Windows 10: How old are you when you found out that the middle click on a mouse will open a new...

Discus and support How old are you when you found out that the middle click on a mouse will open a new... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just found out while watching a youtube video that a middle click will open another instance of the application. i was quite surprised cause i never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YagnaSA, Jun 21, 2021.

1. How old are you when you found out that the middle click on a mouse will open a new...

I just found out while watching a youtube video that a middle click will open another instance of the application. i was quite surprised cause i never knew this and it is something i do very often while on a browser and for windows explorer.

submitted by /u/YagnaSA
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YagnaSA, Jun 21, 2021
  2. Will_B_H Win User

Middle mouse button functionality changed in Windows 10 - Cannot open new tab or scroll old way

Hi,

Since upgrading my Windows 7 to Windows 10, my middle mouse button on my laptop can no longer can be used to open new tabs or close tabs in a browser. Further, it only scrolls in "multiple lines at a time" or "one screen at a time" instead of the old way
    where I could drag mouse up or down to control the speed of a smooth scroll.

I've tried tinkering with different settings but to no avail. How can I get the old scrolling feature back, along with opening and closing new tabs with the middle mouse button?

Thanks,

Will

Will_B_H, Jun 21, 2021
  3. IM4AQT Win User
    Old Windows-style middle mouse button scrolling not working in windows 10

Since upgrading my Windows 7 to Windows 10, my middle mouse button on my laptop can no longer can be used to open new tabs or close tabs in a browser. Further, it only scrolls in "multiple lines at a time" or "one screen at a time" instead of the old way
    where I could drag mouse up or down to control the speed of a smooth scroll.

I've tried tinkering with different settings but to no avail. How can I get the old scrolling feature back, along with opening and closing new tabs with the middle mouse button?

IM4AQT, Jun 21, 2021
  4. notuo Win User

How old are you when you found out that the middle click on a mouse will open a new...

Middle wheel on mouse will not open pages in a new tab

Thanks Brenda.

This is the file I already downloaded and installed as I previously said.

I did this again restarting every step and the result is the same. The middle button in a Microsoft mouse doesn't works after some recent updates.

Anyone else?

Regards

notuo, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

How old are you when you found out that the middle click on a mouse will open a new...

1. How old are you when you found out that the middle click on a mouse will open a new... - Similar Threads - old are found

2. File explorer opening in new tab middle click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer opening in new tab middle click: I have windows 11, and I used to be able to click the mouse wheel over a folder in file explorer to open that folder in a new tab. But I added something to a registry to get rid of the "show more" button in the context menu and go back to the windows 10 context menu. I'm...
  3. File explorer opening in new tab middle click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer opening in new tab middle click: I have windows 11, and I used to be able to click the mouse wheel over a folder in file explorer to open that folder in a new tab. But I added something to a registry to get rid of the "show more" button in the context menu and go back to the windows 10 context menu. I'm...
  4. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  5. Damn you Microsoft! You updated in the middle of hours of work!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Damn you Microsoft! You updated in the middle of hours of work!: Windows 10 on an HP laptop that says it was last updated 3/10/2021!How do I turn off the system auto update that updates overnight? I NEED to turn that off. Many times it has restarted and I've lost info that I hadn't saved - programs like password storage systems and other...
  6. Damn you Microsoft! You updated in the middle of hours of work!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Damn you Microsoft! You updated in the middle of hours of work!: Windows 10 on an HP laptop that says it was last updated 3/10/2021!How do I turn off the system auto update that updates overnight? I NEED to turn that off. Many times it has restarted and I've lost info that I hadn't saved - programs like password storage systems and other...
  7. Damn you Microsoft! You updated in the middle of hours of work!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. how do you get windows to paste on 'middle click' like linux does?

how do you get windows to paste on 'middle click' like linux does?: bbeen trying to ffind out how to easiely do this for 3+ years or someting 146689
  9. how do you get windows to paste on 'middle click' like linux does?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do you get windows to paste on 'middle click' like linux does?: bbeen trying to ffind out how to easiely do this for 3+ years or someting 146689
  10. old Microsoft mouse, middle click problem

old Microsoft mouse, middle click problem: Hello, I've got an old Microsoft optical wheel mouse which I like very much, but it's middle-click function doesn't work right, apparently. I've got a program called "Ninjatrader 8" which trades the stock market (futures market, technically) and this software requires a...