Windows 10: How often to update Windows 10 built in apps

Discus and support How often to update Windows 10 built in apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft: This may be a dumb question but how often should I update the Windows 10 built in apps like OneNote, Sticky Notes, Camera, Feedback Hub,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulPChou, Feb 14, 2019.

1. PaulPChou Win User

How often to update Windows 10 built in apps

Hi Microsoft:

This may be a dumb question but how often should I update the Windows 10 built in apps like OneNote, Sticky Notes, Camera, Feedback Hub, etc.? Any set time frame? I read on the Office site about the OneNote built in for Windows 10.

:)

PaulPChou, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Can't Open Built In Apps Using The Administrator Account WITH WINDOWS 10 HOME

Hello Leon,

As you are unable to access built-in application this issue might have because of enabling built-in administrator account.

Do let us know if the issue specific only with Alarms & Clock app?

I suggest you to do the following to disable the built-in administrator account:

Steps to: Disable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)

Also, I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 14, 2019
  4. How often to update Windows 10 built in apps

Windows 10 Built in apps + UAC

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. We understand your requirement in this regard.

Please share these details.

• On which Microsoft account you are trying to disable these apps?

• When you say "we have an application in our company, which requires UAC to be disabled for it to work”. Which application you are referring to?

• On how many computers you are facing this issue?

• Are the systems connected to a domain network?

• Is the issue specific to this application?

You can see this error message “is app can't open with built in administrator account”, when you try to open built-in apps in built-in administrator. So you need a Microsoft account in order to make use of those built-in apps.

Moreover, I see you already disabled the UAC as per the application requirement that you use as a part of your company. We don’t recommend disabling UAC on to help make your computer secure. However currently we don’t have any option to run those
    app with built-in administrator.

I suggest that you provide your suggestions and feedbacks in the dedicated Feedback App. Follow these steps to provide suggestions in Windows Feedback App.

At any time, select Start, and then type Windows Feedback to send us your opinions and suggestions. Windows Feedback is only available if you have Diagnostic and usage data set to Full (Full is the recommended setting).

To change the Diagnostic and usage data setting, go to Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics, and then, under Diagnostic and usage data, select an option.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

How often to update Windows 10 built in apps

1. How often to update Windows 10 built in apps - Similar Threads - often update built

2. Windows 10 built Apps & Feature

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 built Apps & Feature: hi i was wondering if anyone knows much about how does the built in windows 10 apps & features moves files and folder to a different drive i cant anything about it or know how it moves there submitted by /u/Exact_Ad_9927 [link] [comments]...
  3. Window 10 update too often

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 update too often: Hi. My Window 10 laptop update everyday, sometime twice a day and it's really bugging me out. I have to go to "check for updates" every morning to update my laptop or my laptop will become really laggy, I can't even browse webpage smoothly without updating my laptop everyday....
  4. Window 10 update too often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 update too often: Hi. My Window 10 laptop update everyday, sometime twice a day and it's really bugging me out. I have to go to "check for updates" every morning to update my laptop or my laptop will become really laggy, I can't even browse webpage smoothly without updating my laptop everyday....
  5. Window 10 update too often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to properly remove built in apps from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to properly remove built in apps from Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/curiousaboutweird [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5httn/how_to_properly_remove_built_in_apps_from_windows/
  7. Built In Windows 10 Apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Built In Windows 10 Apps: Hello Microsoft Community, How can I remove the built in Windows 10 apps that came with my computer? I tried to right click on some of them, and I get no "Uninstall" option. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks....
  8. New built PC gets BSOD often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New built PC gets BSOD often: Not sure why but the PC I just built is getting the BSOD quite often with 2 different error codes. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR and one other but it is more rare so I forget what it states. Here are the system specs ASUS Prime Z390-A LGA 1151 (300 Series) Mobo ASUS ROG Strix...
  9. Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update: Hi Don't know which update screwed this up but I now no longer have access to Win 10 built in apps such as calculator, photos, etc. I tried a app reset on calculator, but that didn't work and is now not showing at all. I have tried the following: Get-AppXPackage |...
  10. How often are W10 ISO's updated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How often are W10 ISO's updated?: One of my pc's has turned it's toes up with the latest update. This also happened at the beginning of October and I downloaded an ISO from Microsoft on the third of the month and performed an install from within Windows keeping files, etc. Today, I downloaded another ISO...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when and how often are windows 10 updates