Windows 10: How often should I hard reset a device?

Discus and support How often should I hard reset a device? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After a while of using devices, they slow down, I know that.I rarely do a full reset on any device, only if I begin noticing bigger problems like the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SandyPlayz86, Jan 28, 2023.

1. How often should I hard reset a device?

After a while of using devices, they slow down, I know that.I rarely do a full reset on any device, only if I begin noticing bigger problems like the performance being a lot slower than it should be.How often should I do a full reset as a safe practice?This this question also applies for xbox, phones and tablets

:)

SandyPlayz86, Jan 28, 2023
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 28, 2023
  3. xBruce88x Win User
    Contest! Win Hard Reset!

Bump

No one wants Hard Reset? I'm open to other suggestions for contest ideas.

maybe i got this in the wrong section... could a mod move it to the FS/FT/WTB/Giveaway section?

xBruce88x, Jan 28, 2023
  4. Travelor Win User

How often should I hard reset a device?

My WP7 wont hard reset!

Hello,

At first guess I would say that there is a hardware level issue with your phone. If a hard reset using the "button combo" method doesn't work, then my suggestion is to contact the carrier and/or manufacturer to see about getting warranty support for the
    device -

Here is how you do a Hard Reset (Note: this will format the phone and reset it to factory)

• 1) Turn off the phone.
    • 2) Turn on the phone, holding the Power + Volume DOWN + Camera buttons
    • 3) Hit home button (Start) twice to begin.
    In Peace and Agape,

Trav...

Travelor, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

How often should I hard reset a device?

1. How often should I hard reset a device? - Similar Threads - often should hard

2. How often should Registry.Pol be updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How often should Registry.Pol be updating?: Can someone please explain why and how often Registry.Pol should be updating? From other forums I've seen, that file should have current modified dates every day. In my environment, every Registry.Pol file is at least 6 months old and in the file, it starts with "PReg" which...
  3. How often should Registry.Pol be updating?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How often should Registry.Pol be updating?: Can someone please explain why and how often Registry.Pol should be updating? From other forums I've seen, that file should have current modified dates every day. In my environment, every Registry.Pol file is at least 6 months old and in the file, it starts with "PReg" which...
  4. How often should Registry.Pol be updating?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How often should I hard reset a device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How often should I hard reset a device?: After a while of using devices, they slow down, I know that.I rarely do a full reset on any device, only if I begin noticing bigger problems like the performance being a lot slower than it should be.How often should I do a full reset as a safe practice?This this question also...
  6. I am unable to reset the hard drive on my computer How should I proceed

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am unable to reset the hard drive on my computer How should I proceed: I am unable to reset the hard drive on my computer How should I proceed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-reset-the-hard-drive-on-my-computer/9a95e382-585b-403d-8dc9-6e52b7b2c409
  7. How often should I run System File Checker (sfc scannow) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How often should I run System File Checker (sfc scannow) ?: Hi guys, How often should System File Checker (sfc scannow) be run? Im curious how others use SFC. Do you run SFC directly before performing a System Backup with Macrium or any other backup software? also.... Do you run SFC before creating a System Restore Point? Is it...
  8. how often should i use de-fragmentation?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how often should i use de-fragmentation?: how to use de-fragmentation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-often-should-i-use-de-fragmentation/a0b8772e-3a1e-4f44-aeb7-0b1acba78e7a
  9. How often should I create a system image? Backup files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How often should I create a system image? Backup files?: I have a windows 10 pro with the newest 1809 version. After some trouble with my PC I had no choice but to reset everything and in doing so lost everything. Now, starting all over; I want to make sure I don't repeat those same mistakes of not being prepared. I started up the...
  10. How often should I defragment my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How often should I defragment my hard drive?: I hear that defragmenting shortens the life span of a hard drive. Is this true? Also, how often should I defrag? Windows has schedules for weekly and monthly optimizations, which is better? Or should I just manually perform it whenever defragmentation reaches a certain...