Windows 10: how quickly does your dvd writer recognize your dvd+rw discs/

Discus and support how quickly does your dvd writer recognize your dvd+rw discs/ in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; this LG multi light scribe writer is faster on DVD movies and burned ISO files, but can take maybe a minute to recognize a DVD+RW when used as a usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sdowney717, Jan 8, 2021.

1. how quickly does your dvd writer recognize your dvd+rw discs/

this LG multi light scribe writer is faster on DVD movies and burned ISO files, but can take maybe a minute to recognize a DVD+RW when used as a usb flash drive (as win10 describes it) after sticking it in.

Is that typical?

:)

sdowney717, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Ed_336 Win User

DVD RW Drive E not recognizing formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc

My DVD RW Drive E does not recognize a formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc that I am trying to burn.

Any suggestions?

Ed_336, Jan 8, 2021
  3. rwb1012 Win User
    DVD RW Drive E not recognizing formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc

All writers do not support writing to all formats.

e.g. Some Dell will write to DVD+RW but not DVD-RW

What writer do you have?

rwb1012, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Widjaja Win User

how quickly does your dvd writer recognize your dvd+rw discs/

PATA DVD Drives do not burn RW or RAM discs

I have a weird issue with all my drives.
    I have:-
    Lite-On 20x DVD RW
    ASUS 16x DVD RW
    LG 16x DVD RW

All recognized as RAM drives but none of them burn on to DVD RW or DVD RAM properly.

Would this be to do with the discs or the drives themselves.

I have been using Sony DVD-RW discs and DVD-RAM discs to no avail.

Widjaja, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

how quickly does your dvd writer recognize your dvd+rw discs/

1. how quickly does your dvd writer recognize your dvd+rw discs/ - Similar Threads - quickly does dvd

2. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  3. how to erase a DVD + rw disc

how to erase a DVD + rw disc: I would like to create a new copy of my previous system repair disc. However, this requires me to erase the disc. Before, this option was available by "right-clicking" the DVD disc in “This PC” & selecting "erase". Now, there is not any option to "erase" the DVD+RW floppy...
  4. DVD -RW recognizes CDs but thinks there's no disc when DVD in inserted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD -RW recognizes CDs but thinks there's no disc when DVD in inserted: I have been facing this problem after updating to Windows version 1903. It continues now after upgrading to version 2004 of May 2020. I have a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653H optical drive on my DELL Vostro 460 desktop. The drive recognizes all CDs that I had written / rewritten...
  5. DVD+RW is not recognized for backup?

DVD+RW is not recognized for backup?: To perform backup to DVD+RW, the external DVD is not recognized, it is empty. Who can help me, but not a professional DVD+RW wird für eine Datensicherung nicht erkannt?
  6. Does DVD player / ROM / writer physically "touch" the DVD disc

Does DVD player / ROM / writer physically "touch" the DVD disc: It's said CD / DVD / VCD is read by laser , and never touch the disc physcially, and so it would never scratch the disc and cause any data rot to the disc, is that true? My discs are more expensive than the DVD writer... 133953
  7. DVD writer not recognized by Windows 10

DVD writer not recognized by Windows 10: I have a Samsung DVD writer model SE-208GB/RSDB that is not recognized by Windows 10. I don't know what happened but tried to reinstall it and it is not recognized at all. I have tried reaching Samsung to see if there is a driver I need but can't seem to get through to them...
  8. DVD RW Drive E not recognizing formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc

DVD RW Drive E not recognizing formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc: My DVD RW Drive E does not recognize a formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc that I am trying to burn. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive-e-not-recognizing-formatted-verbatim/64c0442b-a193-4511-9413-3efe8f2858ff
  9. How do I burn a dvd-rw disc?

How do I burn a dvd-rw disc?: How do I burn a dvd-rw disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/burning/e319bda1-2d94-4205-85ec-2d709c97a02b
  10. DVD+-RW drive suddenly stopped recognizing blank DVD-R discs

DVD+-RW drive suddenly stopped recognizing blank DVD-R discs: I am running Microsoft 10 on a Dell Inspiron laptop that is 2 years old. All software and drivers are current. In the last week I've made about 20 discs with family videos. I ran out of DVDs and bought a spindle of 50 DVDs of the exact same brand/type (SONY DVD-R 120 min/4/7...