Windows 10: how old is this MS site?

Discus and support how old is this MS site? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Software Downloads: MultiMedia Keyboard I am looking for the multimedia 1.0a keyboard drivers in MS. Would you believe this site is so old its not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbmek, May 11, 2016.

1. elbmek Win User

how old is this MS site?

Software Downloads: MultiMedia Keyboard

I am looking for the multimedia 1.0a keyboard drivers in MS. Would you believe this site is so old its not even got win 8, let alone 10. I want the package download I use to use on this keyboard. It still the best keyboard to use. The nearest to this is the logitech R270 which I also have, but still prefer this one.

Is the failure in google to find the driver down to the war that goes on between the two? If so, then its bad bad bad.*Mad

:)

elbmek, May 11, 2016

2. Lost access to old MS this morninggames

I think there was a windows update early this morning, now my game icons are off of my desktop and I cannot access them

bvtseattle, May 11, 2016
  3. Lost access to old MS this morninggames

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below questions:

• Which games are you referring to?
    • Microsoft games or third party games?
    • Is this issue only with the games?

I request you to place the computer in Clean boot and check if it helps.

Follow the link to place your computer in Clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link above.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 11, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

how old is this MS site?

I don't know much about your particular keyboard, but the drivers listed for Windows 7 will probably still work with Windows 10. But from memory wasn't the IntelliPoint/IntelliType software superseded by Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Centre anyway, which comes automatically through Windows Update now? In Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced Options mine is set to 'Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows', and I never need to install software for Microsoft hardware as it does it itself, but I'm not sure whether this is on by default or not, or whether it's applicable to your particular keyboard.

But I agree, the whole Microsoft website seems to be stuck in a time warp. I recently commented about stupid hardware requirements. Here is a Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 headset that's still for sale today, but yet it lists the hardware requirements as:

In the support section, like you've found, it only lists Windows XP, Vista and 7 for that product. It will without doubt put an average buyer off purchasing the products who don't realise that they're still compatible with Windows 10 and drivers will either automatically come through Windows Update, or are native to Windows.

Even 'Modern' Arc mice and Arc keyboards lists the system requirements as requiring "Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP".

The stupid thing is, when I've bought recent Microsoft mice, keyboards and headsets they have updated lettering on the actual products to the new rounded Microsoft font and also updated the logo on the product to the Windows 10 logo, but just don't update their website. The text on the boxes is still outdated though as it only goes up to Windows 8, they just put a blue Windows 10 sticker on the outside of the box and that's about it.

ARC1020, May 11, 2016
  5. elbmek Win User
    The software used to be MS Intellitype Keyboard I think. I am using the keyboard right now because the update yesterday screwed up my logitech wireless keyboard and I have not yet got round to looking into it. But this is registered on the pc as a standard HID PS2 keyboard.

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how old is this MS site?

1. how old is this MS site? - Similar Threads - old site

2. Does the old Window 8 license still useful today?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the old Window 8 license still useful today?: I buy a Window 8 license online when it is firstly released and MS greatly promote it. Originally plan to use it to upgrade an old laptop. The laptop was broken so the license is not used yet, Is it possible to reuse this license to install in some product such as Virtual...
  3. Does the old Window 8 license still useful today?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does the old Window 8 license still useful today?: I buy a Window 8 license online when it is firstly released and MS greatly promote it. Originally plan to use it to upgrade an old laptop. The laptop was broken so the license is not used yet, Is it possible to reuse this license to install in some product such as Virtual...
  4. How can I remove an old employee's log-in to Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove an old employee's log-in to Windows?: I am a new Director and our old Director's log-in is still in Windows, how do I keep the settings, but remove the old log-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-an-old-employees-log-in-to/253e9b65-a9ed-4971-841d-2eb947d3e541
  5. How can I remove an old employee's log-in to Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove an old employee's log-in to Windows?: I am a new Director and our old Director's log-in is still in Windows, how do I keep the settings, but remove the old log-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-an-old-employees-log-in-to/253e9b65-a9ed-4971-841d-2eb947d3e541
  6. How can I remove an old employee's log-in to Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Trying to reset old work laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reset old work laptop: Hi my former employer allowed me to keep laptop as they were replacing laptops. Trying to set it up by resetting but no matter what I do it keeps asking me for a login that is work or school related. Is there anyway to circumvent that?...
  8. winsock download from this site two years old, will it still work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    winsock download from this site two years old, will it still work?: We have two desktops connected ethernet cable to comcast xfinity all in one box. We pay for business speed. On my husbands 10 year old Mac he is getting almost 400, on my one year old windows 10 high end gaming pc at any given time I'm lucky to get around 200. I have done...
  9. Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10: what happenbed to the old site/custom...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10: what happenbed to the old site/custom...: Using Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 latest update (July 2018) WMP 12 when looking up album info now directs to a different website: musicmatch.ssl-xboxlive.com This is an inferior option compared to the prior site: redir.metaservices.microsoft.com That original...
  10. Anyone else getting that old Google bar when visiting a Google site ..

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone else getting that old Google bar when visiting a Google site ..: Anyone else getting that old Google bar when visiting a Google site with Edge? [img] 44207