Windows 10: How often does W10 update by default?

Discus and support How often does W10 update by default? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi am on a new W10 pc. I am wondering how often does W10 update by default? Or rather install updates? Does it tell me when it needs to install and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bananaphonela8pv, Mar 28, 2020.

1. How often does W10 update by default?

Hi am on a new W10 pc. I am wondering how often does W10 update by default? Or rather install updates? Does it tell me when it needs to install and reboot by itself? I have had the pc for about 24 hours and it havent asked anything update related yet. Prebuilt so some settings may be from the manufacturer.

submitted by /u/Bananaphonela8pv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bananaphonela8pv, Mar 28, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How often does W10 update by default? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Default Photo issue

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for your update.

We suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Go to control panel.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Click on Microsoft Picture Viewer and set it to default.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.

Keep us posted if you have any issue with Windows, we are happy to assist you.

Deepak..Raghav, Mar 28, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

How often does W10 update by default?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How often does W10 update by default? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

How often does W10 update by default?

1. How often does W10 update by default? - Similar Threads - often does W10

2. How often should Registry.Pol be updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How often should Registry.Pol be updating?: Can someone please explain why and how often Registry.Pol should be updating? From other forums I've seen, that file should have current modified dates every day. In my environment, every Registry.Pol file is at least 6 months old and in the file, it starts with "PReg" which...
  3. How often should Registry.Pol be updating?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How often should Registry.Pol be updating?: Can someone please explain why and how often Registry.Pol should be updating? From other forums I've seen, that file should have current modified dates every day. In my environment, every Registry.Pol file is at least 6 months old and in the file, it starts with "PReg" which...
  4. My Windows Update does not Update as Often

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Windows Update does not Update as Often: Although my security center says everything is fine green check marks, my Windows Update does not update as often as it used to. Up until a month ago, it had updates available daily. Now, when I request updates, it's only 1x per week. Where did the updates go??? I still have...
  5. How often Sync Servers are updated

in Windows 10 Customization
    How often Sync Servers are updated: Hi, I have a question... Anyone knows how often do Microsoft refresh the Sync Servers? Like, when I have 5 computers running windows 10 last built on my Microsoft Account with all the Sync options active and if I change the wallpaper on one of them, how long will it take...
  6. how often does windows 10 crash?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how often does windows 10 crash?: I recently bought a new computer and it crashed about 4 or 5 times in the past month. I've used windows 7 since it came out until I bought this computer so I'm not used to my computer crashing ever. It could be bad hardware or bad graphics card driver. Is it normal for...
  7. how often does windows automatically check for updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how often does windows automatically check for updates?: hi can anyone tell how often windows automatically checks for updates(last check was yesterday at about 21:30 gmt I'm nervous of clicking check for updates as i read its recommended you don't...
  8. I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates: Hi, How often does Windows Update normally check for updates? Due to the 1809 problems I rolled back yesterday to 1803. As soon as 1803 was put back on my PC the latest Windows Defender update was also updated a couple of minutes later. Also a few other Windows Apps were...
  9. I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates

in Windows 10 Support
    I rolled back to 1803. How often does Windows Update check for updates: Hi, How often does Windows Update normally check for updates? Due to the 1809 problems I rolled back yesterday to 1803. As soon as 1803 was put back on my PC the latest Windows Defender update was also updated a couple of minutes later. Also a few other Windows Apps were...
  10. How often are W10 ISO's updated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How often are W10 ISO's updated?: One of my pc's has turned it's toes up with the latest update. This also happened at the beginning of October and I downloaded an ISO from Microsoft on the third of the month and performed an install from within Windows keeping files, etc. Today, I downloaded another ISO...