Windows 10: How prevent the upgrade?

Discus and support How prevent the upgrade? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, I reserved the upgrade from win 7 to win 10 now I don't want to download it anymore (I keep on having the boot.wim issue) is there a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by artful, Jul 28, 2015.

1. artful Win User

How prevent the upgrade?

Hi guys,

I reserved the upgrade from win 7 to win 10
    now I don't want to download it anymore (I keep on having the boot.wim issue)
    is there a way to prevent the upgrade?

thanks in advance

:)

artful, Jul 28, 2015
  2. How How Win User

I can't minimize windows edge browser in Windows 10

I am using a desktop and cannot minimize. By now there should be a solution. How can I got back to Windows 8, this is not working for me.

How How, Jul 28, 2015
  3. How can I prevent the fall creators update from trying to install every day?

30 minutes later, its installing 1709 How prevent the upgrade? :(

As I mentioned, there are deviations from your instructions:

1) Apparently there is no need to re-enable Windows Update service as it is running after the reboot regardless of what the customer wants.

2) When I run WUSHOWHIDE I am not seeing Version "1709 Feature Update" or similar. Only a couple of driver updates. I'm not sure if WUSHOWHIDE updates its list of updates as 1709 appears or if I have to continue to re-run the program to have the scan find
    1709 but trying both ways I have not seen 1709 Feature Update as of yet.

Mobile PC Upgrades, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How prevent the upgrade?

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

How prevent the upgrade?

1. How prevent the upgrade? - Similar Threads - prevent upgrade

2. Prevent Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1 upgrade to 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevent Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1 upgrade to 21H2: I have some older software that doesn't like Windows 21H2 so until the vendors have addressed this, I need to stay with version 21H1. Problem, so I had to perform a clean install of 21H1, but Windows Update keeps pushing 21H2 to my system as soon as it has a network...
  3. Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade

Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade: I have windows 10 Pro 64bit installed on a workstation. Due to a software incompatibility I want to prevent the windows 11 auto upgrade from happening. But I need the system to update all the rest within windows 10 like security patches etc. How do I do this ?...
  4. Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade: I have windows 10 Pro 64bit installed on a workstation. Due to a software incompatibility I want to prevent the windows 11 auto upgrade from happening. But I need the system to update all the rest within windows 10 like security patches etc. How do I do this ?...
  5. Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Prevent Windows 10 Upgrade to version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows 10 Upgrade to version 22H2: Dear all,I have some computers running on Windows 10 32bit for support some DOS program. Recently, when you computer upgrade to version 22H2 that will display blue screen error. After investigation, it seems related to some conflict with M.2 SSD. Before we find the solution...
  7. Prevent Windows 10 Upgrade to version 22H2

Prevent Windows 10 Upgrade to version 22H2: Dear all,I have some computers running on Windows 10 32bit for support some DOS program. Recently, when you computer upgrade to version 22H2 that will display blue screen error. After investigation, it seems related to some conflict with M.2 SSD. Before we find the solution...
  8. Prevent Windows 10 Upgrade to version 22H2

9. BSOD traced to wnpdriver.sys following Win11 Upgrade. What is it and how do I prevent?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD traced to wnpdriver.sys following Win11 Upgrade. What is it and how do I prevent?: Following a Win10 to Win11 upgrade on a Lenovo T490 Laptop, I have been experiencing BSOD. A review of the logs indicate it is a driver called wnpdriver.sys in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers directory. I delete the driver and the machine will stay up but, without known...
  10. BSOD traced to wnpdriver.sys following Win11 Upgrade. What is it and how do I prevent?

BSOD traced to wnpdriver.sys following Win11 Upgrade. What is it and how do I prevent?: Following a Win10 to Win11 upgrade on a Lenovo T490 Laptop, I have been experiencing BSOD. A review of the logs indicate it is a driver called wnpdriver.sys in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers directory. I delete the driver and the machine will stay up but, without known...