Windows 10: how often does the mail app check for new messages?

Discus and support how often does the mail app check for new messages? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; and can you make it more frequent, if you want? 7484 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by shmu26, Jun 27, 2015.

1. shmu26 Win User

how often does the mail app check for new messages?

and can you make it more frequent, if you want?

:)

shmu26, Jun 27, 2015

2. Lumia 800: FW 12070, New battery diagnostics & drawing conclusions of full charge

@PiyushKr

Not clear whether this a brand new device or new to you as it can take several cycles of charge/discharge before a new battery delivers it's best. Have you checked how often Email client is polling server for mail and social network app. such as Whatsapp
    can be permanently connected?

aspergerguy, Jun 27, 2015
  3. krizanand Win User
    Doesn't exit GPRS connectivity in Nokia 5233

Its ok you have made it to 'alwaya ask', check whether you email client is made to check for mails often, software update app can also connect to internet if its made to check for updates automatically, your share online app does the same thing too, make
    all the connections to manual.

krizanand, Jun 27, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

1.) Click / tap the gear (settings) icon at bottom left, select Accounts, select the account you want to edit, select Change mailbox sync settings:

how often does the mail app check for new messages? [​IMG]

2.) Select your preferred interval for mail check, As items arrive will mean the new messages will arrive at your inbox as soon as your web server has received them:

5. shmu26 Win User
    right.
    but it is greyed out for gmail accounts. hmm.

shmu26, Jun 28, 2015
  6. batlhilz Win User
    its greyed out while the syncing is going on. check after a few minutes?

batlhilz, Jun 28, 2015
  7. Kari Win User
    Exactly.

I have no issues to set the sync options for Gmail.

8. shmu26 Win User

right you are.
    now, to get it to show desktop notifications.
    I configured it so in mail options, but it doesnt work

shmu26, Jun 28, 2015
  9. batlhilz Win User
    well, thats where you have to wait for the new mail to come, when you dont have the application open

batlhilz, Jun 28, 2015
  10. swlabr Win User
    Any idea why "As items arrive" isn't available? Mine shows "based on usage," manually, and a few time options.

swlabr, Jan 8, 2016
  11. "As Items Arrive" is only available if you're using Exchange, EAS or I believe IMAP. I noticed on mine, it doesn't show for my linked MSN account (which seems really odd now that I think about it), but does on my personal .coms that use EAS.

bbeelzebub, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how often does the mail app check for new messages? - Similar Threads - often does mail

2. How can I make the windows 11 Mail app check for new mail in the background, even while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make the windows 11 Mail app check for new mail in the background, even while...: Is it possible to have the Mail app check for new emails in the background, without it actually being open i.e. the icon doesn't appear in the taskbar? It is annoying to have to always open the app to check my email and not be able to see notifications for incoming mail...
  3. How can I make the windows 11 Mail app check for new mail in the background, even while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make the windows 11 Mail app check for new mail in the background, even while...: Is it possible to have the Mail app check for new emails in the background, without it actually being open i.e. the icon doesn't appear in the taskbar? It is annoying to have to always open the app to check my email and not be able to see notifications for incoming mail...
  4. Mail never checks for new messages

Mail never checks for new messages: So I've had this problem for months. No matter what frequency I set Mail & Calendar to sync to, it never checks for new messages on its own. No background syncing, no notifications, ever. It only ever syncs when I manually open the app. I reset the app, I manually...
  5. Mail App not auto-populating "To" field in new message

Mail App not auto-populating "To" field in new message: Purchased new PC so new to Windows 10. Want to use Mail App and was able to set up a POP3 account, the email address was recognized and mail is coming through. I determined that I needed to use the People App to create contacts which obviously uses Outlook (which I never used...
  6. how often does windows automatically check for updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how often does windows automatically check for updates?: hi can anyone tell how often windows automatically checks for updates(last check was yesterday at about 21:30 gmt I'm nervous of clicking check for updates as i read its recommended you don't...
  7. I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates: Hi, How often does Windows Update normally check for updates? Due to the 1809 problems I rolled back yesterday to 1803. As soon as 1803 was put back on my PC the latest Windows Defender update was also updated a couple of minutes later. Also a few other Windows Apps were...
  8. I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates

in Windows 10 Support
    I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates: Hi, How often does Windows Update normally check for updates? Due to the 1809 problems I rolled back yesterday to 1803. As soon as 1803 was put back on my PC the latest Windows Defender update was also updated a couple of minutes later. Also a few other Windows Apps were...
  9. How to display pictures in Mail app messages

How to display pictures in Mail app messages: All of the pictures for my Mail app messages are icons. There used to be a way to requests the pictures of these icons to be downloaded. I can't find this option any more. How do I get then downloaded for the message that I'm displaying?...
  10. Mail app does not sync messages automatically

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app does not sync messages automatically: I've upgraded my HP Envy Ultrabook with preinstalled Windows 8 to Windows 10 about a month ago. All works enough smoothly - except the intrinsic Windows Mail & Calendar apps. They don't sync their contents automatically, even with my main Microsoft account linked to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how often does the mail app check for new messages?