Windows 10: How on earth do we remove the welcome/lock/splash screen prior to password log in?

Discus and support How on earth do we remove the welcome/lock/splash screen prior to password log in? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I understand that one needs to make money or that a company needs to make a profit but this '1984' world we are now living in is getting beyond... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by mpager5, Sep 9, 2021.

1. mpager5 Win User

How on earth do we remove the welcome/lock/splash screen prior to password log in?

I understand that one needs to make money or that a company needs to make a profit but this '1984' world we are now living in is getting beyond ridiculous. I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. When you boot up a screen pops up it seems to have different names depending on where you look: Turning ON/OFF Splash Screen / How to disable the welcome screen on Windows 10 / Get rid of the Windows 10 lock screen. And regardless of what I try that screen keeps on popping up. This is what I did:Msconfig --> check off ‘NoGUIBootandSystem Properties --> Advanced -->Performance Options --> Visu

:)

mpager5, Sep 9, 2021
  2. PEZ
    Pez Win User

Splash/ Lock Screen

Hi all.

I posted here some years ago with a very similar issue; the responses I received never really seemed to get at the root of the issue, and now, the issue is almost the same with a slight variation.

OK, here goes:

Some refer to it as the "splash" screen, or also, the "Lock Screen"; you know, when you first boot up the computer and it arrives at the screen where, if you want to login with your password (or PIN), you tap a key and whatever picture you have for your splash/ lock screen "fades" to a soft blur, and then the field appears for you to enter your password/ PIN.

Well, with no real rhyme or reason, something happens every once-in-a-while. There's no pattern to this: Sometimes many, many months can go by before it happens again, or, a couple of weeks; I'll do my best to describe it:

When I boot up my computer and it arrives at the splash/ lock screen, what I usually do to get to the login screen is to tap my Space bar on the keyboard (sometimes the Enter key....it really doesn't matter), and then my splash/ lock screen picture fades to a blur and then I type in my PIN, but what sometimes happens is, I tap a key at the splash/ lock screen, the picture fades to a soft blur and.......the field for the password/ PIN does not appear, the picture just stays there as a soft blur.

My system, overall, has not seized or frozen up; if I move my mouse the cursor moves on-screen. Over at the right-hand side of the screen I can see the icons for Network, Ease Of Access, and the Power Button icon. So when I'm stuck at this soft blur of the Lock Screen, I usually click on the Power Button icon, and then from Sleep/ Shut Down/ Restart, I choose Restart, and then when it reboots and comes back to the splash/ lock screen, I can then get to the passwords/ PIN field and login to my desktop.

So: Any ideas as to why this happens?

As I mentioned, there's no pattern to this; sometimes many, many months can go by before this happens again.

I've done some general searches on the 'Net on this, and yes, some people have come across a similar issue, but from some descriptions I've found, their system totally seizes up and freezes: no response from keyboard or mouse so a hard shutdown is required. At least I can use my mouse on the Power Button and do a Restart.

From my searching, some suggestions are to look for a virus or malware; I've done scans, looked in Task Manager, looked at the Processes running, and also looked on the Startup tab: nothing suspicious.

Any input for me? Suggestions or ideas? *Biggrin

3. Option to remove Splash Screen?

I would really like an option to be able to remove the Splash Screen from GPU-Z!

gate1975mlm, Sep 9, 2021
  4. ITnerd Win User

How on earth do we remove the welcome/lock/splash screen prior to password log in?

Is it possible to keep the lock screen but remove the locked password?

I've got a client who wants to get rid of the lock screen password requirement but keep the lock screen with the time etc.
    Obviously disabling the password requirement leaves the device vulnerable.

I've found plenty of information on how to remove the lock screen or remove the password requirement.

But is there a way to keep the lock screen itself and not the password requirement?

It would be even better to remove it only for the non-admin user intended for this purpose.

ITnerd, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

1. How on earth do we remove the welcome/lock/splash screen prior to password log in? - Similar Threads - earth remove welcome

2. How to remove log in password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove log in password: We're two people using my computer, me and my roommate, and my roommate wants to remove the password off her account when she logs in, because typing the password in every single time she uses the PC is bothersome. We tried to remove the password both from her account...
  3. How to remove log in password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove log in password: We're two people using my computer, me and my roommate, and my roommate wants to remove the password off her account when she logs in, because typing the password in every single time she uses the PC is bothersome. We tried to remove the password both from her account...
  4. How to remove log in password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Splash/ Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Splash/ Lock Screen: Hi all. I posted here some years ago with a very similar issue; the responses I received never really seemed to get at the root of the issue, and now, the issue is almost the same with a slight variation. OK, here goes: Some refer to it as the "splash" screen, or also, the...
  6. Screen that appears prior to local log on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen that appears prior to local log on.: Hi, cud anyone tell me what is the screen that appears prior to my local log on - AND how do I disable it - if thats possible please. thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-that-appears-prior-to-local-log-on/64f8e284-a421-483b-951b-6127d2131696
  7. how do i change the WELCOME background, NOT the LOCK screen?

how do i change the WELCOME background, NOT the LOCK screen?: literally what the title says. i want to change the background that says welcome, AFTER i put in my password, NOT the background that shows up when i put in my password....
  8. how do i change the WELCOME screen, NOT the LOCK screen?

how do i change the WELCOME screen, NOT the LOCK screen?: literally what the title says. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-welcome-screen-not-the-lock/6b74d8ae-b411-42cd-8db9-478a4415f3c8
  9. Remove "Welcome" screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove "Welcome" screen?: So I have this problem after a fresh install where instead of booting directly to the desktop like my other computer used to do, now when I press the power button it displays this screen where it says "Welcome" and then boots onto the desktop. Is there anyway to remove this?...
  10. how to remove the password lock

in Windows 10 Support
    how to remove the password lock: It makes me use the password if it sets for 2-3 min. it makes me reopen with my password. how can I change it 8530