Windows 10: How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?

Discus and support How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've configured Reflect to automatically run full and differential backups to two drives as shown in the enclosed Reflect status report. [img] The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Steve C, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?

I've configured Reflect to automatically run full and differential backups to two drives as shown in the enclosed Reflect status report.

How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling? [​IMG]

The report says the last " full system backup to usb hdd" was run on 14/11/16 and was successful. However when I look at the file backups there is no full backup file for 14/11/ 16 - see below.

How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling? [​IMG]

There is no error report and there is ample space on the destination drive. The differential backup has worked as has the backups to the other drive "full ssd backup to drive X".

Has anyone else noticed missing backups from Reflect with no reported errors? I'll check more closely in future whether Reflect is scheduling backups correctly.

:)

Steve C, Nov 23, 2016

2. Convert MBR to GPT without data loss?

Windows backup is depreciated in Windows 10 and is not reliable.

I Suggest backup using Macrium Reflect, a freeware that covers all the requirements.

Please see on how to backup:

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 23, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    File History versus Dedicated Backup Software

I'll second JohnD's recommendation of Macrium Reflect. I'm very happy with it.

True Image and Reflect are image backup applications, although they can also make file and folder backups. File History only makes file backups.

For image backups I use the paid version of Macrium Reflect, but the free version works just as well and is equally reliable. It just has fewer features.

For file and folder backups I use 7zip, which is free. It's actually a compression program. I taught myself how to use command line and how to run it on a schedule. Not bad for a guy who didn't major in Computer Science.

BulldogXX, Nov 23, 2016
  4. Railtech Win User

According to the schedule view you posted your next scheduled Full backup will happen on 12/12/2016 at 0900 hours. In the meantime only differential backups will occur.

Railtech, Nov 23, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    My point was that the Reflect status report says a full backup completed on 14/11/16 but there is no backup file. The last actual full backup was 16/10/16 and there should have been another one on 14/11/16.

Steve C, Nov 23, 2016
  6. Railtech Win User
    Did you change the parameters of the backup from the first one in the screenshot to the second one? A modified schedule may not work correctly. Create a new schedule may fix the issue.

Railtech, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling? - Similar Threads - Reliable Macrium Reflect

2. Can Macrium Reflect "miss" a scheduled backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can Macrium Reflect "miss" a scheduled backup?: I am using one of the "canned" backup definitions: Full backup at 9 AM on the first Monday of every month Differential backup at 9 AM every Monday of every week Incremental backup at 9 AM every Monday...Sunday The last full backup should have been done on Monday April 4, but...
  3. Macrium Backup restore: how reliable?

Macrium Backup restore: how reliable?: 1. All my docs, pictures etc. are on the internal spinning HD. I have made a Macrium backp of my C drive (its a 250 GB SSD) every week for years and I have a bootable Macrium startup DVD. I did two trial restorations a few years ago which were successful. However, after a...
  4. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  5. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  6. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  7. Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question

Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question: I run Macrium reflect free & create an image every week but have always assumed it created a new image (due to my choosing full backup every time) but had used a small 1TB HD for backup so didn't notice anything amiss. Recently I began using a 4TB HD & therefore thought it...
  8. Missing backup definition files in macrium reflect

Missing backup definition files in macrium reflect: I have two backup tasks that appear in the "scheduled backups" tab, and they run on schedule, but they don't appear in the "backup definition files" tab. This happened due to an uninstall and reinstall. How can I get them back into the "backup definition files" tab? I...
  9. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  10. Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File

Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File: I think I understand the idea behind the Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File. It saves backup settings so you don’t need to re-enter them. What I don’t get is how it’s supposed to be used over time. Right now I create a new one every time I do a full backup and then use it...