Windows 10: How recover file form Defender quarantine

Discus and support How recover file form Defender quarantine in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use windows 20H2 and plugged in a usk drive with portable apps and windows defender deleted one of the files (a key reader & backup) to quarantine.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hazcrew, May 19, 2021.

1. Hazcrew Win User

How recover file form Defender quarantine

I use windows 20H2 and plugged in a usk drive with portable apps and windows defender deleted one of the files (a key reader & backup) to quarantine. I've used this stick many times and the file is clean, although I can understands as a key reader why Windows would block it As I use Malwarebytes never had anything flagged before by Defender. Under Windows security - Virus and Threat protection it show Malwarebytes. Although the Defender firewall app is installed the Defender A/V app is not, or so I thought. Are there any suggestions on how to a. recover file from quarantine (I may be able to get replacement from elsewhere) b. prevent Defender from quarantining this file in the future Thanks in advance for your help

:)

Hazcrew, May 19, 2021

2. How to recover all quarantine file from windows defender of windows 10...... and past quarantine files

How to recover all quarantine file from windows defender of windows 10...... and past quarantine files......

Satish Lal, May 19, 2021
  3. where is the quarantined defender files put?

i needed the drive free of some files , so was copying a folder I wanted, and Defender was objecting.
    So I added an exception, but maybe it did not take cause the file is nowhere to be found.

It says e: which was the usb drive, so put in another usb drive, and selected to restore, but it is NOT restoring the missing file.
    It is the name that made defender react as it is an audio driver install patch program, and now is it gone?

How recover file form Defender quarantine [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

How To Recover Files Deleted By Windows Defender Antivirus?.

is it really that hard to restore??

- - - Updated - - -

I found the patch online. Only way to download was use Firefox, and I turned off Defender temporarily.
    Then I uploaded it to a folder on my google drive

I have no idea what Defender did with the original file. But it certainly was not able to restore it, even though it had a menu option.
    When I made an 'exception' it never showed an exception in the list, so I suppose it never did make an exception.

sdowney717, May 19, 2021
  4. Jrjamssc1 Win User

Defender deletes quarantined files.

How do I recover a file that Defender quarantined then deleted(or did something with it) without permission.

Jrjamssc1, May 19, 2021
Thema:

1. How recover file form Defender quarantine - Similar Threads - recover file form

2. Quarantined files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quarantined files: Hi all. I've got a NAS, I use the shares as network folders. I think, some files are quarantined by Windows Defender Windows 7 or 10. When I use Linux, I see these files and folders they are in, but I can't delete them. The error message of the file manager software Dolphin,...
  3. Microsoft Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?: I'm an audio producer and Microsoft Defender suddenly thinks that a file in my audio samples library is Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml. Defender automatically quarantines the threat, but unfortunately this cripples the audio software that relies upon these sample files. I think...
  4. Windows Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?

Windows Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?: I'm an audio producer and Microsoft Defender suddenly thinks that a file in my audio samples library is Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml. Defender automatically quarantines the threat, but unfortunately this cripples the audio software that relies upon these sample files. I think...
  5. where is the quarantined defender files put?

where is the quarantined defender files put?: i needed the drive free of some files , so was copying a folder I wanted, and Defender was objecting. So I added an exception, but maybe it did not take cause the file is nowhere to be found. It says e: which was the usb drive, so put in another usb drive, and selected to...
  6. How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses?

How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses?: I have an intrusive file that isn't a virus, but is very intrusive, says I have viruses to force me to buy a "Premium" membership for it. Every time I delete it, it downloads itself back on to the computer. Could anyone help me on this?...
  7. [Urgent] How to restore a quarantined file in Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Urgent] How to restore a quarantined file in Windows Defender?: [repost] Windows Defender on my laptop quarantined steam_api.dll as a false alarm. I thought it's actually a tojan so I clicked on the 'Remove' button. However, I just found out that the file was perfect and I wanna restore it now. It is visible in 'Full History' tab but...
  8. No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

No Quarantine in Windows Defender?: I installed Windows 10 1903 and noticed in the Windows Defender settings that the Quarantine section has been removed. Where would I find the Quarantine within Windows Defender in 1903? 137937
  9. How to get my quarantined file back from Windows Defender?

How to get my quarantined file back from Windows Defender?: I followed the instructions to find the file, added it to the "allowed" list, but Defender will not let me restore it or access it - just shows as quarantined with no option to get it back. I'm going to keep the majority about what I think of this to myself because I don't...
  10. How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender

How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender: Like the first photo, sometimes Windows Defender shows which file it detected and quarantined. In this case, it's fine. [img] But, sometimes, it doesn't show what files it detected and quarantined, and shows only perhaps "quarantined" files, and I don't know what...