Windows 10: How repair mini SC card with Read/Write error

Discus and support How repair mini SC card with Read/Write error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a mini SD card in my Galaxy S9+. I constantly get a message which reads that there is a Read/Write error. So far, I haven't had a problem saving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nisko, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Nisko Win User

How repair mini SC card with Read/Write error

I have a mini SD card in my Galaxy S9+. I constantly get a message which reads that there is a Read/Write error. So far, I haven't had a problem saving all my new photos but sooner or later, the card will die (128 GB card). I have all my photos on the card so I copied them to my PC. So far, so good - nothing lost. I Googled how to fix the error and it was suggested that I run chkdsk or reformat the drive or use the Diskpart command. First, chkdsk tells me the volume ID and tells me it's formatted as exFAT. The, it just sits there. (The command I used was "chkdsk h: /f". The mini SD card is in a USB adapter plugged into my computer. The mini card is recognized.

Next, I tried the Diskpart command but couldn't understand how to use the results.

I haven't yet tried the reformat solution yet because I know nothing about the exFAT format.

PS: Somewhere I read that there is a lock button on the mini SD card - but I couldn't find one.

Could someone help me out with this issue? A 128 GB card isn't cheap! I'd like to salvage this one. Thank you.......

:)

Nisko, Jun 22, 2019

2. I can't format My micro SD card on Win10 yet I can read it's contents, error card is write protected please release the write-protect

In my Case, SD Card is not "Physically Write Protected" and does not have any password.

Furthermore, I've tried a number of different SD cards but still cant format/write data onto SC card.

I wonder if it is a permanent feature?

FaisalAshrafR, Jun 22, 2019
  3. OneMoar Win User
    I flashed my DCII-7970 with Ati flash and now it's not working

open a RMA with ASUS send the card in for repair if atiflash isn't listing both cards then there is no possibility for you to repair it

OneMoar, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

1. How repair mini SC card with Read/Write error - Similar Threads - repair mini card

2. Error reading or writing history file in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error reading or writing history file in PowerShell: How to fix this? I am using Powershell 7. Thank you.Error reading or writing history file 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\PowerShell\PSReadLine\ConsoleHost_history.txt': Access to the path...
  3. Error reading or writing history file in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error reading or writing history file in PowerShell: How to fix this? I am using Powershell 7. Thank you.Error reading or writing history file 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\PowerShell\PSReadLine\ConsoleHost_history.txt': Access to the path...
  4. Error reading or writing history file error!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error reading or writing history file error!!!: How to fix this? I am using Powershell 7. Thank you.Error reading or writing history file 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\PowerShell\PSReadLine\ConsoleHost_history.txt': Access to the path...
  5. Error reading or writing history file error!!!

Error reading or writing history file error!!!: How to fix this? I am using Powershell 7. Thank you.Error reading or writing history file 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\PowerShell\PSReadLine\ConsoleHost_history.txt': Access to the path...
  6. SD Card reading error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card reading error: I've been using Windows 11 now for a few weeks on my new PC. Lately I've been using my DSLR camera to take photos for a college course and I've noticed almost every time I plug the SD card into my PC explorer crashes. Explorer becomes unresponsive, I'm unable to end task or...
  7. SD Card reading error

SD Card reading error: I've been using Windows 11 now for a few weeks on my new PC. Lately I've been using my DSLR camera to take photos for a college course and I've noticed almost every time I plug the SD card into my PC explorer crashes. Explorer becomes unresponsive, I'm unable to end task or...
  8. Mini Card Reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mini Card Reader: How do I use my Mini Card Reader with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mini-card-reader/1d0a3e63-4c6a-40d9-bfcf-77cdcc1e1d9c
  9. Hard Disk Repair, Write Speed, Reading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Disk Repair, Write Speed, Reading: Hello, God, I have a 1000 GB hard drive and it's hard to go, that if I copy the data on it, it's copying hard enough. Do you know any solution to increase writing, reading, optimization, etc.? Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  10. Read and write speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Read and write speed: Hello and my name is Lorenzo. I have an HDD that has a sequential read of 200mbs and a write of 187. I am getting 2mbs when downloading from steam. My hard drive in the device manager says ST2000dm006-2dm164. Does anyone know how to fix this?...