Windows 10: How People Can See When You Open Emails (and How to Stop Them)

Discus and support How People Can See When You Open Emails (and How to Stop Them) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Interesting article on Web Beacons in Email..... How People Can See When You Open Emails (and How to Stop Them) 119381 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by f14tomcat, Oct 7, 2018.

1. f14tomcat Win User

How People Can See When You Open Emails (and How to Stop Them)

f14tomcat, Oct 7, 2018
  2. kjdawson1 Win User

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Oct 7, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How People Can See When You Open Emails (and How to Stop Them) :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How People Can See When You Open Emails (and How to Stop Them) - Similar Threads - Open Emails Stop

2. Programs won't open but you can see them on the taskbar they're open and no other icons...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs won't open but you can see them on the taskbar they're open and no other icons...: I can click on the programs on the taskbar and they do not open up on the desktop but if I hover the mouse over the taskbar they have in fact opened up but just not to the main screen.I have tried right mouse clicking to choose Restore or Maximise and nothing happens. They...
  3. Programs won't open but you can see them on the taskbar they're open and no other icons...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs won't open but you can see them on the taskbar they're open and no other icons...: I can click on the programs on the taskbar and they do not open up on the desktop but if I hover the mouse over the taskbar they have in fact opened up but just not to the main screen.I have tried right mouse clicking to choose Restore or Maximise and nothing happens. They...
  4. How can I see them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I see them?: I have been given phots on jpg format my computer does not support this file how can I view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-see-them/e023be3d-b71e-4571-ba8b-46c2a53dc753
  5. How can I see them?

How can I see them?: I have been given phots on jpg format my computer does not support this file how can I view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-see-them/e023be3d-b71e-4571-ba8b-46c2a53dc753
  6. How can I see them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can no longer see 'subject' in emails unless I click to open them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can no longer see 'subject' in emails unless I click to open them: I use Mail on my laptop. Ive used it for years no problem I realise its no longer available but last week switched my laptop on and noticed that all my emails had no subject. The only way to see the subject is to click on the individual email and open it. I looked in the...
  8. I keep getting filthy emails. how can I stop them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I keep getting filthy emails. how can I stop them: I keep getting filthy emails. how can I stop them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-security/e069f37d-d265-4d32-ab3f-26e8b70b633d"
  9. How are can you adjust the email address line in MAIL > PEOPLE

How are can you adjust the email address line in MAIL > PEOPLE: I have a problem with the MS “PEOPLE” (email address part program), so let me give an example on my unsolved problem. Say I have an email address entry shown in the PEOPLE list of email addresses as: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as the display under the...
  10. How to stop "How Do You Want To Open This"

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop "How Do You Want To Open This": I have Win10Pro (upgraded in place from Win8.1Pro) and every time I click on a link in an email, I get the "How Do You Want To Open This" dialog box. I always click on Internet Explorer and I always check the box "Always use this app" but I still get this dialog popping up...