cluttering over the years..So, I am thinking maybe I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Saik2436, Apr 26, 2020.

1. How often do you suggest reinstalling windows to prevent "software rot"? And point me to a...

I have been reading online that you do this to prevent slower performances and crashes due to code cluttering over the years..So, I am thinking maybe I could do this to my 4yr old laptop..

submitted by /u/Saik2436
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Saik2436, Apr 26, 2020

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 26, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

How often do you suggest reinstalling windows to prevent "software rot"? And point me to a...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How often do you suggest reinstalling windows to prevent "software rot"? And point me to a... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

How often do you suggest reinstalling windows to prevent "software rot"? And point me to a...

1. How often do you suggest reinstalling windows to prevent "software rot"? And point me to a... - Similar Threads - often suggest reinstalling

2. how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?: I keep trying to turn off predictive text and suggestions on what i should type, but nothing seems to work. I have tried going into settings and turning off predictive text for the software and hardware keyboard, but neither have solved the problem. I also tried downloading...
  3. how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?: I keep trying to turn off predictive text and suggestions on what i should type, but nothing seems to work. I have tried going into settings and turning off predictive text for the software and hardware keyboard, but neither have solved the problem. I also tried downloading...
  4. how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is it just me but how in the hell do you navigate to the windows 10 software download page...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it just me but how in the hell do you navigate to the windows 10 software download page...: Damn this is confusing submitted by /u/painterman99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mb9xyj/is_it_just_me_but_how_in_the_hell_do_you_navigate/
  6. How do you reinstall bluetooth on the windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you reinstall bluetooth on the windows 10: I was using the bluetooth as normal and then all of a sudden my laptop no longer has bluetooth. I went to the device manager and showed the hidden items but there was no bluetooth there so now apparently I need to reinstall the bluetooth driver and I have no idea how to do...
  7. How often do you ****?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How often do you ****?: Just curious does every ****ow oftem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-often-do-you/7341a8da-9d89-4a3d-b5ae-ddc1760decc5
  8. How do you get higher points on backgammon,

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do you get higher points on backgammon,: How do you get higher points on backgammon, im winning games but sometimes only get 33 points, the top of the leader board has over 200 how do you get there...
  9. How do you reinstall Cortana in windows 10 ?

in Cortana
    How do you reinstall Cortana in windows 10 ?: I somehow deleted Cortana. How do I reinstall her in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-reinstall-cortana-in-windows-10/f8b1acca-43e6-49b9-b259-82e9b7361877
  10. If you uninstall a driver that is hidden. How do you then reinstall it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If you uninstall a driver that is hidden. How do you then reinstall it.: My laptop is a dell g3 i5. my gtx 1050 ti became undetected for some reason. I then uninstalled it in hopes to reinstall it and for it to work. Now I can't reinstall it. Help submitted by /u/theal2345 [link] [comments]...