Windows 10: HOW: Robocopy command to a batch-file

Discus and support HOW: Robocopy command to a batch-file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This working fine in a Command Prompt: robocopy "C:\¤Head Folder\Folder 01\Old folder" "C:\¤Head Folder\Folder 01\New folder" /mov /minage:930 How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Søren Niels, Jan 21, 2021.

1. HOW: Robocopy command to a batch-file

This working fine in a Command Prompt:

robocopy "C:\¤Head Folder\Folder 01\Old folder" "C:\¤Head Folder\Folder 01\New folder" /mov /minage:930

How do I make a Batch file .BAT with that RoboCopy command

:)

Søren Niels, Jan 21, 2021

2. Robocopy command is not recognized

Does robocopy.exe exist in the folder C:\Windows\System32?

Frederik Long, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Jon Bonin Win User
    Robocopy command is not recognized

When I try and run robocopy, I get the following return statement within my command prompt:

'robocopy' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file

Is there any way to get this working? I would like to be able to use for transferring files around. Any help would be appreciated.

Jon Bonin, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Binky_875 Win User

HOW: Robocopy command to a batch-file

Repeat RoboCopy batch file in Windows 10 gives different results.

Action taken as suggested.

Same question now exists here
    HERE

Binky_875, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

HOW: Robocopy command to a batch-file

1. HOW: Robocopy command to a batch-file - Similar Threads - Robocopy command batch

2. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?: Evening, I'm just after a bit of help, I have a folder on my PC which has a load of files from my Nikon Camera - for my current example 1700 at around 42GB, I usually copy these to an external SDD but I'm guessing due to the SSD the speed tends to drop off so I start around...
  3. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?: Evening, I'm just after a bit of help, I have a folder on my PC which has a load of files from my Nikon Camera - for my current example 1700 at around 42GB, I usually copy these to an external SDD but I'm guessing due to the SSD the speed tends to drop off so I start around...
  4. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  6. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  7. Command Prompt/ Batch files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt/ Batch files: [ATTACH] when i create a batch file to ping something, it spams the command and throws no response. how do i fix this? https://preview.redd.it/fyy6qwrfx7n61.png?width=256&format=png&auto=webp&s=d55552fdc7a5c297d565617f710992048238660c submitted by /u/xWasss [link]...
  8. Batch commands

Batch commands: I know this stuff is kind of old tech, but would anyone know how to make a script that goes through the contents of a folder or file and uses them as command-line arguments say in pseudocode it might look something like: for each item in Desktop, copy %name% to D:\ a USB...
  9. Robocopy command is not recognized

Robocopy command is not recognized: When I try and run robocopy, I get the following return statement within my command prompt: 'robocopy' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file Is there any way to get this working? I would like to be able to use for...
  10. Wildcards in Robocopy | Batch file very very basics

in Windows 10 Support
    Wildcards in Robocopy | Batch file very very basics: I have folders that contain files and subfolders. The files have a limited set of extensions. What I seek to do is to robocopy /mir the files separately from the subfolders. I have been trying to review wildcard basics. I am not finding any ways to combine them that suits...