Windows 10: How Reset Windows Properly to have factory system back?

Discus and support How Reset Windows Properly to have factory system back? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Urgent! I am trying to figure out precisely and exactly the following I cannot find the solution as its confusing whether to reset, refresh, restore,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by drade81, Feb 20, 2020.

1. drade81 Win User

How Reset Windows Properly to have factory system back?

Urgent!

I am trying to figure out precisely and exactly the following I cannot find the solution as its confusing whether to reset, refresh, restore, etc and how ro do it property, Windows features and what exactly will happen. So this is exactly what Im looking for:

1. I need to re-set my Toshiba computer and its entire system to brand new factory state for ALL possible errors to be fixed and to be able to solve issues like virus leftovers, drives that can’t be read, and things like that. Get everything in the right place and working 100% as when it was first used.

2. I need to keep all my files and documents intact.

3. I do not mind erasing all apps for later to reinstall them, as they can be the source of operating errors an I want to make sure its all fixed to factory.

4. My computer came with windows 8 originally and I updated it for free to Windows 10 on the Microsoft page.

My inquiries,

1. Which method will assure a complete operating system restore to factory that would fix my full system and leave it impecable and intact?

2. Since I originally bought my Cpu with Windows 8 and Im using windows 10, I wonder if when I do the proper re-set will it bring it back to Windows 8? If so can I use the same setup.exe I downloaded from Microsoft to upgrade Windows 8 to 10 again?

3. I still keep the apps and drivers from Toshiba, the manufacturer, but I have read that some methods will reinstall windows 10 without all that bulk, Which one is it? But I also wonder if that means that without those apps/files the system might face errors? Or is ir safe to exclude those apps/files? If its better to keep them, how do I do that, which method I use?

4. When I reset my Toshiba Cpu as I would like to do it, will it include the proper and complete set of drivers needed to function perfectly? If my manufacturer’s files are excluded, will that represent a malfunction risk? If so, how do I re-set my Cpu so it will keep my manufacturer’s filesdrives, programs, apps, settings for Toshiba laptop? Or, how can I re-download all the drivers needed and how do I know which ones I need?

I kindly request your help to be able to solve this issue, please let me know which method to follow exactly and if its possible how to do it. Im sure that it will be very helpful for many people. Thank you!

:)

drade81, Feb 20, 2020
  2. RCoon Win User

Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Feb 20, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Feb 20, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

1. How Reset Windows Properly to have factory system back? - Similar Threads - Reset Properly factory

2. Having trouble factory resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble factory resetting: I traded a laptop for a pc with my brother and been trying to get it to factory reset I gotten a error then the search bar and the window start stopped working tried repair but also got a error and got no clue what to do now...
  3. Having trouble factory resetting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having trouble factory resetting: I traded a laptop for a pc with my brother and been trying to get it to factory reset I gotten a error then the search bar and the window start stopped working tried repair but also got a error and got no clue what to do now...
  4. Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?: I permanently deleted my windows files and I now do not know what to do as I tried a lot of methods, my computer is not stuck on the automatic repairing screen and I cannot escape it, it has been like this for about 3 days now.. I tried a lot of YouTube videos, tried all the...
  5. Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?: I permanently deleted my windows files and I now do not know what to do as I tried a lot of methods, my computer is not stuck on the automatic repairing screen and I cannot escape it, it has been like this for about 3 days now.. I tried a lot of YouTube videos, tried all the...
  6. Factory reset system without reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory reset system without reverting back to windows 7: I upgraded my PC from windows 7 to Windows 10 and i want to factory reset my system ,I want to know a way through which my windows 10 don't revert back to windows 7 and my data except the system files is deleted .Here are some option which i've selected and i'm not sure if...
  7. repaired pc back to factory reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    repaired pc back to factory reset: ,paid for lifetime home and office , can view documents but not edit. when i put in product key red text comes up and says it has been used, help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repaired-pc-back-to-factory-reset/c2242a63-c953-47b2-bd60-b8f1a222b937"
  8. How Reset Windows Propertly to have factory system back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Reset Windows Propertly to have factory system back?: Urgent! I am trying to figure out precisely and exactly the following I cannot find the solution as its confusing whether to reset, refresh, restore, etc and how ro do it property, Windows features and what exactly will happen. So this is exactly what Im looking for: 1. I...
  9. How to reset PC back to Factory with windows 10 pro ?

How to reset PC back to Factory with windows 10 pro ?: I need step to reset PC back to factory . Wiping my files and programs . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-pc-back-to-factory-with-windows-10/4bbcabcc-1245-40d7-b3cf-e9557b556497
  10. Factory Reset - Windows 10 still not installed properly

Factory Reset - Windows 10 still not installed properly: Hi, I had reset (keeping my data intact) on my Surface Pro and it went through reset and installed windows, it remember my windows hello login and the pin, however, when it got to my desktop, the start menu doesnt work and neither does the search bar. There are no apps in the...